NEXT LEVEL MOTION PLATFORM V3

help please

Me again... I have got the flight kit for the v3 motion now but can't see where the T bar fits to it? Could one of you skilled chaps explain where it attaches to the unit maybe a photo as I'm starting to think it will only fit if I have the next level seat which I don't have?

Thanks again for any help in advance ????

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again.

Sorry for late reply.

Unfortunately, I'm not using my T-bar as intended. One of them can be centermounted I think and the other is for side mount. I think...

Go to the website and check the information there, I think I found some kind of manual.

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

I have a v3 and once I loaded the new 2.75 software update last week, the motion stopped working for DCS. IT still works in XPlane 11, so I know it's not my motion platform. Has anyone else run into this issue. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to fix this?

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick update if anyone with a V3 NLR Motion platform ran into the same issue I did. I contacted NLR (Next Level Racing) support and they worked with me to analyze the files. The were very helpful and found the issue in their software, updated it to correct the situation, and got me back up and running. I have been very impressed with NLR Support. They are very responsive and effective in supporting the V3. DCS is awesome with Motion. Highly recommend the V3 for who ever might be considering the plunge.

How does the motor notching feel? Some people are saying that they can definitely feel the discrete steps, and others aren't saying anything at all, so it's hard to get a clear picture of what it actually feels like.

Also, does it add a lot to the sim? I have the JetSeat and to be honest, I forget to turn them on most of the time (they don't really add much for me). Someone mentioned that the they preferred their JetSeat over the NLR V3, and I was wondering if anyone else mirrored that sentiment.

Just a quick update if anyone with a V3 NLR Motion platform ran into the same issue I did. I contacted NLR (Next Level Racing) support and they worked with me to analyze the files. The were very helpful and found the issue in their software, updated it to correct the situation, and got me back up and running. I have been very impressed with NLR Support. They are very responsive and effective in supporting the V3. DCS is awesome with Motion. Highly recommend the V3 for who ever might be considering the plunge.

I potentially have the same issue - would you mind letting me know more of the details regarding what the problem was and what was done to fix it?

I've not had my V3 for very long and have only had v2.75 of the platform manager. The V3 is fine and motion runs great on the other games I use it for (Project Cars 2 & Assetto Corsa), but it just doesn't want to do its thing for DCS 2.5 OB.

Unfortunately I can't verify wether it is a Platform Manager v2.75 vs 2.73 issue as there's no way to download the previous version. But I thought I'd ask you about it as the problem sounds pretty much identical.

I downloaded and reinstalled the PM from the NLR site incase they'd already updated the build but the issue remains. I've checked the DCS export script and it appears to be pointing to the right place.

I'm a bit of a NLR V3 noob so thought I'd ask...

Cheers.

9700k@5.2Ghz | GTX 1080ti | 32gb Ram@3200Mhz | 512gb M.2 NVME SSD

Oculus Rift S | VKB GF Pro Mk.II+MCG Pro (rotary wing) | BRD DS-Raven (fixed wing) | MFG Crosswind V2 | Jetseat+SSA/SSM | SimLab GT1 80/20 Rig | NLR Motion Platform V3 | Quad Bass Shaker Setup

DIY Control Panels: 'White Rhino' Throttle | UFC | MFBB Left | MFBB Right | MFBB Centre | WEP-TECH ACP | HYD-MECH LDG | SYS-ELEC | AN/ARC Radio

How many degrees of freedom? 2dof or 3 Dof? What is the total area that it needs to operate ie what side box hxwxl?

I’m thinking of getting a 3dof platform that will allow the following setups:

1)current setup is rear half of speedmaster flight seat plus Pro Flight Trainer Puma with a laptop stand {helicopter setup}

2) full speedmaster Flight with vkb Myk lv pedals, tm warthog hotas with to extensions for the stick that allows floor mounting{fighter setup}

3) full speedmaster flight seat with saitek yoke , throttle and pedals {ga/comm setup}

4) full speedmaster flight seat with madcatz racing setup {driving setup}

Change may require modifications to both the speedmaster flight seat - removal of the pedal base and removable of the chair and other horizontal brace to allow it to fit inside the speedmaster frame.

Then it would require swapping out of controls between setups but his will allow tm wh throttle on lt rear platform and saitek throttle quadrant on rear rt platform

It elevates the seat something I need done because of egress and ingress

Stabilize everything so it doesn’t move like it does now.

