VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

I don't know as it is not an issue I have experienced (I only run 1 monitor) but sounds possible.

1. Are you running VA as administrator?

2. Have you moved the config window to the other monitor before it happens?

3. Does a second VA window appear in the Windows Taskbar (I get one when the config window is visible)?

I know a few others in this thread have seen the same issue - might be worth contacting Hollywood directly, either by sending him a private message here or send an e-mail to support@vaicompro.com explaining the issue

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Just installed VAICOM. Worked great, except I'm getting a weird issue where sometimes the VAICOM config window will be invisible. Pressing Ctrl-Alt-C executes the config window command, and Voiceattack creates another window where the config panel should be but it's invisible.

I am able to fix by deleting the CONFIG folder in the VAICOM folder and restarting Voiceattack. After doing this the config window appears as normal.

Any ideas why this may be happening? Deleting the CONFIG folder is an ok work-around but having to reconfigure VIACOM is a bit of a pain.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Note - I am running a dual monitor setup (not sure if that has anything to do with it).

Yes. It's Windows window behavior.

I guess it has to do with your second screen.

I assume you can select it, (as in click on the VAICOM control panel), on the Taskbar, and it "appears" there below the Voice Attack window.

So, when you have clicked on. Press Lalt-space together, and a menu will appear, use arrow keys to select "move" and press enter. Use arrow keys again and move it a little, then it gets hooked to the mouse cursor and you can drag it. You could use mouse as well, but IMHO the behavior is a little different and you might not "catch it".

This trick should work for all "disappeared" windows outside your screen.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

I am new to dcs and just learning...i purchased voiceattack,viacompro,airio and chatter. I have yet to get this stuff working. I looked at the videos and one is 2yrs old the other is 1yr old...it didnt have anything about the airio in it or installing it. I couldnt find any info on this. I really bought it for the f14 airio addon but i think i got everything installed correct as from what i can understand. I get into a cold and dark f14 and say"chief turn on ground power" nothing happens. For this i try the auto mic as well as the other radios but nothing.

Im kinda of confused as to setting up the joystick mic buttons.i set it up like the manual with my warthog throttle mic hat.i just wish there was a hand holding video for us new players to understand all this.

Got a bit of an issue with Jester and VAICOM AIRIO.

He seems to recognize all commands just fine, except...when doing Assisted or Unassisted Startup he doesn't recognize the Loud and Clear command (the ICS check message pops up in the upper right) nor does he recognize the Check command (AIRIO Checkpoint message pops in the upper right). VAICOM seems to recognize the command fine, it's just nothing happens.

In order to move on to the next step I have to keep repeating "Assisted Startup".

This is on a fresh VAICOM, chatter and AIRIO.

Windows 11 | ASUS B650E-F STRIX | AMD 7800X3D | G.Skill 64Gb DDR5 6200 30-36-36-48 w/ tuned secondary/tertiary | RTX 4090 undervolted curve | MSI MPG A1000G PSU | VKB MCG Gunfighter Ultimate + Rudder Pedals + WH Throttle |  HP Reverb G2

Got a bit of an issue with Jester and VAICOM AIRIO.

He seems to recognize all commands just fine, except...when doing Assisted or Unassisted Startup he doesn't recognize the Loud and Clear command (the ICS check message pops up in the upper right) nor does he recognize the Check command (AIRIO Checkpoint message pops in the upper right). VAICOM seems to recognize the command fine, it's just nothing happens.

In order to move on to the next step I have to keep repeating "Assisted Startup".

This is on a fresh VAICOM, chatter and AIRIO.

It's been reported. A fix will come, as stated in a few posts back.

I am new to dcs and just learning...i purchased voiceattack,viacompro,airio and chatter. I have yet to get this stuff working. I looked at the videos and one is 2yrs old the other is 1yr old...it didnt have anything about the airio in it or installing it. I couldnt find any info on this. I really bought it for the f14 airio addon but i think i got everything installed correct as from what i can understand. I get into a cold and dark f14 and say"chief turn on ground power" nothing happens. For this i try the auto mic as well as the other radios but nothing.

Im kinda of confused as to setting up the joystick mic buttons.i set it up like the manual with my warthog throttle mic hat.i just wish there was a hand holding video for us new players to understand all this.

