VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

This can solve many issues - i had to do last week so that Windows update would work

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Fuuny you said that the Windows update was the problem for me as well. it just so happened to fix my Vaicom issue as well :)

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

Hey All,

I am having an issue with Vaicom, when I am in game and I can say Options and the menu pops up but when I say "Take x" nothing in DCS Happens..

I have read the troubleshooting and it said to delete the Export.lua which I had done multiple times and restarted Voice Attack. I also tried pointing to the default DCS folder and it still does not want too work.

Now I can do other commands in Vaicome like Request Taxi and such, I just can not issue any "Take" Commands well I can issue them and VA responds but in DCS it does not work..

Well I am pretty sure the lua file is correct because I get the module showing up in the PTT screen and the voice commands are recognised by VA. so I am really unsure why the "Take" commands are not working in DCS..

Going to post a couple screenshots here so you can see the PTT screen and VA Accepting the commands..

OK so I had too reinstall Win 10 and I am now back to square one with Vaicom. I am able to say request taxi to runway but when I say "Take 1" for menu 1 nothing happens ingame. It works in VA just no ingam works.

I seen this in the help guide and followed it, I try and find the change the key press time but when I change it OK is Greyed out so I can no change the keypress timeout:

If a game is polling for input at a specific time, and, VoiceAttack's key press does not coincide with that polling, the game will simply not catch it.  To fix this, you need to increase the amount of time a key is held down before releasing (see, 'Key Press Screen' – 'Hold down for X seconds' option).  A good place to start is 0.10 seconds.  Try increasing and decreasing this number to see what works best. Another common, frustrating issue is that some games or apps will require VoiceAttack to be run in Administrator mode to allow interaction.  To run VoiceAttack in Administrator mode, do the following:   Locate the file called, 'VoiceAttack.exe' (usually in C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack folder).  Right-click on the file and select, 'Properties'.  Go to the, 'Compatibility' tab and then check the, 'Run as Administrator' box.  Click, 'OK' and then run VoiceAttack.  Another (maybe easier) way to run VoiceAttack as an administrator is to go into the Options screen and then open up the System/Advanced tab.  On that tab you’ll see, ‘Run VoiceAttack as an Administrator’.  Check that box and VoiceAttack will attempt to run as an administrator the next time it starts. 

One last thing to check is to make sure VoiceAttack is sending input to the right place.  Verify that your commands are being sent to the proper process, or, to the Active Window (see, 'Voice Attack's Main Screen' – 'Target' option). 

As always, if none of these methods work, please check out the VoiceAttack user forums :) 

So I am here on the forums to get this fixed.. I am not going to try and reinstall an inplace windows upgrade as this is a Fresh install so it should work this time but it does not..

Looking for a fix for these 2 issues.. thnx

Edited by The_Nephilim

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

OK so I had too reinstall Win 10 and I am now back to square one with Vaicom. I am able to say request taxi to runway but when I say "Take 1" for menu 1 nothing happens ingame. It works in VA just no ingam works.

Have you tried putting the AIRIO dll in the right place in the VAICOM folders (if you don't already have it installed)?

I am away from my PC at the moment but will try and look at your VA problem later

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Have you tried putting the AIRIO dll in the right place in the VAICOM folders (if you don't already have it installed)?

I am away from my PC at the moment but will try and look at your VA problem later

Umm I am a dumbass, I forgot that step and I put the dll in there and it seems to be working now thnx . :)

Hi. After some advice. I am new to Viacom and I have the pro version. Having trouble with the attack commands: my wingman is not attacking when I say 1, engage air defence targets. When I check in the Voice Attack panel out of the game, it keeps saying: 'Awaiting further input". Not sure what's going on. If I say "1, join up", no problems. But attack commands are always: "Awaiting further input".

Can someone help?

Thanks.

apoll

Hi. After some advice. I am new to Viacom and I have the pro version. Having trouble with the attack commands: my wingman is not attacking when I say 1, engage air defence targets. When I check in the Voice Attack panel out of the game, it keeps saying: 'Awaiting further input". Not sure what's going on. If I say "1, join up", no problems. But attack commands are always: "Awaiting further input".

Can someone help?

Thanks.

apoll

First of all, your wingman is "2". You are "1".

Secondly, are you sure that "air defense targets" is a recognized phrase? I can't check the VAICOM manual right now. Try "SAM", "AAA (" Triple A")" or" Air Defenses".

Thirdly, leave a small pause between different commands, like "2 (small pause), Engage Air Defenses".

Finally, after you finish talking, hold the PTT button for 0.5-1 seconds more and then let go.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Tks Harker. Yes, got the 2 as wingman. And reading the phrase list, air defence is a phrase. Could also be aaa or sam. It seems to recognise it correctly, but always, says awaiting further input like it is waiting for further information. Not sure what is wrong. But not useful in current state if wingman won't recognise attack phrases.

Tks Harker. Yes, got the 2 as wingman. And reading the phrase list, air defence is a phrase. Could also be aaa or sam. It seems to recognise it correctly, but always, says awaiting further input like it is waiting for further information. Not sure what is wrong. But not useful in current state if wingman won't recognise attack phrases.
Have you tried adding the appendices phrases like with mavericks and in from the south. This would confirm that the phrase is definitely recognised

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Constantly getting

Command canceled: Another command is not allowing others to execute (canceled: Transmit TX6 press).

