Helicopter Transport: Cargo hovering mid Air after drop off

Phoenixsui

Hi

When a Helicopter drops off his Cargo (Tested concrete blocks and containers), it will not stay on the ground but hover roundabout 100ft over the drop off zone.

This makes it impossible to pick it up again for further Transport. It seems to happen randomly, I set a Helicopter on a continuous Transport Mission and he managed to deliver the cargo properly 1-2 times and after some cycles it happens that the Cargo floats above ground and makes him abort further Transport of said cargo.

In another Test he delivered 3 concrete blocks instead and the first one got stuck inair. He then hit that cargo by delivering the next block, but it didnt hurt him. Usually it would hurt him if he flys into it, i know it since if i choose to short slings it will pendulum and hit the tail of the helo.

Greetings

Mi-26_Transport.thumb.png.a0ede1a739f28a4c4d3e1fee5f7578b2.png

I just want to add, Transporting has general problems. After delivering 4 out of 6 blocks the Helo landed next to the blocks and didnt pick them up or continue the mission.

Mi-26_Transport2.thumb.png.9d048ec2633afa97531140b229adf310.png

If ED might want to play around with Helicopter Tranports in the Editor it will find out that there is a lot of trouble. Also with Infantery Transport. Infantery not entering the Helo sometimes or spinning in circles in front of the Helo or after drop off. I have created Mission where they sometimes do it then the other time 50% the next time not at all with same Missions Files. Nothing changed. I already try to make it as simple for the KI as possible. But its really unreliable.

@flappie here you go

Phoenix_Missions.miz

Start the mission in F10 comms menü. Its only 1 Red Helo that will transport the blocks after he takes off.

Phoenixsui_Return_Lost_Cargo.miz

In this Mission the CH-47 Helo and KA-27 will hover over the cargo he should pick up. Sometimes Infantery doesnt work after drop off or before. Sadly it takes a while until they reach their destination.

My guess is it has to do with uneven terrains. Before picking up things the Helos fly pretty low over it. Infantery problems i cant tell what causes it. I think in the second missions its a 100% chance 1 of the 2 groups wont continue after dropping off and the other group only 50% of men follow the further waypoints.

EDIT: I've tried to change the rope length from 20m to 30m. I've done three runs:

1/

First bridge

3 safely delivered cargos

Second bridge

1 safely delivered cargo

2 floating cargos (Mi-26 didn't interrupted its mission after first floating cargos)

(track is attached)

2/

Almost the same result: this time the last cargo wasn't floating.

3/

The Mi-26 got stuck afer third cargo.

Mi26_OK_rope30m.trk

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

I've tried a 5m rope: Mi-26 got smashed by its own cargo once in the air. :p

I've tried a 10m rope: Mi-26 got indefinitely stuck in a loop over LZ. I think it was blocked by nearby trees.

Then I've tried a 15m rope:

1/ Mi-26 didn't get stuck. Cargos 5 and 6 were floating.

2/ Mi-26 got stuck. Cargos 1, 2 and 5 were floating.

New tryout with only 50% fuel:

1/ Mi-26 didn't get stuck. Cargos 1, 2 ,3 and 5 were floating.

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.