DCS Persian Gulf Map AI Forces Question

Angelthunder

Ground units

I would like to know if ED plans on making AI ground and naval forces,similar to what their doing in the Normandy map.For nations like the UAE and Iran in this DLC map.That could be used for targeting and attacking things in aircraft and combined arms battles for future mission campaigns.

There is so much work needed for ground units already and at the same time new modules & updates (F-18, Nimitz, Kuznetsow, WWII stuff, DCS 2.5, NTTR....) in progress that I doubt it will happen anytime soon...

:cry:

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

There is so much work needed for ground units already and at the same time new modules & updates (F-18, Nimitz, Kuznetsow, WWII stuff, DCS 2.5, NTTR....) in progress that I doubt it will happen anytime soon...

:cry:

I would expect a good possibility of this stuff showing up with the release of the SOH map. Not saying 100% but a good bet it will.

Expect unexpected

I would expect a good possibility of this stuff showing up with the release of the SOH map. Not saying 100% but a good bet it will.

I was under the impression that Strait of Hormuz was planned as a theater for DCS F-18 module, so yes, I agree it is likely that it will.

However, I've purchased A-10C with NTTR back in 2010, as we all know Nevada is still in alpha with WIP (on some rather interesting details as I see it) so it could be the case that Hornet gets released before SoH.

It kind of makes sense for me:

Step 1: Release F-18C and let me train on it for some time using land airbases.

Step 2: Carrier operations with Nimitz class that is in progress (sold as a module).

Step 3: Go to war - SoH (another module).

But that is off topic anyway, so back to the original, I would be very interested to purchase additional ground module as well (airbase ground operations, infantry, aircrews, ground support units, etc.)

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

I think you are pretty close to the idea of ED's plan. Just guessing of course but look at what has been released now. What is coming.

F5 Tiger II has been release. Used by Iranians.

F-14A coming which again is used by Iranians.

F/A-18C coming to play NATO side. Mirage 2000C. UAE etc.

SOH map coming for all these modules to fight a war in. Now figure those ground units, SAMs etc. to be put in there as well in order to add to the atmosphere of the map/fight server.

I imagine ships/naval aspects will be coming as well at some time in order to compliment the above modules.

ED is slowly putting the pieces of puzzle together in order to give us a very big canvas to paint on. :)

First though, must get DCS World up to 2.5 standard. One version, stable and ready to go. They are getting there, just a bit longer. :joystick:

I think you are pretty close to the idea of ED's plan. Just guessing of course but look at what has been released now. What is coming.

F5 Tiger II has been release. Used by Iranians.

F-14A coming which again is used by Iranians.

F/A-18C coming to play NATO side. Mirage 2000C. UAE etc.

SOH map coming for all these modules to fight a war in. Now figure those ground units, SAMs etc. to be put in there as well in order to add to the atmosphere of the map/fight server.

I imagine ships/naval aspects will be coming as well at some time in order to compliment the above modules.

ED is slowly putting the pieces of puzzle together in order to give us a very big canvas to paint on. :)

First though, must get DCS World up to 2.5 standard. One version, stable and ready to go. They are getting there, just a bit longer. :joystick:

Yeah,we will definitely have aircraft that both sides use.I also would like to see fully modeled factioned AI Iranian infantry along with UAE troops and other AI vehicles,weapons and aircraft that we don't have yet in the Caucasus or NTTR maps.Like a AI Boeing 707 tanker aircraft that the Iranian Air Force use to refuel their aircraft.