If it works out I should beable to mount the laptop on the center keyboard platform. Once pc is built I’ll run all cables from the rear instead of the front that I now do.

Edited by BlacleyCole

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

• 2 months later...

Check MotionPlatforms site for specs:

https://motionsystems.eu/product/motion-platforms/hs-203/

How big area you need kinda depends on what seat you put on it. You can also limit the amount of % of degrees the motors are allowed to used.

Another question. My platform has been out for a couple of months due to a motor overheating, havent gotten my thumbs outta my arse to contact support.

However, I wanted to give try it out and see how it worked. But I am having troubles again.

Anyone have trouble in the last release of either DCS or MotionPlatform?

Im having the old problem of not taking info or moving when in DCS. I can move it from software ect. And I've tried all dirrent kinds of lua stuff but it wont move.

Any tips?

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

Well yes, I am pretty sure I saw someone mount a different seat on it. Just make custom holes and fasteners for whatever chair you have to fit in the rig.

Again: Not to spam but again, any Motion system/NextLevel owners have it working currently?

Again: Not to spam but again, any Motion system/NextLevel owners have it working currently?

I had a similar issue...

It was fixed in the most recent update to the V3 platform manager/firmware. V1.77 I believe.

Prior to that, I noticed that the V3 would not respond or receive telemetry from the sim. Initially I thought it was a global for DCS. I later discovered it was only whenever flying aircraft that were set as ‘client’ in the ME, be it MP or SP. The platform would only work with a ‘player’ slot.

This was my issue, with similar symptom to what you describe. YMMV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9700k@5.2Ghz | GTX 1080ti | 32gb Ram@3200Mhz | 512gb M.2 NVME SSD

Oculus Rift S | VKB GF Pro Mk.II+MCG Pro (rotary wing) | BRD DS-Raven (fixed wing) | MFG Crosswind V2 | Jetseat+SSA/SSM | SimLab GT1 80/20 Rig | NLR Motion Platform V3 | Quad Bass Shaker Setup

DIY Control Panels: 'White Rhino' Throttle | UFC | MFBB Left | MFBB Right | MFBB Centre | WEP-TECH ACP | HYD-MECH LDG | SYS-ELEC | AN/ARC Radio

Hey.

Thanks for the trying to help.

When I had this problem before it seemed to be annoyed with the order in export.lua. So switching around there would work. But no nothing works.

Dont think its the client setting thats doing it.

Firmware 85.17 and PlatformManager is 2.77.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, noticed this tread and have a related question.

My NLR V3 is working great with DCS world and Automobilista, but I just cannot get it to work with DCS A-10C. When I set up the profile, it either hangs when going to the DCS exe file, or generates an error message when going to the Launcher.exe file

Can you guys advise on what I should be doing in the setup?

Thanks

Les

Edited by lesthegrngo

• 3 months later...

I've been using the NLR platform with various sims, including DCS. Since the platform is a company asset, and not something I own personally, I was testing with DCS and the the SU-25, since I could install without using my personal copy of DCS. Anyway, by the default, the seat simply tilts to reflect the pitch and bank angle, which is far from generating realistic motion cues. Has anyone created a NLR profile that provides motion queues for throttle changes, slips and skids, longitudinal accelerations, but generally ignores the attitude of the plane? It seems that this would be far more realistic. I know the interface allows customization of the platform mapping of simulation data to the limited DOFs of the seat. Just wondering what others have tried.

• 2 weeks later...

HELP PLEASE!

No idea what's going on, but have lost motion in DCS to the NL v3. Im getting the following message in "Action Centre":

Log file:

C:/Users/Eivind's VR-rig/Saved Games/DCS.openbeta/Logs\dcs.log

Errors:

2019-01-23 07:28:32.080 ALERT EDCORE: Can't execute Lua file C:\Users\Eivind's VR-rig\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\Export.lua - can't open 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Next Level Racing/Platform Manager/DCS/MotionSystems_Export_Wrapper.lua'

I have checked out the links - the folder structure and files exist. I then moved them out of their directories - run Action Centre again and the Platform Manager re-generated the files in the same place. Still doesn't work, and I get the same error message when re-running "Action Centre" within Platform Manager. Any help hugely appreciated!

Thanks - Eivind

• 2 weeks later...

update - problem is sorted. Turned out that using interchangeable software from NextLevel and Motion Systems is not a good thing. NextLevels tech-support (that is second to none BTW;-)) set me straight, and DCS is all singing and dancing in motion again!

