upuaut's Bell 47 Alpha release!

It will crash Dcs if I install it without doing anything.

I can get it to run if I copy the Huey Bin folder.

But as ai the textures are all missing!

There may be changes to the dll's.

I have a much earlier version which behaves the same way.

Did you just install it and it worked?

If so, what link did you use. I may have a corrupted mod.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will re-download and post the results.

That was fast!

Thank you my friend!

This did work!

I had not thought that the mod would have been damaged.

All mods were removed before the big DCS update.

Anyone having issues, delete and start over.

I have a sight seeing trip I had planned in this beauty and now.......

I am off to visit France!

See you in a few months! :megalol:

Bell47.png?dl=1

Edited by Hawkeye60
  • Like 1

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Hey thanks for the suggestions. I did try reinstalling with and no joy after but deleted folder and redid it and, boom, it is working finally. I am loving it as a touring vehicle to check out the map.

• 1 month later...
Does this mod work in 2.1? I had to delete it to install Normandy, but would like to fly it in that map if possible

Yes, but download fresh and start from the beginning of the install.

I need to download the mod files again? Do you have a link to the latest version I should download?

Post #47

• 3 months later...
Yes, but download fresh and start from the beginning of the install.

I can't get this mod to work anymore in 2.1.1. I've downloaded it again and copied the latest UH-1H bin into the Bell47_2 folder. It shows in the module manager but it is not available at the bottom of the home screen or in the mission editor. Am I missing something?

Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)  | AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 4,5Ghz | 128Gb DDR4 3200Mhz | beQuiet! Dark Power 12 1200W | 2 x 2Tb M.2 Samsung SSD | 2 x 4 Tb M.2 Samsung SSD |  Aorus RTX3090 Xtreme 24Gb | Windows 10 Pro x64 | HOTAS Cougar (heavily modified) | MFG Crosswind pedals | CH Throttle Quadrant | TrackIR5 | Oculus Quest 2 | VoiceAttack

Aviate Navigate Communicate

I can't get this mod to work anymore in 2.1.1. I've downloaded it again and copied the latest UH-1H bin into the Bell47_2 folder. It shows in the module manager but it is not available at the bottom of the home screen or in the mission editor. Am I missing something?
I have not flown her in a while so I decided to start fresh.

I used this link, Thanks to LevelPulse,

Found a workaround to the Dropbox traffic problen, hosting it on my Google Drive:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_T...ew?usp=sharing

Be sure to copy the Huey bin folder into the Bell 47 folder.

I created the aircraft and mods directories, and used OvGME to install it.

You could drop the aircraft directly into your saved games mods folder as well.

It must be installed in this location!

users\yourname\saved games\DCSworld2.1.1\mods\aircraft\Bell47

She works fine for me in 2.1.1

As a side note, If you also copy the cockpit and FM folders from the Huey. You will have the Huey cockpit in the Bell!

I have just tried this and it works as well.

I did not go for a spin yet with the Huey cockpit.

Hope this helps

Hawkeye

So the folder name has to be Bell47? I used the folder name of the rar file, which is Bell47_2. Maybe that is what I was doing wrong. Thanks, will try.

EDIT: No, still no luck. There is no Bell47 in the Mission Editor. She is there in the Module Manager.

Edited by Razorback[NL]

Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)  | AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 4,5Ghz | 128Gb DDR4 3200Mhz | beQuiet! Dark Power 12 1200W | 2 x 2Tb M.2 Samsung SSD | 2 x 4 Tb M.2 Samsung SSD |  Aorus RTX3090 Xtreme 24Gb | Windows 10 Pro x64 | HOTAS Cougar (heavily modified) | MFG Crosswind pedals | CH Throttle Quadrant | TrackIR5 | Oculus Quest 2 | VoiceAttack

This is my exact path,

c:\users\Hawkeye\Saved Games\DCS OpenAlpha\mods\aircraft\Bell47_2

You are correct about the bell folder name.

Even if you do not copy the Huey bin folder, the Bell should still show as ai in the ME.

If none of this works, I would do a clean, repair and update of DCS, in that order.

I use Skates utility which is a fantastic program.

Thanks Skate!

Let me know if this helps.

I KNOW she works!

Let us see if we can get you in the cockpit! :thumbup:

This is my exact path,

c:\users\Hawkeye\Saved Games\DCS OpenAlpha\mods\aircraft\Bell47_2

You are correct about the bell folder name.

Even if you do not copy the Huey bin folder, the Bell should still show as ai in the ME.