Okay. I'm pretty sure the manual says how to Install everything. Have you read it? It's actually a very good one, but can be a little intimidating at first. Was for me. But let's check a few things.

You've got standalone or Steam Voice Attack?

Have you successfully installed the VAICOM plugin? VAICOM is an addon for Voice Attack, it's not affiliated with Voice Attack at all. Just so you know.

Can you bring up the VAICOM control panel? That's proof for VAICOM is installed and working. And chatter should start off enabled as well.

Let's start there.

Yes sir...i have read the manual..not one of them guys,lol.

I have the viacom box leftctrl,left alt. And c...i can hear the clicks and beeps when i hit a mic key. I have chatter set to automatically come on but i dont hear anything in the dcs. I have standalone voice attack and have dcs beta standalone. I made sure to direct the custom path for my lua as video explained.

I did just notice that voice attack isnt getting alot of words im saying...so i presume viacom isnt as well...is there a way to help this?

Ive never used voiceattack or viacom before...this is all new to me. I do understand viacom alot more than voice attack because of reading viacoms manual a cpl times over and watching 2 videos by hollywood i believe?

But im missing something somewhere... I have a logitech pro x headset so i think they would be ok? I plan to use all this for vr with my rift s headset after i get it figured out. Any ideas would be great..thanks

To add to what MAXsenna has asked above, have you also tried using the PPT and commands in VoiceAttack without DCS running? The log window should tell you that the command has been recognised.

As a small thought, the correct phrase to use is Chief....ground power on. The phrases take some getting used to and you might also need to train Windows to recognise your voice reliably.

I have left the recognition beeps turned on so that I get some feedback that the command has been recognised.

We will definitely get you up and running on this and it is really worth the effortthumbup.gif. Which timezone are you in and do you have Discord - if so, I am happy to sort a Discord session and talk you through it

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

It's been reported. A fix will come, as stated in a few posts back.

Sigh, my search skills are apparently lacking.

Thank you for the swift reply. :thumbup:

Windows 11 | ASUS B650E-F STRIX | AMD 7800X3D | G.Skill 64Gb DDR5 6200 30-36-36-48 w/ tuned secondary/tertiary | RTX 4090 undervolted curve | MSI MPG A1000G PSU | VKB MCG Gunfighter Ultimate + Rudder Pedals + WH Throttle |  HP Reverb G2

Yes sir...i have read the manual..not one of them guys,lol.

I have the viacom box leftctrl,left alt. And c...i can hear the clicks and beeps when i hit a mic key. I have chatter set to automatically come on but i dont hear anything in the dcs. I have standalone voice attack and have dcs beta standalone. I made sure to direct the custom path for my lua as video explained.

I did just notice that voice attack isnt getting alot of words im saying...so i presume viacom isnt as well...is there a way to help this?

Ive never used voiceattack or viacom before...this is all new to me. I do understand viacom alot more than voice attack because of reading viacoms manual a cpl times over and watching 2 videos by hollywood i believe?

But im missing something somewhere... I have a logitech pro x headset so i think they would be ok? I plan to use all this for vr with my rift s headset after i get it figured out. Any ideas would be great..thanks

Sounds like you need to do the voice recognition training (pages 38 and 39 of the manual) - try this and see how you get on - I have had to add some of the words to the Windows dictionary to get it to recognise my English accent. It can be quite a time consuming process, but it is definitely worth the effort. I notice from your signature that you are in NJ - I am UK based so not too many hours ahead

Also, make sure you are using the phrases exactly as in the manual and that you are slowing down your talking and leaving the pauses. Even now, I still just use VoiceAttack every now and then to practice phrases I know don't have a high hit rate with me - the feedback you can get in the window is really useful for working out which words it doesn't like

Edited by hornblower793
Added info

Sigh, my search skills are apparently lacking.

Thank you for the swift reply. :thumbup:

Don't worry - this is a very long thread and this happens a lot

Ty hornblower for your help as well...

I realized that voice attack has the window that shows what your saying...apparently it only reoconizes a few words im saying..lol

I guess i need to look into how to train it. Also i know im jumping ahead..lol...but is it possible to change the phrases? Like instead of chief ground power on...maybe chief, give me power?

