A-10C Flight Performance Request to Fixed with DCS: A-10C II - Page 8 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-16-2020, 07:31 PM   #71
SmirkingGerbil

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
Yes, it's also possible they will make it to the A-10A as well. As well, you might see these changes before the A-10C II is released.

https://media.tenor.com/videos/76165...be65304fb7/mp4

Last edited by SmirkingGerbil; 09-16-2020 at 07:34 PM.
SmirkingGerbil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 06:07 AM   #72
nighthawk2174

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wags View Post
Dear all,

Based on feedback from legitimage SMEs and verifiable data, we have updated the the flight dynamics:

1- Buffet and wingrock no longer set in right at chopped tone. You can now retain nose authority at initial chopped tone. However, if you were to continue to increase AoA while in chopped tone, you eventually get buffet, wingrock, and stall.

2- Available G before chopped tone was increased by 1 G. As such, if you encountered chopped tone at 2 G, it will now manifest at 3 G under the same condition.

Together, we and the SMEs believe the A-10C will fly in a more realistic manner with improved performance.

Kind regards,
Wags

Its taken what 8+ years... man i'm just so happy right now; a big thanks to Wags and Habu for making this fix happen. After all the years of threads to finally, essentially be vindicated and to get a more accurate FM that will be more fun as well. The wait was long but the results should be worth it.
nighthawk2174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 07:47 AM   #73
David OC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk2174 View Post
Its taken what 8+ years... man i'm just so happy right now; a big thanks to Wags and Habu for making this fix happen. After all the years of threads to finally, essentially be vindicated and to get a more accurate FM that will be more fun as well. The wait was long but the results should be worth it.
It's a simulation and can always be better somewhere, ED could work on it for ever. It's still the best simulation of the A10 before (10 years ago) or after these upgrades. It's still now the best overall complete combat simulation aircraft on the sim market to this day without these upgrades (10 years).

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB
| ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides
to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

David OC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 08:36 AM   #74
Yo-Yo
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wags View Post
Dear all,

Based on feedback from legitimage SMEs and verifiable data, we have updated the the flight dynamics:

1- Buffet and wingrock no longer set in right at chopped tone. You can now retain nose authority at initial chopped tone. However, if you were to continue to increase AoA while in chopped tone, you eventually get buffet, wingrock, and stall.

2- Available G before chopped tone was increased by 1 G. As such, if you encountered chopped tone at 2 G, it will now manifest at 3 G under the same condition.

Together, we and the SMEs believe the A-10C will fly in a more realistic manner with improved performance.

Kind regards,
Wags
I have to correct p.2 a bit: G-load (CL vs AoA) and chopped tone (vs AoA) relations were not changed as they were correct, but buffeting at low Mach numbers was shifted to post-stall region. High Mach buffeting starts now exactly with stall. So, now the piloting at near-stall AoA is way more pleasant adding about 0.2-0.3 g in comparison to the most precise piloting before the changes.

The first diagram is a V-g diagram of maximum g turn before changes in buffeting were applied. (V-g diagram is a recorded history of IAS and load factor plotted not versus time, but g is plotted vs V for the same moment).

The moving average shows the average g and, thus, the overall turning ability.

This test requires a lot of efforts to hold the plane at the edge of lift capacity.

The changed buffeting allows to easily keep pre-stall AoA (see the second chart for the same weight and altitude)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Inst turn SL V-g  OLD.png
Views:	62
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	247632   Click image for larger version

Name:	Inst turn SL V-g.png
Views:	56
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	247633  

Last edited by Yo-Yo; 09-17-2020 at 08:46 AM.
Yo-Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 08:47 AM   #75
SmirkingGerbil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yo-Yo View Post
I have to correct p.2 a bit: G-load (CL vs AoA) and chopped tone (vs AoA) relations were not changed as they were correct, but buffeting at low Mach numbers was shifted to post-stall region. High Mach buffeting starts now exactly with stall. So, now the piloting at near-stall AoA is way more pleasant adding about 0.2-0.3 g in comparison to the most precise piloting before the changes.

The first diagram is a V-g diagram of maximum g turn before changes in buffeting were applied. (V-g diagram is a recorded history of IAS and load factor plotted not versus time, but g is plotted vs V in the same moment).

The moving average shows the average g and, thus, the overall turning ability.

This test requires a lot of efforts to hold the plane at the edge of lift capacity.

The changed buffeting allows to easily keep pre-stall AoA (see the second chart for the same weight and altitude)
For a layman such as myself, second graph means far more consistent performance (not necessarily speed) in handling, and less "nursing" the stick while riding just on the edge of a stall and hoping for the best??
Old 09-17-2020, 09:14 AM   #76
Yo-Yo
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmirkingGerbil View Post
For a layman such as myself, second graph means far more consistent performance (not necessarily speed) in handling, and less "nursing" the stick while riding just on the edge of a stall and hoping for the best??
Absolutely right. Although at the second graph the elevator was not shown, the AoA indirectly shows that the stick was almost frozen after a while. The graphs are time histories for the same tests V-g diagrams were shown for.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Inst turn SL time history  OLD.png
Views:	34
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	247634   Click image for larger version

Name:	Inst turn SL time history.png
Views:	33
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	247635  

Last edited by Yo-Yo; 09-17-2020 at 09:17 AM.
Yo-Yo is offline   Reply With Quote