AV-8B COPY PROTECTION CHANGE

Wags

AV-8B COPY PROTECTION CHANGE  

441 members have voted

1. 1. AV-8B COPY PROTECTION CHANGE

• 1 Calendar Day
    • 3 Calendar Days ( Current System Under Evaluation )
    • 7 Calendar Days
    • 14 Calendar Days
    • 21 Calendar Days
    • 30 Calendar Days ( Once a Month )
    • 60 Calendar Days
    • 90 Calendar Days

First, it wasnt Matt's letter, it was from the management team at Eagle Dynamics. Second, the new DRM system is a WIP, they want to see how it works, and if there will be issues with things like the 4 day limit. Understand even Steam does this, although I believe their limit is 2 weeks. So as ED gets feedback, things may change.

So does Matt and the management team not communicate enough ?

You would think they each would know exactly what is going on with the other

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe an idea.

Beeing able to login with a mobile phone into the ED main web page would count as a customer validation.

Everyone has a mobile this days.

You will be able to do so. Set up your phone as a wi-fi hotspot.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Yep, best would be a detailed post that explaines why the repeated online verification protects better against cracked/pirated versions. Because if i have to choose between something as intrusive as Denuvo or such (that is suspected of being performance hungry) and the new style i pick the latter. But, i'd like to understand how it technically is supposed to do so to get on board.

I just thought of a good system as well. Remove the 3 or whatever day verification requirement and limit it to

1.) login into multiplayer (where you need contact the multiplayer master server anyway, and in case you do some direct IP connect with a friend bypassing the official lobby you obviously have internet thus the verification should work just fine) and

2.) when updating the game which necessitates being online anyway. And at the rate ED is shipping updates this would encourage people to verify like every two weeks anyway. I think that would be a compromise most people could get onboard with in a heartbeat.

Thats beyond my knowledge....XDDDDD

Yep - that's why I have a 14 year old daughter. She's my tech-support-Goblin :D

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If this 'every 3 days you must confirm' rumor is true it's a REALLY poor idea.

When I moved house I was without internet for 2 weeks. Under the new system that would render the game completely useless if all the modules were under that system.

Once a month would be a better idea or even better still; not at all!

• Like 1

Intel i5-8600k | EVGA RTX 3070 | Windows 10 | 32GB RAM @3600 MHz | 500 GB Samsung 850 SSD

Indeed, why is not relevant, there can be numerous reasons. How about not being able to pay for internet anymore because of losing the job or whatever reason. You can´t even sell the modules you can´t play anymore then as you could with a game on a CD.

Or what about if ED goes out of business one day for whatever reason ? I´d sure like to play at least the last version I had in SP then.

And really guys, you can´t just change the rules after we bought the module. That´s what upsets me even more then the change itself (which I don´t like at all).

• ED Team
If this 'every 3 days you must confirm' rumor is true it's a REALLY poor idea.

When I moved house I was without internet for 2 weeks. Under the new system that would render the game completely useless if all the modules were under that system.

Once a month would be a better idea or even better still; not at all!

As much of a pain it is to move and get ISPs transferred and hooked up, ED cant open themselves to piracy because you moved once.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• ED Team
I for one, I have never been on a multiplayer server with DCS

You dont need to pull your internet connection to play single player. Has nothing to do with whether or not you play MP.

Edited by NineLine

64Sig.png

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I for one, I have never been on a multiplayer server with DCS

Fact is, if you are here posting on an internet forum then you are squared away insofar as the new system is concerned.

Internet = check.

And that would only be every three or so days.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good Afternoon,

I have to say I object to this new system. My career has frequently taken me to places with no connectivity what so ever for periods of over a month. Jungles of undeveloped countries, oil rigs, and ships. And yes they do have internet on some ships and oil rigs but there is a strict business only policy because of the extreme price per byte. And as crazy as I might be I drag my laptop with me. I spent 150 USD on the data to download Fallout4 in the Solomon Islands for the months I would spend at sea. I also recently spent two months without an internet connection due to a hurricane. Yes in that case I could pack up my machine and take it to some place with internet, I could live with that once every two weeks, but not every 3 days.

