VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

bought PRO license without hesitation, i used 2.0, and this is a outstanding Voice attack Profile! and great support with a proper manual attached to it.

thank you Hollywood_315

Intel® Core™ i7-6900K Processor (watercooled) - Asus ROG Rampage V Edition 10 (watercooled) motherbord - 8 x 8Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3333Mhz RAM (watercooled) - 2 x ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-11G-GAMING (watercooled)

- Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Logitech G910 Orion Spark - Asus PG348 34'' LCD screen - Razor Tiamat 7.1 - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog Replica USAF A-10C - TrackIR 5 - Pro Flight Cessna Rudder Pedals - VAICOM 2.5 PRO

@ mojo97. After you tick the F10 option in preferences you need to click finish in the keywords editor, I think this then copies the F10 commands to the clipboard, you should get a pop up window telling you what to do but put simply you delete the list of words from the key commands when I say box in voiceattack editor and paste the contents of the clipboard back in, this is supposed to give you the F10 additional commands. What I don't understand is why they weren't just part of the key commands list in the first place and I have still not managed to get any response from the F10 commands in the A10C as per my post 95 and 249. If it works let me know.

@Mojo PM inbound

@Locutos Chatter sounds are processed to settle in at background level (ie discernible but not attracting attention) when DCS master level is set to around 50%.

Some cockpits are noisier than others so you may need to work the various audio levels a bit to get the right balance.

Make sure to check the relative levels in Windows Audio Mixer.

@Frusheen Due to technical reasons Cargo flows are not supported in the initial VAICOM PRO release.

Feature is planned (not committed yet) to be included in a later update.

Hollywood, would it be possible to add an option in preferences to increase the volume beyond "background level" for chatter? This way if you want to have the chatter louder you could select it louder, and if not you can keep it the way it is (low volume).

I really like have the Navy Chatter during practice carrier ops, but the volume is very low, even with the 50% master volume. Thanks.

[sIGPIC] "GOONIE" [/sIGPIC]

"GOONIE"

CSG-1 VFA-25

@Locutos, Mojo For importing F10 menu items first enable the feature and then fly the mission.

The new keywords are added in the database. Press reload if needed to refresh the list.

Then edit the new keywords as required and use the finish step to update the VA profile.

Now when you fly the mission you can use the voice commands.

PM me if more help needed with this.

@cathaltli The low volume is intentional (background level).

Implementing a foreground level feature would not be straightforward but I can put it on the list of things to look into.

For now recommended to tweak the relative audio balance with DCS slider(s) to your preference.

@BlacleyCole There's one here

send me a PM if you need more help.

Grtz

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Sorry to put this here as well as to Hollywoods support contact. I've just purchased VAICOMPRO and keen to get this working.

I’m unable to see any profiles when I run Voiceattack, almost certainly because my DCS is in a different drive to the C: drive and Vaicompro is not initialising.

You suggest ways around it in your manual but they depend on being able to access your “Configuration” menu, which I can’t as it hasn’t installed yet.

Catch 22

Anyway around that??

Thanks in advance.

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

An old pilot is one who remembers when flying was dangerous and sex was safe.

Oops

Should have been running as Administrator.

All OK now.

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

Was impressed with the video so I bought voice attack and Vaicom pro plus the chatter plugin.

So I loaded the dcs world profile and I'm on 2.5 open beta latest. I notice when I press the mic switch, it shows random TX1, TX2, etc. For example pulling the mic switch towards you it should be Tx3 but in the Voice attack window sometimes I see Tx1 or Tx2, sometimes Tx3 when I am pressing the same button?

I checked my throttle and looked at the windows game controller, pulling mic switch toward me shows button 4 which is correct. Vaicom has button 4 assigned to TX3 so I am confused when I activate Tx3 why sometimes it shows TX2 or Tx1?

I notice that none of the commands are recognized in game. I have easy comms off. Not sure what I'm missing.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

AV8 TX1/TX2

Hi, am slightly confused.

In the AV8 sat on the ramp at Nellis and it seems my 'TX1'(VHF AM?) has mapped to 'COM2' in aircraft.

