Spitfire - Glass and Reflection Mod

2h6845d.jpg

This mod tones down the intensity of the colour of the armoured glass and also replaces the default canopy sunlight reflections with a more subtle and higher resolution alternative. I have also toned down the intensity of the baked reflections in the glass, until this gets an official fix.

More screenshots here of the original idea, since updated to provide a less saturated green colour.

1. Download the attached zip file.

2. Unpack it to your JSGME or OvGME _MODS folder and activate.

OR

Alternatively, copy the Cockpit_Spitfire_LFMkIX_Textures folder to :\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\SpitfireLFMkIX\Cockpit\Textures

SpitfireLFMkIX Glass and Reflections_v2.zip

Edited by toby23

Ryzen 5800X, 32GB RAM, RTX 3060

Hi toby!

I love that you've cleaned up most of the glare issues, but with my configuration in VR the armored glass is still too dark. I'm still getting this:

attachment.php?attachmentid=190635&stc=1&d=1532453367

Could you give me a tip, how I could edit your mod to not be any darker that this?:

attachment.php?attachmentid=189992&stc=1&d=1531662894

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

• 1 month later...

Hi Toby, thanks for this mod.

It's been a must have for me, but unfortunately it has stopped working. The file location is still correct, but the files will only be recognised if they're inside the archive.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Hi Toby, thanks for this mod.

It's been a must have for me, but unfortunately it has stopped working. The file location is still correct, but the files will only be recognised if they're inside the archive.

Not so, at least in the latest BETA version.

I included the files in the Cockpit Texture ZIP archive and ended up with corrupted/pixilated graphics in the cockpit.

Didn't try the Stable version but that should be the same.

EDIT: Found an error in the full texture zip package, corrected and all is well. Mod works when mod files are added to the full texture zip for the cockpit.

Edited by jjohnson241

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3rd Mar Div

RVN '66-'67