Bright and Visible MiG-29 RWR Texture

One of my greatest hardships with using the MiG-29 was not being able to tell signal strength on the RWR due to the really dim lights. I'm sure if you've played you may have run into this issue, where there's a missile launch and due to the dimness you have no idea of the distance. Changed the textures so they're brighter and also more 'full'.

Mod is JSGME Ready, just extract and add to JSGME.

Download link, it's 30MB - MiG29_RWR.rar

Before:

XQSwkVE.png

After:

Eks79qe.png

One of my greatest hardships with using the MiG-29 was not being able to tell signal strength on the RWR due to the really dim lights. I'm sure if you've played you may have run into this issue, where there's a missile launch and due to the dimness you have no idea of the distance. Changed the textures so they're brighter and also more 'full'.

Mod is JSGME Ready, just extract and add to JSGME.

Download link, it's 30MB - MiG29_RWR.rar

Before:

XQSwkVE.png

After:

Eks79qe.png

More so when you have cockpit lights on.

Is Mig-29-13_cockpit_Texture-1 the only file in the zip folder that has been tweaked or did you do the rest as well?

The changed files are Mig-29-13_cockpit_Texture-1.dds and Mig-29-13_cockpit_Texture-1_SP.dds.

The SP file seems to control the actual brightness.

You can change the non-SP one, instead of quarter circles that I put there, and make them dots around the RWR, and it'll light up as dots instead, it'll probably even be more visible this way, or change the color even. Very easy to do with Gimp. I left it orange to try and keep it as close to RL as possible.

• 2 years later...

I have no credit for this, all credits to DNice but he seems inactive in the forum so I have ported the MOD to a “Saved Games” folder installation.

Download the file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cCIxmVN-UpSCCkl4iZzVdLPq61eFGZ54

Unzip the file “DNice Brighter MiG-29 RWR_2.5.2.zip” somewhere (for instance your Download folder). Copy the «Liveries» folder to «..\Saved Games\DCS\” so the Liveries will continue there.

Should look like this: «..\Saved Games\DCS\Liveries\Cockpit_MiG-29S\Brighter RWR\”

You should now be able to select the “Brighter RWR” cockpit in the “Special” settings.

Enjoy :)

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry, I uploaded the wrong file, please download again.

Download the file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cCIxmVN-UpSCCkl4iZzVdLPq61eFGZ54

Mate thanks for adapt it for Saved Games! works perfect the RWR! but the mirrors are in black

EDITED:fixed the black mirror with another mod, only need to comment the line below in the description.lua

-- {"Mig-29_cockpit_Mirrors", 0, "mig-29_cockpit-sh", false};

Edited by JunMcKill

Mate thanks for adapt it for Saved Games! works perfect the RWR! but the mirrors are in black

EDITED:fixed the black mirror with another mod, only need to comment the line below in the description.lua

Perfect! :thumbup:

I have edited the mod with your solution so anyone with the Mirror problem can download again to get the Mirrors back. Thanks.

Edited by HiJack

• 3 months later...

Do you have the last updated file? the link is locked

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok here you are, unpack the file using Extract here under:

drive:\users\<username>\Saved Games\DCS or DCS Openbeta\Liveries

After that, you should have:

drive:\users\<username>\Saved Games\DCS or DCS Openbeta\Liveries\Cockpit_MIG-29A

drive:\users\<username>\Saved Games\DCS or DCS Openbeta\Liveries\Cockpit_MIG-29S

And as Hijack stated in his post above:

"You should now be able to select the “Brighter RWR” cockpit in the “Special” settings." inside the DCS config

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ar3LeO3LwZH1ukeVVUv53x1VfQcm