VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Sorry, but I can't get VAICOM Pro to work. I've read through the manual, watched the tutorial video, but VAICOM won't work for me. Plain vanilla VA works fine with my own profiles. I then installed the VAICOM and VAICOM Chatter Plugins (but left the AIRIO plugin out for now). For a first test I hopped into my F14 standing cold & dark on an airfield. First thing would be to attach ground power. So I tried TX1, TX4 and TX5 one after another with the voice command "Chief, Ground Power ON". This command obviously is recognized from VA, but nothing happens in DCS. I also tried several other commands, i.e. request to taxi whith engies running, but there is never any response in DCS.

Please see the attached screenshot vom VA that clearly shows that VAICOM has been initialized, and my command has been received via TX1. What am I missing?

:helpsmilie:I'm having the exact problem here, I just went through the manual item-by-item and cannot get this application to function at all. Additionally, when the button to toggle "chatter" is depressed my ViewTracker goes mad. Looks like the POV for someone experiencing a seizure. If you find out what's up please update . I'm going to remove this turkey, I hope I won't have to do more than reinstall VoiceAttack.

Cheers,

CB3

Hi Maestro

What do you mean by Menus? Do you mean the F radiomenu (F1-F12)

With Vaicom Pro you can use the "options" voicecommand to open the F-menu and the "Take" command followed by the F number you like to select. "Take 1" selects the F1 option in the menu. "Take 10" = F10 Other.

Im not sure what you ask though :(

If you have the F-menu popping in and out all the time then Vaicom Pro did`nt recognized the module/plane you are useing.

Sorry.. shooting in the dark here :music_whistling:

Agent Wolf

Awesome I never knew that existed, thank you, very useful in Aerobatics servers where Easy Comms is on

Can't access lcntrol+Lalt+c

When I hit lcntrl +lalt+c nothing happens. This is a new problem. It just stopped working for reasons I don't understand. Anyone have the same problem?

aka MadMonk; Windows 10, 64 bit, Radeon 6800XT gpu, Ryzen 5 5600 cpu, 32 gig ram; Samsung 2TB EVO SSD, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle and stick, Saitek combat rudder pedals; Oculus Rift.

So, what´s up with this "Radar is in Lock state" whenever you issue radar related commands? Can´t say when it happens and when not, more often then not it does, and it´s pretty much unusable that way...

I get this when I have a target locked. Use the command "break lock" and try again

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ANON6-1 | Wolfie

I don´t even get to lock a target. Even when there´s definitley no target locked, right after mission start etc. and I issue any radar related command, like scan range auto or whatever I get this message. I tried "break lock" and everything else I could think of, including jumping in the back myself and turning everything off and on again etc, but when the problem is there then it´s there to stay for the rest of the mission.

I don´t even get to lock a target. Even when there´s definitley no target locked, right after mission start etc. and I issue any radar related command, like scan range auto or whatever I get this message. I tried "break lock" and everything else I could think of, including jumping in the back myself and turning everything off and on again etc, but when the problem is there then it´s there to stay for the rest of the mission.

Hmm....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ANON6-1 | Wolfie

I can't get AIRIO to work. TX5 button works fine if AIRIO is disabled. When I enabled it, TX5 pushed command is unrecognized. No response from Jester of course. Just trying to get Jester to respond to "startup."

Am I missing something?

thanks.

Win 10 · i9900K@stock · 4070Ti· ASUS Z390-A · SSD · 64Gb · TM Warthog · CV1 · Quest 2

Post AIRIO updates, "Take 10" and some other commands don't work for me. VA is recognizing them, but nothing happens. "Take [1-9]" seems to work, but 10, 11, 12, especially 10, aren't doing anything. Other commands, I use commonly work fine. "Request Rearm", "Ground power on", etc.

I have done a LUA reset.

Update: I figured out that VAICOM PRO wasn't actually auto-updating for me. All the log messages I indicated it was, but it didn't. After I manually updated to 2.5.10 it started behaving as expected again. Haven't tested AIRIO since but hopefully it's fixed too.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I can't get AIRIO to work. TX5 button works fine if AIRIO is disabled. When I enabled it, TX5 pushed command is unrecognized. No response from Jester of course. Just trying to get Jester to respond to "startup."

Am I missing something?

thanks.

If you are cold and dark you will need to ask Chief to connect ground power first

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Is it possible to setup VAICOM for multiple DCS installs?

I have both the Open Beta and Release installs on my computer and am currently only running VAICOM on the Open Beta.

I was wondering if you set it up on each to download the luas and scripts to each would it work in both?

Hi!

First the program is great! but several issue I find:

1. Could you please make a new forum to reorganize all a bit? Sure there are same questions in the same post. It is caotic right now for searching and replying. Thanks!

2. I asked twice but I dind't see the reply (maybe it was there, but again the 1 post forum is not great for looking this). Could you please find the way to allow the RIO wheel to appear when we press a button? I suppose you don't put it because everytime you give an order it appears? but when we forget the sentence we have to say, we cannot do anything if we are flying alone in a server, as we cannot go to the rio position in multiplayer.

3. Number of bombs, rockets. I don't understand it. There are 2,5,10,20 and 30 as orders. Each of them gives a change by the rio of: 2,3,4,6 and 8. And also there is no way of making work "Set ripple quantity Step" it doesn't do anything change. Or "Set Ripple Quantity" option, I say a number after that one and doesn't do anything...