The reason i ask is i was intrigued by how it could make the sim more realistic...some of the phrases seem to be too "computer" like to me. Is there voice training for viacom aswell as voice attack or just voice attack? Thanks again for the help..i will chime back when i get that sorted out.

I dont have dicord thing but appriciate that you are willing to help!

Is there voice training for viacom aswell as voice attack or just voice attack?

Yes there is - pages 38 and 39 of the Vaicom manual tell you how. It is well worth spending the time doing this as explained - it really boosted my recognition rates

Also i know im jumping ahead..lol...but is it possible to change the phrases? Like instead of chief ground power on...maybe chief, give me power?

Once trained, you should be able to change the order of the words round so Chief...turn on the ground power should work. You can also edit the phrases if you wish to - page 35 of the manual covers this

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

You can add aliases for any of the commands, so there are no real limits.

I might just add an alias or two to the engage command. "kick the c**p out of", "Rip a new one for", "make friends with", "destroy", "exterminate" being perhaps less-than-creative possibilities. :)

You can add aliases for any of the commands, so there are no real limits.

Greyman, thanks for adding this - it is getting late and my brain is fading in lockdown

@Dave73

I can see that Hornblower and Greyman's got you going.

As they said, you can make aliases. I cannot get "ground" recognized no matter what. "Connect external power" did the trick for me.

You can train Microsoft Speech as many times you want. It saves every "training session", and will get better and better, if you take the time and put in the effert even if it's boring.

If you want to add plain Voice Attack commands, like "gear up" "flaps down". You can! The way I do it is to make a new Voice Attack profile and "add it" to VAICOM. You can even use another profile someone already made. Like Bailey's.

If you search the user download section, Sydy has made kneeboards for the VAICOM commands, and the Scratchpad somebody made (for Voice Attack) is pretty cool too.

Have fun!

All 4 entrys set to "Rift Audio" (NOT the Oculus Virtual Audio Device, that's been introduced recently).

Couldn't find your original post about your chatter/redirect issue.

I was messing around Windows to find out how to make the sound output "doubled" on two different devices today. As I had some other issues.

Long shot but you haven't turned on "Stereo Mix" by chance, and that's messing things up for you?

Updated OB last night. DCS started fine but got the popping menus. Exited DCS and closed DCS. Deleted export.lua(s).

Started VA, started DCS

Popping menus gone.

Mats, I've tried this solution 5 or 6 times with no joy. Any other ideas? Can't get rid of the popping menus.

How about voiceattack, anything to reconfigure?

Thanks.

Shouldn't be since it t is Vaicom that talks to DCS

Mats, I've tried this solution 5 or 6 times with no joy. Any other ideas? Can't get rid of the popping menus.
Try setting the custom path in the Vaicom Configuration panel and then check the OB box next to it if you are running Open Beta. The custom path should point to the root folder of the game, not to your saved games

You may need to redo this after each DCS update (takes about 30 seconds)

I'm surprised to see this advice given so often since it seems totally unnecessary on my system. I suspect that those who need it do not have the correct registry keys set up for DCS and the issue may be related to how you installed DCS Open Beta. For example, on my system I have these registry keys for OB:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta]

"Path"="D:\\Program Files\\Eagle Dynamics\\DCS World OpenBeta"

"Version"="2.5"

"Language"="EN"

You might check to see if you have something similar and whether the path is correct. I imagine that these could have been corrupted or not installed properly if the installation folder has been moved or if you installed OpenBeta by converting another installation rather than doing a full fresh install from the website, which is what I did.

I imagine there could also be an issue if you installed OpenBeta from one user ID and are now running VAICOM from another user ID, since these keys are tied to "current user" and are not system wide. Perhaps that could occur if you are running VA as administrator, for example. I have found that I do not need to run it as administrator, provided I set folder permissions to give my regular user ID full control permissions on the folder ...\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOMPRO

I'm speculating of course since I don't experience the problem that others have reported that seems related to vAIcomPro not finding the OB installation.

Try setting the custom path in the Vaicom Configuration panel and then check the OB box next to it if you are running Open Beta. The custom path should point to the root folder of the game, not to your saved games

You may need to redo this after each DCS update (takes about 30 seconds)

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals