VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Thanks! I liked what I read in the manual and purchased!

If you use vr, this module is a must have. I sometimes forget that my wingman the tower and stencils are Ai.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | 64GB DDR4-3200 Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind rudder pedals | HP Reverb

Hi, I've started to get the radio menu popping up all the time!! Literally every few seconds. DCS is up to date so is my Vaicom and VA, easy comms is off. Disable Menus are off also

Any ideas? Thanks

Edited by mr_mojo97

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

i'd start up the windows usb game controller window and select the controller that has your PTT buttons on it. select the properties for that device and it should show status lights for each of its buttons. make sure that one of the PTT buttons isn't activating without you pressing it.

if you use a keyboard key, then just start up notepad and check that you aren't getting a repeated press of that key.

the reason i'm suggesting this is that i had once hung my headset over my G13 and then couldn't figure out why i was getting repeated button presses.

i got there eventually :)

Cheers, no luck though. It's a very consistent 4 or 5 seconds when nothing is pressed - for instance (on all modules I have) straight and level, autopilot on and hands (and feet) off everything. The Menu just keeps popping up. Annoyingly enough that I keep looking up and right when I see the flash of it!!

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Just another thought, that might be as successful as the last, is the appearance of the menu accompanied by a corresponding entry in the VoiceAttack log, that indicates speech recognition is enabled/disabled?

Edited by Greyman

Sorry Hollywood, didn't realise there was a new update. Fixed. Cheers

No worries - automatic from now on :)

Nice. Will we still have to manually Finalise the database or is that automatic as well? Cheers

Only when new keywords are added: in that case you'll be prompted to do the FINISH steps.

Grtz

Please Hollywood_315 can you make a quick guide here for that Final steps. I know it's on the manual but I never be sure if I did it well :joystick: (non english speaker here)

Gracias! :thumbup:

@warrene Thanks for flagging. Fixed, will be in next update.

@Fercyful My spanish is not great unfortunately, sorry! :cry:

Not sure how I can improve on the manual there, but normally it's all pretty straightforward.

Only two things to be mindful of:

a) Commands need to be collapsed in VA:

multipart_orig.png

b) The ' when I say' field can look empty, but that can be ignored: content is actually there.

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Edited by Svsmokey
Update

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Great video! that helped a ton. However after deleting the old and pasting the new I hit finish and close out of the edit profile window. Then after I restart VA I get the same message that the "keywords database was updated: apply FINISH steps to update the VA profile.

I've tried the update steps multiple times, yet each time VA restarts I see this message in the startup text box.

Am I doing something wrong?

Can you please display the 'full' version number of VAICOM when it loads in Voice Attack???

Mine says I have version 2.5 installed.

Your website says you have version 2.5.5 available.

I know I can go dig for it in a tab in the Settings window after pressing the hot keys. But why? Is the minor version number not available when you post that message?

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download