'TX2'(UHF?) has mapped to 'COM1'.

Upshot is I can only get a reply from TWR if I use TX2.

Is this right, it doesn't behave like this in the A10C, I would just use TX1

Thanks

In the AV8 sat on the ramp at Nellis and it seems my 'TX1'(VHF AM?) has mapped to 'COM2' in aircraft.

Thanks

Yea it's TX 1 for the A10 and for most ramp starts. Mine is behaving kind of weird. I'll press TX 1 and in the voice attack window sometimes I'll see tx1 pressed. Press tx1 again and in the window I'll see tx2 press/released. It's like the software gets confused by the different directional presses of the warthog mic switch.

I went into Viacom settings and checked multi to single and then I noticed I was able to request a startup properly. Although this was in the A10c. I'm not sure if the harrier radios are fully implemented yet.

You may need to go into your misison editor and manually assign a frequency to comm 1 uhf and vhf, under the load out section of your jet, the last tab should be the communications tab. You can assign a frequency to comm 1 uhf and comm 1 vhf. I always used the same frequency for both. Then in the cockpit I would roll the radio dial to comm 1 on the left and also comm 1 on the right dial.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Thanks

The Harrier radios are jacked up in the game right now, we are still waiting on RAZBAM to fix/implement them properly.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Sadly still having problems to get VP to work with my Warthog HOTAS and DCS.

The VP log is showing I'm understood but it doesn't seem to get through to DCS as there is no response.

I've added an entry to the profile to make the gear operate and that seems to work fine, it's just all the radio commands that are ignored.

Anyone know of an obvious mistake I might be making??

Sadly still having problems to get VP to work with my Warthog HOTAS and DCS.

The VP log is showing I'm understood but it doesn't seem to get through to DCS as there is no response.

I've added an entry to the profile to make the gear operate and that seems to work fine, it's just all the radio commands that are ignored.

Anyone know of an obvious mistake I might be making??

I'm having the same issue. Some commands are working like request startup. And play time in 15 minutes. But ready to copy, copy, and for example other f10 menu items don't get a response. I'm going to completely uninstall and it today and reinstall everything from scratch. I can never get the jtac or f10 options to work.

Wow, thanks Hollywood for the awesome app!! :thumbup:

This app really rocks in VR!

Really like the Chatter function too!

So, this maybe asking for way too much, but,

would it be possible to add "Chatter" options in;

Such that,

when a FC3 (e.g. Su-25T) modules electrical power becomes/is true, that chatter becomes true? And of course, the inverse?

And,

when a ASM aircraft, has a radio(s) power true, that chatter becomes true?

And of course, inverse also.

Great idea IMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

So I uninstalled and reinstalled fresh voice attack and vaicom pro 2.5. Set up my hotas and settings and it was recognizing most of the words no problem.

I'm flying a mission that has other dialogue options via F10 menu. So I open the viacom settings and set enable f10 options.

I then fly the mission and use normal radio procedures as if I'm not using voice attack. Quit the mission and go back to key word editor in Viacom and reload database.

I press finish and then copy the words list to the key words spoken commands section of the profile.

Words at the bottom now says 446.

So I go back in my misison and my wingman asks for a radio check. I press tx1 and say copy and I hear that voice attack heard me correctly. But no reply from wingman.

Then I contact jtac by saying axeman play time 15 minutes. I hear my player's voice and then jtac responds.

I say 'ready to copy' I hear a small beep from voice attack but no player response and nothing. When I say axeman options it shows me the menu for F10 with 'ready to copy' and 'check out'

'ready to copy' is recognized by voice attack but it doesn't go through to dcs.

When I say axeman check out I hear my player's voice tell axeman that we are end of vul. So this one works.

I can't understand why ready to copy is in my words list under jtac and it's recognized when I say it but I get no response. Same with commands like 'copy' from the f10 menu, not going through and no response.

I still trying to figure out va and Viacom I really want it to work especially flying helos

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Enabled Debug mode and can see my commands are recognized but 'Ready to Copy' does not proceed with Jtac Axeman. Can someone take a look at the logs and see what is going on?

