VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Anyone know why the number of commands in the profile screen would now be saying there are only 76 commands? There was around 500 before. I cant search for a lot of commands to see the voice command and key binds for the missing ones now. I also have Baileys F18 profile imported to it and there was almost 900 commands then. Those still work but I have to switch to that profile to see any of them now and make edits where I was able to see them all in the Vaicom profile after I imported them.

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

Anyone know why the number of commands in the profile screen would now be saying there are only 76 commands? There was around 500 before. I cant search for a lot of commands to see the voice command and key binds for the missing ones now. I also have Baileys F18 profile imported to it and there was almost 900 commands then. Those still work but I have to switch to that profile to see any of them now and make edits where I was able to see them all in the Vaicom profile after I imported them.
The best way to put the profiles together is not to import the commands into VAICOM, but to daisy-chain the profiles together.

To do this, you need to open the Vaicom profile in VoiceAttack (use the pencil button) and then click options. On the screen that appears link the other profiles using ,Include commands from other profiles'. This way the commands can all be used but the lists are not merged. I think what has happened is that you have overwritten some of the commands.

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

The best way to put the profiles together is not to import the commands into VAICOM, but to daisy-chain the profiles together.

To do this, you need to open the Vaicom profile in VoiceAttack (use the pencil button) and then click options. On the screen that appears link the other profiles using ,Include commands from other profiles'. This way the commands can all be used but the lists are not merged. I think what has happened is that you have overwritten some of the commands.

Sorry I should have been clear. That is the way I did it actually. I just checked it. I linked the profile in that options menu as you stated. Still only 76 commands show, but all the Baileys commands work fine.

Edited by BMGZ06

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

Sorry I should have been clear. That is the way I did it actually. I just checked it. I linked the profile in that options menu as you stated. Still only 76 commands show, but all the Baileys commands work fine.
Ok - is the 76 commands number in the VAICOM VA list or on the Editor tab of the VAICOM config page?

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

When I'm inbound to the carrier (SC), and I call in "Inbound to Carrier" or "Inbound" I'm instructed to "Go to alternate." If I use the menu threads, it works fine. Am I doing something incorrect?

Also, can't get "Salute" to work. I appreciate the help.

Same problem here.

Test scenario:

F/A-18C

Mission: Supercarrier recovery CASE III. Caucasus

Right in the very beginning, when calling "Inbound" I get "Go to alternate" as response.

I'm with easy comms off and tuned at the correct frequency (127.500). However, selecting "Inbound" from the DCS menu works properly without changing any parameter. Tryed also "Inbound for carrier", "Marking moms" and the command "Select" and I get the same answer: "Go to alternate"

Spanish Ala12rv Pilot 

Nevada TTR // Persian Gulf // Syria // South Atlantic

T.35C Tamiz // C-101 Mirlo // F-5E Tiger // FA-18C Hornet // Mirage F1 // EF2K!!! // F-14B Tomcat // F-16C Viper

MSI.Z690 // i9-12900F 5.1GHz // RTX3090 24GB // DDR5 5600Mhz 64GB

QuestPro // Hotas.Warthog // MFG.Crosswind // WW.Panels // TK.ICP // MFD.Cougar // Jetseat

Same problem here.

Test scenario:

F/A-18C

Right in the very beginning, when calling "Inbound" I get "Go to alternate" as response.

I'm with easy comms off and tuned at the correct frequency (127.500). However, selecting "Inbound" from the DCS menu works properly without changing any parameter. Tryed also "Inbound for carrier", "Marking moms" and the command "Select" and I get the same answer: "Go to alternate"

Which unit shows as recipient for the call in the VA log window?

Same problem here.

Test scenario:

F/A-18C

I had the same issue. You need to say "Carrier Name, then Inbound" or vice versa. You can also do it with marking moms call. Speak really clearly or turn on VSPX mode per instruction manual. It helps you to be able to speak faster but you have to update the AI COMMUNICATIONS commands as prompted when you click the VSPX option in Vaicom preferences then go to editors tab and click finish and follow what the popup dialog tells you to do. It will copy all the commands to windows clipboard for you. The manual tells you how to update the commands in the vaicom profile.

look under "VA profile has very long list of separate commands" section of this link:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4311067&postcount=5

Edited by BMGZ06

Thanks all for the generous comments on the Supercarrier / Realistic ATC release! Very much appreciated :thumbup:

We'll be looking into some tweaks going forward.

Kind reminder that we have a subforum now: for overall readability and helpfulness for other users please always check first if your topic is discussed in a sub-thread and discuss it there.

If it is not listed (remember also this forum has a useful search function), launch a new subthread.

Of course always check the FAQ Section first.

