What sort of campaign can we expect?

CheckGear

Has there been any word regarding the campaign(s) that'll be included with this map?

I'm guessing conflict with Iran is a strong possibility, given the geography? It'd also be relevant, given our real-world tensions with Tehran, which appear to be on an escalatory trajectory as of late.

My bet is that the map will not come with any campaigns. The campaigns will be either included with the F-18 or, more likely, individual payware.

In either case, the campaigns will, likely, not be available until the map makes it to beta status, if not release status.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Has there been any word regarding the campaign(s) that'll be included with this map?

I'm guessing conflict with Iran is a strong possibility, given the geography? It'd also be relevant, given our real-world tensions with Tehran, which appear to be on an escalatory trajectory as of late.

I don't believe there has been any official word yet. But my guess is Iranian conflict campaigns will probably come along once the F-14 by heatblur is finished as that would provide a realistic opposition force. For now I hope to see some mock Gulf War & OIF style campaigns, that's how I'm planning to utilize SoH.

Intel i7-4790K 4GHz l 32 GB DDR3 l MSI 1080ti l Gigabyte 97ZX l TrackIR + DelanClip l TM Warthog HOTAS l CH Pedals

AV-8B l AJS-37 l A-10A l A-10C l F-15C l F-16C l F-5E l F-14A/B l F-86F l F/A-18C l Hawk l M2000 l MiG 29 l NTTR l Persian Gulf l Su-27 l Su-33 l Su-25 l Supercarrier l L-39 l UH-1 l

I doubt there will be a campaign connected to the map, as these are usually specific for a given module.

Having said that - I for one for sure will build a DLC campaign in SoH once available - a grand finale of two campaigns which are in development now for NTTR.

The background would be an all-out conflict between Iran and UAE, with the latter calling western allies for help after Iranians overrun part of their territory. Set in 2012 or 2013 after the Iranian nuclear negotiations didn't go as they did in real life...

I have a whole idea of the war, sides etc more or less ready and as I mentioned I am working on two campaigns in Nevada that are a preparation for the upcoming conflict in Strait of Hormuz:

Iron Flag campaign for A-10C, where player is going through a familiarisation training for A-10C (being a former A-10A pilot), with the imminent deployment in SoH few months after it is completed

and

Red Flag campaign for M-2000C, where French Mirages come to the exercises to play the role of UAE airplanes cooperating with the coalition. The Red Flag has been constructed to prepare US and allied pilots for the conflict in SoH.

The initial campaign in SoH would be for A-10C, but if people find the background interesting, I could easily create more from the point of view of different pilots - M-2000C, F-18 or Harrier.

Well, that's in plans, but still quite far off, but thought I'd keep you guys posted.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 2 weeks later...

:D

Just make sure there are plenty of F-16 from UAE, Oman, Bahrain.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

• 4 weeks later...
I doubt there will be a campaign connected to the map, as these are usually specific for a given module.

Having said that - I for one for sure will build a DLC campaign in SoH once available - a grand finale of two campaigns which are in development now for NTTR.

The background would be an all-out conflict between Iran and UAE, with the latter calling western allies for help after Iranians overrun part of their territory. Set in 2012 or 2013 after the Iranian nuclear negotiations didn't go as they did in real life...

I have a whole idea of the war, sides etc more or less ready and as I mentioned I am working on two campaigns in Nevada that are a preparation for the upcoming conflict in Strait of Hormuz:

Iron Flag campaign for A-10C, where player is going through a familiarisation training for A-10C (being a former A-10A pilot), with the imminent deployment in SoH few months after it is completed

and

Red Flag campaign for M-2000C, where French Mirages come to the exercises to play the role of UAE airplanes cooperating with the coalition. The Red Flag has been constructed to prepare US and allied pilots for the conflict in SoH.

The initial campaign in SoH would be for A-10C, but if people find the background interesting, I could easily create more from the point of view of different pilots - M-2000C, F-18 or Harrier.

Well, that's in plans, but still quite far off, but thought I'd keep you guys posted.

Interesting ideas.

I think the Trump administration's hard-line stance towards Iran provides plenty of room for campaign back-story generating. If the U.S. and Iran do go to war, I think it'd be a limited war.

It'd probably begin with Trump declaring Iran to be in non-compliance with the nuclear deal. Eventually, this would escalate into row regarding other issues in the Middle East/Persian Gulf - the Arab-Israeli conflict, the Syrian Civil War, the Iraqi Civil War, etc. As the hostility escalates, it increases the risk of accidents and miscalculations, eventually resulting in a series of clashes that nearly lead to full-scale war.

if they don't move your dad from the prison to the airfield in his flight suit you'll destroy a set of strategic targets starting w/ the largest oil refinery..

:music_whistling:

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

if they don't move your dad from the prison to the airfield in his flight suit you'll destroy a set of strategic targets starting w/ the largest oil refinery..

:music_whistling:

SkateZilla, I don't know what the heck you're drinkin' but I want some!!! ;)

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

I think the Trump administration's hard-line stance towards Iran provides plenty of room for campaign back-story generating. If the U.S. and Iran do go to war, I think it'd be a limited war.

What does the current administration have to do with a made up campaign?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

SkateZilla, I don't know what the heck you're drinkin' but I want some!!! ;)

Ted Masters just rolled over in his grave.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

so you need to replace that odd tape with a smartphone ^^

Fractal Define R6 | Maximus XI Hero | i7-9700K@5.1GHz | GTX 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | SSD M.2 1TB | VG248QE | TM Hotas Warthog | TrackIR4

DCS F-5E | MiG-21 | A-10C | FC3 | NTTR | F/A-18C

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The campaign will be set in 2012 :)

If so, here's some source material for you:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011%E2%80%9312_Strait_of_Hormuz_dispute

I hope we have a number of campaigns associated with the Strait of Hormuz map. Maybe each set at different "inflection" points. For example, we can have a hypothetical U.S. retaliation for the Khobar Towers bombing in 1996, the 2011 - '12 Strait of Hormuz dispute, and a campaign taking place in the future.

Edited by CheckGear

The Tomcat was retired in 2006. It wouldn't appear in the 2012 - '13 timeframe.

Iran still operates it, and I think that's what was meant in the post you've quoted.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00ED using Tapatalk

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

The Tomcat was retired in 2006. It wouldn't appear in the 2012 - '13 timeframe.

Iran Still Operates a number of Tomcats in Various States. (Fully Functional, Decoy, Barely Functional, etc).

Mid 90's Hormuz, You'll Have Charlie Bugs and Bravo Cat's all up in there.

Iran still operates it, and I think that's what was meant in the post you've quoted.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00ED using Tapatalk

No, he quoted a specific timeframe posted by baltic_dragon.

Mid 90's Hormuz, You'll Have Charlie Bugs and Bravo Cat's all up in there.

Again, he was referring to the 2012 - '13 timeframe mentioned by baltic_dragon. He said nothing of the '90s. I mentioned the '90s.

90s is also an option later on as a DLC for the Tomcat - I'd love to do it ince I learn to fly the beast properly and inve I close other projects (M-2000C Red Flag, new A-10C campaign for Caucasus and Iron Flag for A-10 in NTTR plus Harrier).

A crew of two gives great opportunity to develop nice personalities for the pilots, write some interesting dialogues etc. Really looking forward to both the map and the Tomcat!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

I read it wrong, mean the USN Tomcats, but yes, retired too early for that campaign, a shame cause the Super Hornet will not be flyable. That error happens when you reply to posts being half-drunk.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Super Hornet

what Super Hornet?

As in "Super Hornet will not be a DCS module" I understood.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta