pedals thrustmaster help to setting rudders

good morning to all

I am having problems with the configuration of my rudder thrustmaster, it works very erratically when I am taxing and takingoff. Could someone give me the correct settings for the dead zone, saturation x and y and curve. Thanks in advance.

I have sometimes used the following:

Dead zone 0, saturation X 95, saturation Y 60 and curve 24

Try a dead-zone around 5.

No saturation, no curve.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Before touch any settings in DCS, have you tried the RJ12 calibration tool supplied by Thrustmaster?

7.jpg

oh, also make sure that connector is still in PLANE position (my son touched this switch...)

20170331_165509.jpg

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

This is what I use

ttTirc4.png

But take into consideration that setting up controls is often a matter of personal tastes.

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

With which aircraft are you testing the controls?

Do you see spikes in controls with the thrustmaster calibration tool? or in the device control panel under devices & printers/game controllers?

When i have had this kind of problem in the past it has been because controllers were preset to control my rudders etc. that I was not aware of. I always get a set of warthog preset settings that I have to undo before things work right. Check that two different things are not assigned to the rudders in both the AXIS controls screen and the regular rudders control screen.

slyfly

I am a previous owner of TM's TFRP. I was able to fly just fine, but when I decided to start practicing landing the F-15 I couldn't get it to stay on the runway on touchdown. I used the TM calibration tool and noticed a lot of spiking.

I was never able to get TM support to respond so I returned them to Amazon. I purchased the TFRP because I was on a budget. There were also no available Saitek pedals available. They recently became available for sale at Amazon and I purchased one. Landing is much easier with those pedals.

Try to go through ordinary windows calibration.It`s helped me with TM throtle calibration spikes

Asus H97 PRO--I7-4790 3.60-4.00 ghz Haswell
--
Cooler Master Hyper 103
--
16gb Kingston HyperX Fury black 1866mhz
--
ZOTAC AMP extreme gtx 1080 ti
--
SSD Kingston HyperX Fury 120 Gb
--
Samsung EvO 850 500gb
--
TM Warthog
--
Cooler MAster V 750
--
Plantronics 500HD

You already test your pedal in Windows Control Panel > Game Controllers to see if work spike free?

If not, no curve or deadzone in game will help.

Try do the calibration - preferable with Tm soft, or if not installed with Windows Games Controllers applet.

Just to exclude an hardware defect of TRFP, before reinstall DCS or delete controller profiles in Savegame, are you seeing spikes/movements in the control panel setting of the device?

When not in use, the green zones should be remain aligned

KlVg5e2.png

Au toman

Thanks you so much for your help to me.

When rudders do not work it The green line is corret to rudder and tose.

I lo try to delete and reinstall again profile be cause every thing point that t rudder hardware is workingin

I ll tell you late

• 2 weeks later...
Au toman

Thanks you so much for your help to me.

When rudders do not work it The green line is corret to rudder and tose.

I lo try to delete and reinstall again profile be cause every thing point that t rudder hardware is workingin

I ll tell you late

I have another thread on the same subject in this section. Spiking all over the place and not getting full deflection on left pedal. Workaround was putting a high dead zone of 120 in the TM calibration utility.

I had comms with Thrustmaster and they gave me a reference to get a replacement unit from the retailer, as they don't fix these pedals saying the design is too simple.

I'm going to get a refund and buy the Saitek pedals instead.

I cannot recommend these TM pedals. They are cheap, but it's quite obvious why!

I have noticed 2 retailers stopping selling them recently.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Seriously? I thought the Saitek pedals are highly recommended.

Why do you say that?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I have another thread on the same subject in this section. Spiking all over the place and not getting full deflection on left pedal. Workaround was putting a high dead zone of 120 in the TM calibration utility.

I had comms with Thrustmaster and they gave me a reference to get a replacement unit from the retailer, as they don't fix these pedals saying the design is too simple.

I'm going to get a refund and buy the Saitek pedals instead.

I cannot recommend these TM pedals. They are cheap, but it's quite obvious why!

I have noticed 2 retailers stopping selling them recently.

mosqui was having a software calibration problem, not hardware defect like your case

Why do you say that?

Saitek Combat rudder have a better look and pedals are more spaced, but they have potentiometers too. So may fail... exactly like TFRP

mosqui was having a software calibration problem, not hardware defect like your case

Saitek Combat rudder have a better look and pedals are more spaced, but they have potentiometers too. So may fail... exactly like TFRP

Not sure about that. His issues sound the exact same as mine. Spiking and being uncontrollable at times. My issue can also be resolved by implementing large dead zones in the calibration tool, but all that is doing is working round the hardware issue.

I don't think these pedals are worth recommending. The fact that TM would never repair them is significant. Too cheap to bother about.

I thought that the Saitek pedals have a much better build quality, and a pretty good performance reputation. No?

Not sure about that. His issues sound the exact same as mine. Spiking and being uncontrollable at times. My issue can also be resolved by implementing large dead zones in the calibration tool, but all that is doing is working round the hardware issue.

I don't think these pedals are worth recommending. The fact that TM would never repair them is significant. Too cheap to bother about.

I thought that the Saitek pedals have a much better build quality, and a pretty good performance reputation. No?

omissis...every thing point that t rudder hardware is workingin

If you speak about build quality and materials look, OK, but hardware under the hood maybe the same cheap chinese potentiometers:doh:

So, I think that TM pedals fails exactly like Saitek fails:smilewink:

Just some posts for reference on this forum:

My Saitek Combat rudder pedal's toe brake is dead

Saitek pedals' right toe brake damaged. Help?

Saitek pro rudder pedals problem

Moreover they are discontinued:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=170718

Moreover they are discontinued:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=170718

Thanks for that.

I guess nothing is perfect, but looking around, it seemed to me that they were built better. The TMs have a really cheap feel to the plastic, etc. But, they are only around £70, so you get what you pay for.

These are not discontinued and are the ones I am talking about

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Saitek-Flight-Rudder-Pedals/dp/B01MQ0N57Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1493969979&sr=1-1&keywords=saitek+pedals

Why do you say that?

Saitek PRO or Combat pedals use low cost potentiometer like TFRP so they start spike is just matter of time.

In last years Madcatz QC drops like their shares value.

CH PRO Pedal use good quality pot, but wires in pot' tabs is not welded, instead use connectors, that can became loose and pot' spikes. Besides this, their electronics is obsolete (8 bits).

If you want quality go for the "Next Gen" pedals with contactless sensors, ball bearings in pivots - Baur, MFG, Slaw, VKB.

Edited by Sokol1_br