4. Same for distance. I suppose you calculate the miliseconds for the distance set? because everytime is different number. 5,10,25,50,100,200 and 400 gives different values. Also doesn't work "Set Ripple Distance" or I don't know how to make it work. Or "Set Ripple Distance Step"

5. Are there instructions to set Delivery mode? and attack mode?

6. This last one gives me an idea you could implement. Right now my translate to spanish give me 1074 sentences, which when looking for something makes things mad. Could you please add a select menu in the Editor area "Segment" one to choose sentences between RIO, ICEMAN, ATC, JTAC and all the subsections? That way we can search more easy and not show all our full number of sentences to search for something

Thanks!

2. I asked twice but I dind't see the reply (maybe it was there, but again the 1 post forum is not great for looking this). Could you please find the way to allow the RIO wheel to appear when we press a button? I suppose you don't put it because everytime you give an order it appears? but when we forget the sentence we have to say, we cannot do anything if we are flying alone in a server, as we cannot go to the rio position in multiplayer.

If you are using English commands, the linked kneeboards might work for you

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3304381/

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

I don't now the great technical impossibility that prevents us from having the wheel, or an option to have the possibility, but some of us are asking for this since first day and we do not get an answer.

Please, the wheel is usefull, and it allows do things that the VAICOM can't.

VAICOM allow also select radio options menu saying "options, take 1..." Why not the wheel?

If finally not implemented, please communicate it, and I and others will finish to make a voice attack profile for Jester via "A, CTRL+1.."

Edited by gonvise

If you are using English commands, the linked kneeboards might work for you

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3304381/

No, I translated everything in Spanish, and all is working great, but remember I have 107X sentences. Even if I would use english I would grow the diccionary as I don't remember what I had to say, and I don't want to be looking papers to remember, I just say what I have in my head, so if for example in the VAICOM would be "Select Bombs", I would add "Choose Bombs" because brain sometimes forget the world "select" and say the "choose" one. XD

But for that reason we (some of us) want the option to have the wheel also when AIRIO is selected.

No, I translated everything in Spanish, and all is working great, but remember I have 107X sentences. Even if I would use english I would grow the diccionary as I don't remember what I had to say, and I don't want to be looking papers to remember, I just say what I have in my head, so if for example in the VAICOM would be "Select Bombs", I would add "Choose Bombs" because brain sometimes forget the world "select" and say the "choose" one. XD

But for that reason we (some of us) want the option to have the wheel also when AIRIO is selected.

What I need until now, I tanslated to German. Altough I'm not that bad in pronounce english words, I had a hard time with viacom not understanding me frequently (trained the engine at least 4 times, even created new words in the dictionary). With switching to german and creating own commands it now works like a charm.

Edited by Cornelius

I don't now the great technical impossibility that prevents us from having the wheel, or an option to have the possibility, but some of us are asking for this since first day and we do not get an answer.

Please, the wheel is usefull, and it allows do things that the VAICOM can't.

VAICOM allow also select radio options menu saying "options, take 1..." Why not the wheel?

If finally not implemented, please communicate it, and I and others will finish to make a voice attack profile for Jester via "A, CTRL+1.."

:thumbup::thumbup:

I also think functionality very limited (simplified) without the wheel. As I wrote before it seems that there are no possibilities to manually enter frequencies into the AN/ARC-182 (e.g. VOR).

Agreed, a combination of voice and the wheel as backup / alternative would be ideal.

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

Update: I figured out that VAICOM PRO wasn't actually auto-updating for me. All the log messages I indicated it was, but it didn't. After I manually updated to 2.5.10 it started behaving as expected again. Haven't tested AIRIO since but hopefully it's fixed too.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Same problem here, thx for the tip. all working again now :)

J

System:

I9 9900KS 5.0GHz : 2080Ti : MSI Z390 GODLike : 32Gb Vengance 4000MHz DDR4 : Samsung 970 1TB Evo Plus, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB : ViewSonic 4K 32"

Windows 10 : HOTAS - Warthog : TPR Pedals : HP Reverb Pro

Hi guys. Looking for a little help. I bought VIACOM PRO a few days ago but can't seem to get it to hook into DCS properly. The PTT page refuses to show the aircraft I'm flying, and as such nothing works.

I've tried deleting the export.lua from my scripts folder as the manual suggests, and can confirm that on restarting it created a new one with just the VIACOM PRO line in it. I've also directed it to my custom DCS folder (in my case "D:/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World OpenBeta") and tried with and without checking the OB box, but nothing seems to work.

Does anyone have any other ideas? I've been looking at YouTube installation/help videos and Googling my head off trying to find out where the problem lies, but no luck so far.

EDIT: After about 20 restarts it has just picked up the aircraft for the first time and is letting me issue commands. I will do some testing and see it remains stable. The one thing I noticed was that PTT was showing "Easy Communication: ON" all the time, whether or not I had EasyComms on or off. I came out to look at the Gameplay Settings page in DCS and it was set to OFF (as it always was), but when I went back into a mission its now reading the state correctly. Hopefully this is going to stay good.

Edited by frostycab

The PTT page refuses to show the aircraft I'm flying, and as such nothing works.

I had something similar happen, but it was connected to the amount of certain static objects present on the map. Weird, I know, but I tested extensively.

Are you starting in pre-made missions? Have you tried starting in the air, on an otherwise empty map? No other units, statics etc.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Frosty, start VAICOM, then start DCS, get into your cockpit , VAICOM willl indicate your plane in the PTT page when your in your plane..

Edited by Strut

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

Frosty, start VAICOM, then start DCS, get into your cockpit , VAICOM willl indicate your plane in the PTT page when your in your plane..

This is possibly where I was going wrong, though I can't be sure. I may have been starting VA and VIACOM after I loaded DCS, and didn't realise that could be an issue. I will continue to test and report any problems, though hopefully all will be good now. Thanks