Moltar's Mod Pack

thanks M0ltar , i've noted that the .zip file now contains more folders instead of a single folder for OVGME ready as in your previous release.

How are we supposed to activate it now? just unzip all folders under OVGME _mod folder and activate all of them?

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

thanks M0ltar , i've noted that the .zip file now contains more folders instead of a single folder for OVGME ready as in your previous release.

How are we supposed to activate it now? just unzip all folders under OVGME _mod folder and activate all of them?

Yep. That is how it is supposed to be. There should be 5 or 6 folders now. Each folder is for a different part of the mod. You can activate as many or as few as you want. I broke the mod up to give people the opportunity to easily activate and deactivate parts and things that they may or may not want.

Installation is still the same. Just extract the zip to your _mods directory and have at it.

Let me know if you need any help.

Installed v13 last night, everything sounded great for the short bit of time I was able to spend taking the Harrier up. Thanks, dude!

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

The reaper very well could have a jet sound. There are a lot of shared sounds in DCS. I'll see if I can find what sound it's using!

As for IC? I was on beta earlier today and had no issues. When IC fails does it lists file when you click the red shield? If it does, can you provide it to me?

Passes IC on both versions for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Mod has been updated. Ive added Caitlin14's P51 Sound Mod Beta and Hubson's F-15 Audio Pack.

Ive tweaked the F-15 sounds so they are much louder and coincide with the rest of my pack. For a lake of better words, these new sounds sound f***ing awesome!

Here is a taste of what is in store. I have made a few small tweaks since the video, lowered the F-15 nozzle actuator volume, but it still sounds nuts! Credit to Hubson for his awesome work.

• 2 weeks later...

HI Moltar, just a suggestion: since the 1.5.8. sounds have been improved by ED, it would be good to have your updated sound mod by keeping original Ed's sound for su27/33/f15 etc etc as now they are quite awesome!!

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

HI Moltar, just a suggestion: since the 1.5.8. sounds have been improved by ED, it would be good to have your updated sound mod by keeping original Ed's sound for su27/33/f15 etc etc as now they are quite awesome!!

For in the cockpit or externally?

If you guys have any sounds that you think need to be changed or if you have a sound file or video that you love the sound of something in, please do not hesitate to share. I am always open to taking the opinions of those that are using this pack and I am constantly changing it to make it better.

HI, it's me again, forgot to say thanks for the mod pack, really awesome!

Btw, I've just downloaded TacView and it seems to not be working, heard mods can mess up with it, does anyone using this pack have TacView installed and running correctly?

HI, it's me again, forgot to say thanks for the mod pack, really awesome!

Btw, I've just downloaded TacView and it seems to not be working, heard mods can mess up with it, does anyone using this pack have TacView installed and running correctly?

Nvm, just got told that it's an issue with DCS 1.5.8 and 1.6.4 version of TacView, using 1.7.0 beta works fine

All good. Glad you got it working!

For in the cockpit or externally?

external only:thumbup:

Will try it out tomorrow. Cheers

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

• 1 month later...

Morning Dagger,

yes Moltars Mod package works flawlessly in 2.5 - I am using it.

Devrims Mods for Gazelle works for me as well (using Deferred shading on) with very minor issues in texturing/lighting in overhead. But no showstopper.

And of course it does not stop DCS from loading if that is your case.

You selected the cockpit in game settings after applying the mod with JSGME (or similiar?)

Gazelle Devrim Gray Cockpit Mod

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/de/files/2020785/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

Moltar,

I tried latest V14 with the Huey and have two findings:

1: there seems to be a loop tone in the engine sound in the background, no idea where it came from

2. Minigun is - to my opinion way to low in sound (helmet on/off does not affect that; M60 is fine. Is there any way to adjust the sound volume of the minigun? 00:45 or 05:10

Would be awsome.

And thanks again for the compilation - using it every time with pleasure

Cheers Willy

Otherwise you´d not hear your doorgunners fire.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

Moltar,

I tried latest V14 with the Huey and have two findings:

1: there seems to be a loop tone in the engine sound in the background, no idea where it came from

2. Minigun is - to my opinion way to low in sound (helmet on/off does not affect that; M60 is fine. Is there any way to adjust the sound volume of the minigun? 00:45 or 05:10

Would be awsome.

And thanks again for the compilation - using it every time with pleasure

Cheers Willy

Otherwise you´d not hear your doorgunners fire.

The sound mod that is being used is Skullz. All the sounds in DCS use loops. If you can find which sound in the files you are hearing that is causing the loop Id be happy to see what I can do to fix it.

As for the minigun sounds, look in this file location.

DCS World\DCS World OpenBeta\Sounds\Effects\Weapons

and find the sounds that you want to increase the volume of.

Then navigate to this file location.

DCS World\DCS World OpenBeta\sdef\Effects\Weapons

and find the same file name. Open the file in notepad and find the gain line. Increase the numeric value that gain is equal to and then load up DCS and test. Repeat the process of increasing the gain until the sound is satisfactory.

Ill be happy to change the sounds in the next release and/or help you with the change yourself further. Just let me know.

Thanks Moltar for the quick reply.

The "loop" will be haard to determine I guess, it´s just a minor glitch.

The minigun sound was easy to fix with your useful tips.

Highly appreciated.

Willy