VAICOMPRO.zip

@sze5003 First, the log shows you are using a disabled PTT key: 'PTT Key not in use: check configuration.'

You need to check your TX mapping in the profile and on the PTT config page (e.g. Multi to Single).

Second, there is an imported F10 keyword 'copy' that causes doubles with an existing keyword

(i.e. Copy as reply statement). Resolve this conflict by resetting your database by using the RESET tab.

Note that JTAC flows do not use the F10 menu at all: suggest to do your JTAC training with regular missions that do not rely on the Other menu.

@Engine

The options are stored immediately when you change them.

If on your rig they are not saved somehow you need to carefully inspect your setup i.e. plugin install folder, folders R/W access, UAC settings, account privileges, VA running as admin..

I like the idea of the chatter link to power, of course you could start by assigning your power switch button to the Chatter command in the profile.

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

I've bought a VAICOM Pro licence and i am loving it. However, have yet to buy the Chatter licence and i might be being a little slow, but the reason for that is that i have yet to find anything that tells me exactly what it is.

I could guess that it might be background radio transmissions, to increase the realism, but can not find any confirmation of this fact, with the only mentions of chatter being about how you activate the licence.

i might have missed something, but either way, it would be great if someone could give a brief description of exactly what chatter is.

Thanks

Edit: Never mind, i've just bought it and confirmed it for myself, so no need to bother replying. :)

Edited by Greyman

@sze5003 First, the log shows you are using a disabled PTT key: 'PTT Key not in use: check configuration.'

You need to check your TX mapping in the profile and on the PTT config page (e.g. Multi to Single).

Second, there is an imported F10 keyword 'copy' that causes doubles with an existing keyword

(i.e. Copy as reply statement). Resolve this conflict by resetting your database by using the RESET tab.

Note that JTAC flows do not use the F10 menu at all: suggest to do your JTAC training with regular missions that do not rely on the Other menu.

Thanks for the reply!

I managed to fix the PTT key issue. They were all assigned but I had to edit each Tx command and even though it had my joystick buttons set, I had to click the 3 dots and rebind the keys for each one.

Although I can't figure out where the extra 'Copy' command is coming from. I went to the Config window reset tab and reset everything. I then had to re-enter my vaicom and chatter pack keys.

Noticed when I say copy, the VA log windows shows recognized command copy, copying f10 menus? Why is it saying this? Seems like copy is actually doing a copy command? I guess this is why 'Ready to copy' is not recognized by my JTAC Axeman?

Not sure why this is occurring. Attached screenshot.

VA.thumb.GIF.19f7bb7d7b2aecb4f556a07a9aadd4ad.GIF

@sze5003 You'll need to turn off the Import F10 Menu feature for this mission as it contains an incompatible F10 menu entry.

Disable the checkbox, reset the database once more and then try again.

Yup ok that makes sense. Just tried that and 'ready to copy' now works for my jtac.

Another question..sorry for all the confusion, my first time trying this awesome program.

If the mission has multiple jtacs for example this maple flag tactical qualification misison has three jtacs. Axeman, uzi, and hammer.

I left easy comms off and didn't select single to multi or multi to single options. I change my fm radio to the required frequency, 31. I say Uzi, waiting for command so I say play time 15 min, it's recognized. But the player still calls axeman. The VA log shows Uzi

@Hollywood_315

Since uzi is already a key word under player group callsign, I don't think it recognized it as a jtac option.

If I add a keyword under jtac as uzi2 and then select him, it says unidentified sender using previous jtac.

I added hammer and it recognized hammer on the correct frequency. But it doesn't seem to understand uzi2 on it's correct frequency.

Still fine tuning some things and I think I will be good. Thank you for all the support!

I'm running A10C Helios with Warthog controls. Whenever I push the PTT TX1, TX2, or TX3 the engine gages on the Helios display disappear?? TX4 auto is OK.

I've searched this thread and seems like I'm the only one with the issue. Suggestions please and thanks!

Win 10 64-bit, Intel Core i7-7700k@4.2GHz, MSI 1080Ti , 16 GB, 500GB SSD, LG 34UM95, Acer T232HL, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.