Some trouble about mission 3

manan12341

Magic called me to monitor the TU-22 in the 2 miles and established a hard lock .Then I did this, locking the TU22 with stt mode in the 2miles.Then Magic called me to hold the fire,I did, But nothing was triggerd at that time.And the TU-22 went straightly toward the Tibilis after Georgia's warning,then the SA11 of Georgia launched the missle to the tu-22. At this time, Magic said that I launched the missle, and the mission is failed.

I flew four times, and the result is the same as above.How can I get through it, thank you

Hi manan. Did you shoot down all four Su-24s?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3242538&postcount=7

I thought I had corrected the late failure over this issue but I could have borked something.

If you did not violate the ROE by destroying all 4 Su-24s, please provide a .trk or TacView if possible so I can see what's going on.

Thanks!

Edited by feefifofum

Hi manan. Did you shoot down all four Su-24s?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3242538&postcount=7

I thought I had corrected the late failure over this issue but I could have borked something.

If you did not violate the ROE by destroying all 4 Su-24s, please provide a .trk or TacView if possible so I can see what's going on.

Thanks!

no, I just shoot down the first two SU-24s as MAGIC told me to do

Okay, this is a strange one. It seems the Fencers are crashing consistently when they try to land. In all of your Tacviews, I see them collide or get stuck flying in circles around each other until they crash.

Let me run this myself, and see if I can reproduce it. I'll also look into adding some kind of check once they enter the airfield perimeter to disable the ROE violation trigger.

I can say this is either an entirely new occurence or a freak coincidence that it's happened to you several times in a row. If you're using time acceleration, try flying without it and trying again. In the meantime I'm off to the ME...

Edited by feefifofum

Okay, I've made some edits to the ROE triggers that should prevent this particular weirdness from occuring. Going to give the .miz a test run and then I will submit it to ED for inclusion in the next patch.

In the meantime, if you'd like to skip this mission, you can find instructions HERE. Sorry for the trouble!

EDIT: Looks like it was actually a despawn condition falsely tripping the ROE. A flag should have prevented that, but I've changed the .miz to solve the issue. I've successfully tested all success and failure conditions and submitted an updated version of the .miz that will prevent an ROE violation in the event the AI crashes.

The long winded explanation:

Previously the ROE violation was based on an ON SHOT trigger, so in the event of the failure conditions being met, the violation would essentially stack up until the SAM fired, if the player wasn't responsible. I've rewritten the ROE violations to look for specific player fired missiles in the AO, or damage to particular units at when certain other conditions haven't been met. (i.e. Su-24s dead prior to the player being given permission to engage)

The Fencers should now simply despawn when they reach the vicinity of their home base and the ROE violation based on their being killed after the hold fire order is given will be cancelled.

Edited by feefifofum

Okay, I've made some edits to the ROE triggers that should prevent this particular weirdness from occuring. Going to give the .miz a test run and then I will submit it to ED for inclusion in the next patch.

In the meantime, if you'd like to skip this mission, you can find instructions HERE. Sorry for the trouble! If it's any comfort, you're in the minority. :lol:

EDIT: Looks like it was actually a despawn condition falsely tripping the ROE. A flag should have prevented that, but I've changed the .miz to solve the issue. I've successfully tested all success and failure conditions and submitted an updated version of the .miz that will prevent an ROE violation in the event the AI crashes.

The long winded explanation:

Previously the ROE violation was based on an ON SHOT trigger, so in the event of the failure conditions being met, the violation would essentially stack up until the SAM fired, if the player wasn't responsible. I've rewritten the ROE violations to look for specific player fired missiles in the AO, or damage to particular units at when certain other conditions haven't been met. (i.e. Su-24s dead prior to the player being given permission to engage)

The Fencers should now simply despawn when they reach the vicinity of their home base and the ROE violation based on their being killed after the hold fire order is given will be cancelled.

haha,thank you friend very much for your patient explanation:)

I did use the time acceleration, which is maybe the reason. I'm from China,and my friends around me all like this campaign .haha,it's so amazing that it make me feel as if I was participating a real military action,providing a good war field atmosphere.

Nice work,friend! And I want to know the next plot in the mission 3 after the TU-22 appearing, what happend then?

The mission is pretty much complete after the Tu-22 is shot down. You'll be ordered to return to return to your anchor point and wait for a second flight of F-15s to relieve you. There's some chatter about the shootdown and the state of the war in general, but if the virtual logbook in the main menu doesn't matter to you you're perfectly fine to skip ahead to mission 4. :)

Thanks for your kind words, very happy to hear you are enjoying the campaign!

• 2 weeks later...

I had a similar issue some days ago, and as I read here that in the next update it will be fixed I haven't play the campaign again. I have read your explanation about how to skip this mission through the mission editor, but I would like to get the +1 campaign in the logbook :)

I have just read a random thread saying that you can modify this file to alter your stats. It seems you can also edit your progress in the campaigns. I've tried and it seems to work, when I launch the Georgian War it shows me the 4th mission.

This is the thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=106193

It seems the structure is simple, there is a log of all the missions you play, and the last entry which has only two properties is the one that tells what is your current mission.

In the original file, I had:

[8] =

{

["datetime"] = "Sun Oct 29 10:06:41 2017",

["agKills"] = 0,

["aaKills"] = 2,

["result"] = 50,

["deathsCount"] = 0,

["stage"] = 3,

["mission"] = "F15C TGW M03.miz",

}, -- end of [8]

[9] =

{

["stage"] = 3,

}, -- end of [9]

And I modified it to this, adding a fake new entry in which I "completed" the mission 3:

[9] =

{

["datetime"] = "Sun Oct 30 10:06:41 2017",

["agKills"] = 0,

["aaKills"] = 2,

["result"] = 150,

["deathsCount"] = 0,

["stage"] = 3,

}, -- end of [9]

[10] =

{

["stage"] = 4,

["mission"] = "F15C TGW M04.miz",

}, -- end of [10]

Doing that, can I progress in the campaign and will it count in my logbook when I manage to complete it? ^^

Hi warpz. Yes and no...the campaign was updated, but it seems there was some issue with the Starforce encoding and now nothing works at all...no triggers activate during any mission.

We are in contact with ED trying to get this resolved ASAP. I will post here and in all similar threads when the problem is corrected!