CH Hotas Manager software ,broken in Windows 10

I am having issues with the CH Manager software in Windows 10.

I installed the program per the instructions when they tell you to plug in the controllers first before installing CH Manager.

I plug in the Controllers,reboot,install Ch Manager,reboot,load a map and all is fine.

When I power up my PC again and load a map,the download button and mapping modes buttons are greyed out and I have to do the install dance again by unplugging my controllers,uninstalling Ch Manager and doing the install dance again.

This has happened five times now.

I have been pleading for help at the Ch Hangar but no one answers posts over there anymore.

Just wondering if anyone has a Ch hotas and using the CH Manager software with Windows 10 can shed some light on how to fix my problem.

Thank you.

Spent hours and hours on my CH DCS World Su 27 profile map and now this rubbish.

Ch manager works great,it's only when I shut the PC down or restart,it fails,really going bald here.

Edited by JellybeanTiger

Thought I solved the issue as I found thirty registry entries even after I uninstalled CH Manager.

Rebooted twice and maps loaded fine,all is well with the World.

Thought I would restart the PC and reload a map.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO,greyed out download and mapped functions buttons again.

NO HAIR LEFT!

1zf25bd.png

Edited by JellybeanTiger

Game devices ,it shows the CH hotas.

Soon as I download a map to CH Manager,the devices disappear in a puff of smoke.

x3wuf8.png

DO NOT INSTALL WINDOWS 10 if you own this hotas.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

The Hotas is listed in device manager ,I rightclick the Ch Hotas device icon and "scan for hardware changes".

Game devices remains empty.

DO NOT UPDATE YOUR WINDOWS 10,CH manager dies.

Now ,I don't know who to blame, Windows 10 for updating there OS or CH Products for not updating and evolving their software when Windows 10 evolves.

I reckon the latter.

Hopefully CH Products are working on a fix.

Edited by JellybeanTiger

Game devices ,it shows the CH hotas.

Soon as I download a map to CH Manager,the devices disappear in a puff of smoke.

x3wuf8.png

DO NOT INSTALL WINDOWS 10 if you own this hotas.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

The Hotas is listed in device manager ,I rightclick the Ch Hotas device icon and "scan for hardware changes".

Game devices remains empty.

DO NOT UPDATE YOUR WINDOWS 10,CH manager dies.

Now ,I don't know who to blame, Windows 10 for updating there OS or CH Products for not updating and evolving their software when Windows 10 evolves.

I reckon the latter.

Hopefully CH Products are working on a fix.

I own the CH Fighter stick/Throttle and Pedals. I have never had issues with the Control Manager and I am running Win 10. The ONLY thing I use the CM for is calibration. Otherwise the HOTAS works so great in DCS. I have no need to use any other functions of the Control Manager.

Win 10 I7 6700K @ 4.0 GHZ. 16 gig memory GTX 1070 SSD

OK I THINK I FIXED THIS.

Looks like I had a few things in sleep mode < had alot of usb devices put out of sleep mode but not all of them.

Check every USB device especially the CH products devices and take them out of sleep mode.

Any HID Compliant device,a few I missed.

I was on the right track but was not thorough enough.

Sorry to CH Products but for days I have been pulling my hair out lol.

Going to reboot again to check.

CH Products,sorry for being a dill ...YET AGAIN.

Edited by JellybeanTiger

i ended up reinstalling windows 10 because of the stupid ch control manager.

best not to even bother with it.

its sad that ch isnt doing anything to make the mapping software whql with microsoft.

ch joysticks are the best, but the software is borked

Edited by hannibal

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

i ended up reinstalling windows 10 because of the stupid ch control manager.

best not to even bother with it.

its sad that ch isnt doing anything to make the mapping software whql with microsoft.

ch joysticks are the best, but the software is borked

The calibration functions are necessary at times and work just fine on my system.

The calibration functions are necessary at times and work just fine on my system.

i calibrate the ch joysticks with the defualt windows game controller properties.

me installing ch control manager for the sake of calibration is a headache waiting to happen.

as mention i had bad experiences with the ch control manager.

i used to work iT and fixed many of computer problems

the first time around it was hell to get ch control manager uninstalled, and it left some many virtual devices in device manager.

good luck to u if u have ch control manger running. i am good without it

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

OK , I disabled sleep mode for every usb device in device manager but forgot about another setting in Windows 10.

Right click the start button,left click on Power Options,left click on Additional Power Settings,then what ever plan you have selected,click on change plan settings then Change advanced power settings,then a box will open,go to USB Settings and open up the list and set USB selective suspend setting to disabled.

My controllers popped up again in game devices.

OK,let's see how CH Manager fares this time.

Hopefully I only report one more post with good news.

Spoke too soon.

Loaded another map,downloaded and bam ,grey buttons.

There must be another setting I haven't explored doing this in Windows 10.

Registry I'm guessing,I have to venture into the scene of the crime.

The CURSE of CH Manager and Windows 10 continues...................