• 2 weeks later...

Advice on motion seat clearance and cheapest package

Hello all. I have the Next level racing Gt ultimate rig with wheel stand and flight pack, Oculus rift. I'm really interested in getting a motion simulator but worried as the room where I have my computer is tiny, I I've got my rig fitted in there with VR working but trying to find out how much clearance you need each side of the chair for it to work.

What is the cheapest way next level motion V3 platform or a kit from sin lab.

Hope I have not repeated a link and I appreciate you sharing your knowledge.

Kind regards

Dale

• 3 weeks later...
update - problem is sorted. Turned out that using interchangeable software from NextLevel and Motion Systems is not a good thing. NextLevels tech-support (that is second to none BTW;-)) set me straight, and DCS is all singing and dancing in motion again!

Hey I have the same problem and not sure what you did to solve it? I downloaded Nextlevels software instead of MotionSystems but still get the same message? Can you offer any help on how you solved it?

Edited by SpeedStick

Hello all. I have the Next level racing Gt ultimate rig with wheel stand and flight pack, Oculus rift. I'm really interested in getting a motion simulator but worried as the room where I have my computer is tiny, I I've got my rig fitted in there with VR working but trying to find out how much clearance you need each side of the chair for it to work.

What is the cheapest way next level motion V3 platform or a kit from sin lab.

Hope I have not repeated a link and I appreciate you sharing your knowledge.

Kind regards

Dale

Hi Dale,

The V3 platform doesn’t move much at all, pretty sure it doesn’t move outside of the frame space of the ultimate rig.

Also, some other questions:

What is your path that seem to work in the luas?

Do you have a motionprofile you care to share? Anyone with Gforce instead of bank?

• 6 months later...

Hey.

Long time no see. Hope this doesnt count as a necro but thought this was the place to ask again.

Just got my platform back after having it sent back to Next Level Racing, a sensor was faulty. Great support. However sending it back cost me a fair share since its very heavy.

Anyway, nice to see propper support for the platform now.

However now my platform wont work on any server at all, only singelplayer. Has something changed?

Edited by SpeedStick

I have a NLRV3 on the way and am looking for ideas on how to center mount my joystick and side mount my throttle to my seat. Any ideas or photos someone could share?

thanks

Gigabyte Z390 mobo, i9-9900K, 32gb ram, GTX 2080 ti, Evo 970 nvme 1tb, 2 DSD button box OSW panels, Oculus Rift CV1, Odyssey Plus, Valve Index, Rift S, HP Reverb, 2 SimRacingStudio wind sim fans, MFG Crosswind pedals, Warthog hotas w 50mm extension, Simlab GT1 EVOcockpit, Gametrix Jet Seat, SFX-100 3DOF motion, 8 transducers, 2 Cougar MFD's

DCS World, Simshaker for Aviators, sound module

Modules: P51, F/18, All Rotor craft, F14, F16, FC3

Super Carrier

I have a NLRV3 on the way and am looking for ideas on how to center mount my joystick and side mount my throttle to my seat. Any ideas or photos someone could share?

thanks

Oh my friend. This was also a head scratcher for me. Are you getting the NLR seat as well? Or something different?

I’ve centermounted Logitech G940 (and side), BRD-Ds (pre-Virpil), and now a VBK tested both with and without extension (actually like it without more I think). All on NLRV3, and all with the extension flight packs. So I have some experience. I am not using the different parts as intended but I think my solutions are better. I can snap a few picks when I’m back home.

Thanks for your reply.

I plan on using my RS6 seat that is currently on my GT Omega cockpit.

Please snap a few pics, as I am sure I can get some good ideas from you.

Regards

Gigabyte Z390 mobo, i9-9900K, 32gb ram, GTX 2080 ti, Evo 970 nvme 1tb, 2 DSD button box OSW panels, Oculus Rift CV1, Odyssey Plus, Valve Index, Rift S, HP Reverb, 2 SimRacingStudio wind sim fans, MFG Crosswind pedals, Warthog hotas w 50mm extension, Simlab GT1 EVOcockpit, Gametrix Jet Seat, SFX-100 3DOF motion, 8 transducers, 2 Cougar MFD's

DCS World, Simshaker for Aviators, sound module

Modules: P51, F/18, All Rotor craft, F14, F16, FC3

Super Carrier