In VA Window when I press button 6 on my throttle designated tthe AUX Channel

Checked Vaicom PTT button and everything Ok

No mention of anything abnormal in log

AUX does not show in PTT Vaicom Page "Screen" and I only get AUX in there if I use the TX6 AUX Button on the PTT Page

Everything elese seems to be behaving for now

Any ideas or anybody getting the same?

Constantly getting

Command canceled: Another command is not allowing others to execute (canceled: Transmit TX6 press).

In VA Window when I press button 6 on my throttle designated tthe AUX Channel

Checked Vaicom PTT button and everything Ok

No mention of anything abnormal in log

AUX does not show in PTT Vaicom Page "Screen" and I only get AUX in there if I use the TX6 AUX Button on the PTT Page

Everything elese seems to be behaving for now

Any ideas or anybody getting the same?

For the first one. You must check the commands in the VAICOM VoiceAttack profile.

https://forum.voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=1305.0

For the second I don't follow you. Have you configured TX6 in the Voice Attack profile, and it doesn't "light up" when you press it in the control panel?

Cheers!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

MAX Thanks for the reply appreciated.

The "Allow Other Commands to Execute While This One is Running" is checked for all my PTTs and they are all correctly configured for the Execute Pressed & the Execute Released, with the Released button having the Option "Only Execute When Button Released" marked as appropriate.

When I force a "Stop All Running Commands", nothing is indicated as running in the VA dialouge.

For the Second issue Yes you understand it perfectly, that's the problem and the button is confiigured exactly as the other 5 are, which do register in the PTT Window, but the AUX does not. The other thing I notice, when using the virtual button on the Vaicom PTT page the Relay light illuminates. When I use the button on either throttle is doesn't.

I have all my PTTs configured with a button and a keyboard command (seperately of course) operating on 2 different throttles. Using either I get exactly the same behaviour and all other PTT commmands work exactly as they should. So I'm pretty certain it's a Vaicom problem.

I've reset the lua's in Reset, no effect.

Wondering now if I should try a clean reinstall

Ok Narrowing in on this, after some more experimentation I've found that if I run Vaicom stand alone it all works.

I normally have a second profile piggybacked, when I select that I get the problem. Going to investigate and go through the piggybacked profile for possible conflicts and report back

Solved

I was using the same PTT button on the throttle for both the AUX in Vaicom and the piggyback profile. So it was being sent twice and must have been causing a conflict.

Now moved the piggyback profile to an Open mic when using Vaicom and a seperate PTT button should I want to use it standalone

That's stopped the Command canceled: Another command is not allowing others to execute (canceled: Transmit TX6 press) and the Vaicom PTT page now shows AUX in the window when activated

Thanks for helping MAX must appreciated

Edited by Weegie

Solved

I was using the same PTT button on the throttle for both the AUX in Vaicom and the piggyback profile. So it was being sent twice and must have been causing a conflict.

Now moved the piggyback profile to an Open mic when using Vaicom and a seperate PTT button should I want to use it standalone

That's stopped the Command canceled: Another command is not allowing others to execute (canceled: Transmit TX6 press) and the Vaicom PTT page now shows AUX in the window when activated

Thanks for helping MAX must appreciated

Prefect!

Cheers!

Hey everyone,

I tried looking up this issue, but was unable to find anything regarding it. When I assign the ptt in Viacom. Upon release of the ptt I get a thud sound. I've assigned the same key to press and release as required by the program. Can someone please help me with this?

Your Search-Fu is far better than mine!

Hey everyone,

I tried looking up this issue, but was unable to find anything regarding it. When I assign the ptt in Viacom. Upon release of the ptt I get a thud sound. I've assigned the same key to press and release as required by the program. Can someone please help me with this?

That's the default Voice Attack sound for PTT. So go in Voice Attack settings. Not VAICOM nor the VAICOM Voice Attack profile settings. And just remove it.

Cheers!

That's the default Voice Attack sound for PTT. So go in Voice Attack settings. Not VAICOM nor the VAICOM Voice Attack profile settings. And just remove it.

Cheers!

Thank you sir! Worked as expected! :smilewink:

Your Search-Fu is far better than mine!

In order to install and use VAICOM PRO, do I need to reset my keybindings back to default?
No - you just need to remove any radio mappings

Thanks, how does it communicates with DCS without keybinds?
It is integrated in the background - you need to assign PTT keys in Vaicom (see the manual for how to do this) and it then uses the DCS API to pass commands

It is integrated in the background - you need to assign PTT keys in Vaicom (see the manual for how to do this) and it then uses the DCS API to pass commands

Is there any documentation on this DCS API on how to communicate with DCS without keystrokes?

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

Is there any documentation on this DCS API on how to communicate with DCS without keystrokes?
Probably, as this SRS, TacView etc. do this. VAICOM uses the network comms to do this. And is why you can run VAICOM on another computer.

ED probably has this info somewhere.

Cheers!