Joystick Response Time

Need some advice people

Own and use a MS Sidewinder 2 Joystick and feel that At The Mo, it is too slow to react and has a slight delay from when i release pressure on the stick. If I am in a roll , say full right, and I release the Stick to centre postion, the plane still moves for a sec in the

direction of the roll - its really bugging me

Dont know if this is a problem but I feel the joystick response is lathargic

Help needed

Cheers

SumoScouse Out :cool:

Swiching Vertical Sync off in your GFX settings might solve your problem. Its a common issue but not everybody has this problem (I dont). Other than that I dont see any other reason for it.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Guest IguanaKing

I agree. I think you're just seeing the effects of inertia. Give the T frog a try some time...you'll see lots of inertia effects, along with adverse yaw. ;)

Sounds like momentum to me! For any type of hesitation roll, you'd have to make the input but also counter it with a small, but quick deflection of the stick in the opposite direction.

I'd 2nd the suggestion to check your joystick curves too!

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

Thanks for all the replys Guys, I tried the 'give the stick a bit of a tug in the opp direction to stop the roll - works a treat if you get the timinmg just right'

However, not sure about the axis settings coz I'm not quite sure what to do

Cheers

Axis curve settings are a black art!

Basically, you don't want the aircraft to respond in a directly proportional manner to the flight stick movement. For the first section of the stick travel, you want the responses to be less marked, then as you move the stick further, you want the responses to ramp up.

If you look at the curve settings, this is how it should be set as default for most of the flyable aircraft - the curve starts off at a shallow gradient, meaning the control input is marked down from actual stick input, and then as the curve continues upwards and you move the stick further, the actual control input is ramped up.

I hope that's comprehensible :p

Anyway, different curve settings mean the aircraft will fly slightly differently, so tweaking might help :)

There's a complication, though.

The above is true for the normal aircraft. With Flaming Cliffs, it is NOT true for the Su25 and Su25T . . . . I've forgotten the exact reason why, I think it's because they're built into the flight model.

If you try and fly the Su25/T with the normal curves, they'll feel like the heaviest, slowest, sluggiest pieces of lead you ever flew. Fly them with the response curves set to straight.

Unfortunately . . . . if you fly the normal aircraft with straight response curves, they'll feel like the twitchiest, most unstable, most difficult to control aircraft you ever flew.

If you're flying both sets of aircraft, it hence gets interesting. Compromise curve settings, manually changing the curves each time, and utilities to sort the profiles between AFM and non-AFM aircraft are all valid ways of dealing with it.

Thanks for the Advice my good Friend. I love it when someone knows what they are talking about and helps a nOOb like moi to make my Virtual Life more rewarding.

Cheers

ps - May we meet in the Virtual Skies and may you digest one of my Aim120's in Elegant Style

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

I r being driven insane, i got new stick last week, and ive spent ages setting it up, but its just toooooooooo twitchy, finally got it untwitchy after days, but as soon as i restart lockon and/or go multi, settings return to OOOBAAAA twitchy.

JS software shows everything ok, so i think game is pricking about.

but if i breathe over joystick, i can just about do a 360 roll.

answers on a postcard to forum.lockon.ru find me and post joe ansa

also, when in multi, i set up a server to test it on, and 1 person said his JS was uber twitchy aswell, i was hosting, so something at my end was affecting him aswell ?????

my advice, if you have a x45, and are used to it, dont get a 52, as it is HELL