new to DCS

bluknght

Hi there folks, bluknght here just started getting into this. No hotas yet so using mouse keyboard atm.:(. Quick q regarding this. When flying the 25T in training I can use the mouse to free look around in the cockpit. However when trying to do this with the F18C module I won't let me do this. I looked at the control binding and they are the same as the 25T. Any suggestions?

Welcome to DCS and the forum bluknght.

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

"Hi there Guys"

This is my first post on the site !

First question for you guy's.

I have a system with a i3 7100 CPU - Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1060 Windforce OC GPU and Ram Corsair Veng LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB)DDR 4 @ 2400MHZ

just wondering if it would be worth while trying to use this system for DCS , just to learn the ropes, like aircraft controls,DCS settings,and other basic stuff.

How do you think this system would cope ,would it be usable for this type of basic stuff, as stated above ?

Looking to purchase a more substantial system a bit further down the track. Thank You!

you could try you get the free SU-25 and TF-51D (P-51 with no guns) do expect to crank up the graphic setting and get hi frames. the biggest problem you will have is the RAM DCS rely likes to have 32GB in your PC but i will run on 16GB you may have issues if there a lot of spawned in the map