If none of this works, I would do a clean, repair and update of DCS, in that order.

I use Skates utility which is a fantastic program.

Thanks Skate!

Let me know if this helps.

I KNOW she works!

Let us see if we can get you in the cockpit! :thumbup:

When I place the Bell47_2 folder directly into my saved games, she doesn't even show up in the module manager. A repair did not help either. Installing with OvGME lists her in the module manager but not in the ME or home screen.

;3272829']When I place the Bell47_2 folder directly into my saved games' date=' she doesn't even show up in the module manager. A repair did not help either. Installing with OvGME lists her in the module manager but not in the ME or home screen.[/quote']

I am having this issue with EVERY mod I place in the saved games folder for 2.1 (C:\Users\Torso\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Mods). DCS does not even see them in game/home screen or in the ME even though they show and are active in Module Manager.

Is there someplace the mod path is stored in 2.1? It seems like it is not looking in the right place for mods.

I looked at several files(entry.lua..etc) and saw references to "dirName = current_mod_path". This seems like it is calling a stored path file to the mods dir. Where is that path file stored so I can check it it actually points to the saved games dir? Why does the Module Manager in 2.1 see them but the actual game itself does not. Seems odd it see's them but then does not in game itself.

None of these issues exist for 1.5 which I also have installed. Drop mods in the saved games mod dir and they show up and work.

Edited by Torso

• 4 weeks later...

Placing the Bell 47 in the saved games location as described by Hawkeye60 did the trick for me. Working perfectly fine for me now. I of course removed the Bell entirely from the main folder.

What you can try that might or might not work is this:

Immediately before I moved my Bell 47 from the main game folder to saved games I went to the module manager and removed the tick at the Bell and restarted. Then I did the same but added the tick again. This did not help. But since moving the Bell 47 to my saved games folder did work for me while not for some of you, I figured it might have had an effect in combination with the move. Worth a try.

What I also did before the move was deleting the fxo and metashaders folders. Maybe worth a shot.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

• 2 months later...
Above worked for me. But throttle doesn't go up or down I have to start it from hot. Any help?

Disregard my previous post if you saw that! My brain didn't work properly during early morning.

Anyhow, I think it has to do with changes in device_init.lua or devices.lua and how DCS interpret them for the Huey, on which the 47 is based. They are located under '/Cockpit/Scripts'.

I had the same problem with the Huey in 1.5.8 and it turned out to be due to a MOD I had installed that used slightly modified device_init.lua and devices.lua for an earlier pre-1.5.8 Huey version. The 1.5.8 Huey is more similar to the 2.2 Huey than it's pre-1.5.8 versions.

Edited by Holton181

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

I am trying to install this mod but the aircraft only works as AI. Even if i select it as Client or Player it still acts as AI and I can't enter the cockpit. I have the huey installed.

Any ideas

Edited by Jacks

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

I am trying to install this mod but the aircraft only works as AI. Even if i select it as Client or Player it still acts as AI and I can't enter the cockpit. I have the huey installed.

Any ideas

You need to copy the Huey Bin folder into the mod main folder.

I have just re-installed this beauty and am enjoying a nice site seeing flight around Normandy!

Hope this helps

________

Any ideas

Same here, copying the bin file does nothing?

I have already tried copying the bin folder and it didn't work.

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

it has to be a copy of the current Huey bin files form the dcs version you're trying to fly the Bell in, ie. 2.2 bins if using 2.2 or 1.5 bins in 1.5

(I have 2 OvGME files set up with the bins for each version and activate / deactivate either one with the mod file separately depending what map / version I'm flying on)

you also need to setup & bind the controls for it in the menu before you can launch it in the mission editor,

that's why you can't get into aircraft, DCS won't let you into a pit if controls are not bound you'll either get a locked out pit view or the F10 map

you can also copy your UH-1H control configs and rename the folder to match the mod's name ie. BELL47 or whatever the correct aircraft file name is that way you have a control set

but best to even just set axis in the menus so the game creates the correct file structure in saved games folder

Edited by Dingo_Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

parking hot, you'll have a 50/50 chance of a bump at spawn that could break the rotors or tail, best start cold at ramp and run the cheat start-up win&home keys to get going, or if you know the start up procedure use the switches on the center column to get going (same as the Huey, just switches in a different place on the centre console)

if your throttle is not moving check the axis binds. if it bound to multiple controller / sliders it may be over riding each other

Edited by Dingo_Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5