I don't mind star force at all. I doubt I will use 10 different machines over the course of my DCS flying and if I do I can deactivate. I know my situation may be unique, and luckily for now I get to stay near civilization. Sooner or later though I'll end up on a rotation that puts me back in the wilds though and I'd be very disappointed if I didn't have access to something I paid with the understanding that I would. I'd feel differently if I had purchased modules with the understanding that I wouldn't be able to use them after a prolonged period without internet.

Thank you for your time, I would appreciate an acknowledgement my "special case" will be considered.

Edited by Jester986

Good Afternoon,

I have to say I object to this new system. My career has frequently taken me to places with no connectivity what so ever for period of over a month. Jungles of undeveloped countries, oil rigs, and ships. And yes they do have internet on some ships and oil rigs there is a strict business only policy because of the extreme price per byte. And as crazy as I might be I drag my laptop with me. I spent 150 USD on the data to download Fallout4 in the Solomon Islands for the months I would spend at sea. I also recently spent two months without an internet connection due to a hurricane. Yes I could pack up my machine and take it to some place with internet, I could live with that once every two weeks, but not every 3 days.

I don't mind star force at all. I doubt I will use 10 different machines over the course of my DCS flying and if I do I can deactivate. I know my situation may be unique, and luckily for now I get to stay near civilization. Sooner or later though I'll end up on a rotation that puts me back in the wilds though and I'd be very disappointed if I didn't have access to something I paid with the understanding that I would.

Thank you for your time, I would appreciate an acknowledgement my "special case" will be considered.

It's important to note that you do not need internet per se for activation. All you need is a phone line (mobile wi-fi hotspot) for a quick activation call.

Do you not have access to a cellular telephone at all either on said trips?

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As much of a pain it is to move and get ISPs transferred and hooked up, ED cant open themselves to piracy because you moved once.

Is this an admission that the current starforce system is not working ?

Is this an admission that the current starforce system is not working ?

ROFL that's an impressive leap :D

If one system is working very well and another system comes along that would work even better, guess what the majority of us will do?

Yep, quite correct. Move onto the better one.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The new system as many have pointed out will not work better for them

It will work better for ED as it will save them money (no more paying starforce) and increase their profits

From looking at how this new system operates , it is more of a kill switch type deal (anyone watch the punisher ?)

Don't connect to the internet every 4 days and the legally paid for software that honest customers have is rendered useless

You dont need to pull your internet connection to play single player. Has nothing to do with whether or not you play MP.

I don't have to pull my internet when I'm away from my house here I just don't have it at my other house, hang I don't even have broadcast TV/cable TV/satellite TV at my other house. At the moment I don't need an internet connection to play when I am away from here, but if the modules are disabled after 4 days without being able to log on then that is a big problem and it is a change of the terms on which I bought the module(s).

It's why I got a refund on Elite: Dangerous as they changed the terms and required an always on connection.

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

It's important to note that you do not need internet per se for activation. All you need is a phone line (mobile wi-fi hotspot) for a quick activation call.

Do you not have access to a cellular telephone at all either on said trips?

No, my only access to the outside world is a sat phone that does not do mobile hot spot or plug in.

if all modules where only able to be activated via net, via module manager, then if a person pirated a module then it would show up as pirated when the new owner tried to activate it? correct? then there would not be a need to have a short time limit? Could it be maybe a month or two then. toll free phone # for phone activation? just thinking out loud.

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fact is, if you are here posting on an internet forum then you are squared away insofar as the new system is concerned.

Internet = check.

And that would only be every three or so days.

READ my posts properly, I have internet here at this house, I DO NOT HAVE INTERNET AT MY OTHER HOUSE IN A DIFFRENT COUNTRY FROM HERE.

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

• ED Team
The new system as many have pointed out will not work better for them

No, a lot of people CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET RIGHT NOW have pointed out special scenarios that would interrupt there play for a day or so. ED ask acknowledged the issues with 3 days, but there are benefits as well, for ED and us.

64Sig.png