Cheers

Hollywood

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

commands not recognized

I am trying to get AIRIO to start but when I say yester VA thinks I am saying "just are" Even when I slow down it thinks I am saying that. I don't see anything either showing the AIRIO plugin initialized like VAICOM pro shows and chatter. How do I get this to work. There is no speech training for the tomcat so it isn't recognizing certain words. I want to try this out but having no luck.

I am trying to get AIRIO to start but when I say yester VA thinks I am saying "just are" Even when I slow down it thinks I am saying that. I don't see anything either showing the AIRIO plugin initialized like VAICOM pro shows and chatter. How do I get this to work. There is no speech training for the tomcat so it isn't recognizing certain words. I want to try this out but having no luck.

You can train windows speech recognition manually to recognize specific words or phrases.

Open up the speech recognition bar, right click and open the dictionary. Follow the prompts and tell it you want to record new pronunciation and voila. I had to do this for a few of the more non-standard phrases.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Vaicom Pro Stopped responding

As of the patch of Open_Beta on 26 May 2019 Vaicom Pro has stopped working

It loads, interacts with DCS, ie disables voices/ menus etc. but won't issue any commands to DCS.

I've tried repairing DCS,

Disabling/ Enabling add on's

It's running in administrator mode

It was working prior to the patch.

I've deleted the export file

Voice attack still works

I've disabled Garmin NS340 <--- USELESS program anyway in VR

Is this a known issue or is there something I'm missing?

As of the patch of Open_Beta on 26 May 2019 Vaicom Pro has stopped working

It loads, interacts with DCS, ie disables voices/ menus etc. but won't issue any commands to DCS.

I've tried repairing DCS,

Disabling/ Enabling add on's

It's running in administrator mode

It was working prior to the patch.

I've deleted the export file

Voice attack still works

I've disabled Garmin NS340 <--- USELESS program anyway in VR

Is this a known issue or is there something I'm missing?

To try and make it easier to keep track of the issue and the response I have created a separate thread for this (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4354519#post4354519)

ALL

To help us provide better support and to make it easier for other users to find whether their issues / questions have already been asked and (hopefully) answered, please could you create separate threads in the VAICOM sub-forum rather than adding to this very long thread:thumbup:

Is VAICOM working with the last update? It doesn't work for me. It recognises the command but it doesn't send it to DCS.

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

ALL

To help us provide better support and to make it easier for other users to find whether their issues / questions have already been asked and (hopefully) answered, please could you create separate threads in the VAICOM sub-forum rather than adding to this very long threadthumbup.gif

Could you close the thread then and just have Hollywood open it when he needs to post updates?

No - we don't have the power to close and Hollywood wanted it left open - we are trying to encourage a move away from it though

VAICOM transmit

I read the manual about setting the voice press and disabled the same for each of the transmit but for some reason some when I press in the toggle it presses and releases at the same exact time. I have toggles set up for 2-6. 2-5 seem to work fine but 6 is acting up. I have an X-55 rhino so I have the 3 bottom goggles binded. Up TX1 down TX2 etc. Also a separate question. Why does the VAICOM config sometimes just say easy comm on or off? I noticed if it doesn’t show the aircraft then it won’t respond. I tried a default mission and it didn’t work but after I restarted DCS and did just a basic instant action it worked. This happens in the 18 and 14. Am I missing a step that’s causing these issues.

remember to delete export.lua and restart Voiceattack.

That did the trick, thanks buddy.

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

I hadn't used Vaicom (or DCS) in a while, have been going through the manual again, and see that the pan sliders, a feature I very much enjoyed, are now disabled because of 2.5.6.

The manual says to set this up ingame now, but as a vr user needing all audio to come through the headset, am I right in thinking it's not possible to have the different radios on differing sides, or can this still somehow be done?

Win10 Pro | i7-9700K @5.0GHz | 2080 Super @2160MHz | 32GB DDR4 3600 | DCS on 1TB M.2 NVME | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswinds V2 | HP Reverb | Huion 640P | Jetpad FSE | PointCTRL

Same for me please, any help, all modules working inside Beta DCS except yak-52, ptt no recognized the aircraft. i have tried all suggestions here and reinstalled everything, but same result.

I have installed stable version and it works ok with yak-52 but not in beta

@Hollywood_315 what do you suggest?

Recognizes all my modules except Yak-52, Christen Eagle, and FW-190A8 (Dora is fine though)...

What could it be? Registry is ok, I've done the custom path/OB checkbox thing, deleted export.lua in saved games..

That did the trick, thanks buddy.

don't do that, will crash DCS

RYZEN 7 1800X 3.5ghz / 32 DDR4 RAM Crucial / Nvidia 2070 RTX EVGA / Samsung SSD 500 GB / Acer XB270H G-Sync / Trackir 5 / Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog / Oculus CV1