Nevada update 6 - changes?

Tinkicker mentioned this on hoggit:

I have only had a quick mission and found:

The extra "detail" has not appeared to affect the performance in VR (Rift) in any way whatsoever. It ran just as well as as before when it was performing at its best. No jitters whatsoever.

Hard to put a finger on what all the extra detail is as I always fly at daybreak, but I can say there does appear to be a greater resolution of terrain features, there seems to far more and much more detailed rilles and canyons around in the mountains. Also noticed the salt lakes off the end of runway 14 at Tonopah Test base have very defined 3D banks now, and are actually below the level of the surrounding terrain by a few feet; whereas before they were just like paint on the ground, which further points to increased terrain resolution. It does look much better, but hard to know exactly why apart from what has just been mentioned. I cannot discern any difference in terrain textures or objects down low.

Sounds promising.

I agree, the textures on the ground appear a lot sharper at moderate distance and the building "blooming" effect is less noticeable when you're not specifically looking for it.

It seems as if some smaller houses in the suburban areas may have been removed also; I've found a few roof textures that never "grew" buildings. That one might just be my imagination though.

All in all, I'd say it's a very nice graphical update and I didn't notice any performance hit.

Edited by feefifofum