I have recently ran into this problem too? No real time to look into it, was going to run it past Bitmaster, after I take a good look, you know that shady character that lurks around, way way down in the PC Hardware and Related Software section lol.:)

Perhaps do a quick short post there, in the PC Hardware section, saying everything you have tried and tested, many win gurus / network techs there, I'm thinking it was an update, I've never had this problem and I've had win 10 for a long time?

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Having the same issue for around the last month. Actually got a response out of someone in CH... in short they basically said you dont need CH manager just run them as DX units and key assign in game !!!! They also implied that CH manager is not supported by them.

The original coder for CH manager is Bob Church I have PM'd him on the CH forums hoping for a respons.

Having the same issue for around the last month. Actually got a response out of someone in CH... in short they basically said you dont need CH manager just run them as DX units and key assign in game !!!! They also implied that CH manager is not supported by them.

The original coder for CH manager is Bob Church I have PM'd him on the CH forums hoping for a respons.

Don't you lose the shifted ability?

Gees,seems like CH Products are neglecting their gaming peripherals.

Hopefully they are working on something.

Bummer guys. Ive never seen or heard about this issue on my Win 10 machine. Maybe this is because Ive never needed to use CM for anything more then calibration. DCS recognizes my Figherstick, Pro Throttle and Pedals on boot up (and they all share a USB hub). I hope you are able to get a satisfying resolution soon.

Bummer guys. Ive never seen or heard about this issue on my Win 10 machine. Maybe this is because Ive never needed to use CM for anything more then calibration. DCS recognizes my Figherstick, Pro Throttle and Pedals on boot up (and they all share a USB hub). I hope you are able to get a satisfying resolution soon.

I guess you can only use the buttons on the hotas and not shifted functions where you can double up the button use when you use CH Manager.

It's when you download a map to the hotas through the software,that the muck hits the fan.

The sticks become renamed CH Control Manager device 1 ,2 and 3 instead of CH Fighterstick,CH Pro Throttle and Ch Pro Rudder.

I think it's this renaming that Windows 10 gets confused with and changes the id for the devices.

If CH rejigged the software so the devices don't get renamed when put into mapped mode,maybe that would fix the problem?

Edited by JellybeanTiger

I guess you can only use the buttons on the hotas and not shifted functions where you can double up the button use when you use CH Manager.

Not true. I use shifted functions on 90% of my Fighterstick and Pro Throttle buttons. DCS allows me to assign a Shifted Function to one HOTAS key. That allows me to double my usage. While NOT using the CH Manager.

Edited by lasvideo

You can use a shifted state in DCS, just like lasvideo said and setup that way.

The main problem is the downloaded profiles I have, they have all the key commands listed in CH manager, very easy to quickly change anything to any where on the fly, no keybindings in DCS at all, only set the axis in sim. Plus I have some scripted flare and chaff auto sequence for FC3 fighters and custom shifted snap views etc.

I'm looking at the vkb gunfighter pro anyway, so it will be going soon, still be using the CH throttle for now, might just have to setup in game.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

You can use a shifted state in DCS, just like lasvideo said and setup that way.

The main problem is the downloaded profiles I have, they have all the key commands listed in CH manager, very easy to quickly change anything to any where on the fly, no keybindings in DCS at all, only set the axis in sim. Plus I have some scripted flare and chaff auto sequence for FC3 fighters and custom shifted snap views etc.

I'm looking at the vkb gunfighter pro anyway, so it will be going soon, still be using the CH throttle for now, might just have to setup in game.

Bob Church,the creator of CH Manager has retired.

Looks like we are stuck with 4.55a.

Not true. I use shifted functions on 90% of my Fighterstick and Pro Throttle buttons. DCS allows me to assign a Shifted Function to one HOTAS key. That allows me to double my usage. While NOT using the CH Manager.

And besides "shift" DCS allow "mode" - called "Switch" in controls. ;)

And "shift" can be achieved in other games - with less controls options that DCS, e.g. the latest "IL-2" interaction through 3rd party keymaper like the "Swiss pocket knife" Joy2key, or SVMapper, Autohotkey... and for some axes "cheater"- similar to what is possible in Manager try Joystick Gremlin.

Nothing really replacement for Manager, but alternatives.

And besides "shift" DCS allow "mode" - called "Switch" in controls. ;)

And "shift" can be achieved in other games - with less controls options that DCS, e.g. the latest "IL-2" interaction through 3rd party keymaper like the "Swiss pocket knife" Joy2key, or SVMapper, Autohotkey... and for some axes "cheater"- similar to what is possible in Manager try Joystick Gremlin.

Nothing really replacement for Manager, but alternatives.

Ty kindly.

I will look into Joystick Gremlin.

Looks more complicated to use especially creating a profile with shifted functions,CH manager is simple to use compared to Joystick Gremlin though it has a handy id checker.

Edited by JellybeanTiger

Ty kindly.

I will look into Joystick Gremlin.

Looks more complicated to use especially creating a profile with shifted functions,CH manager is simple to use compared to Joystick Gremlin though it has a handy id checker.

And just using the DCS shift function is quick and easy as well! Heres my HOTAS binding template.

https://plus.google.com/photos/photo/102385542845985326590/6486437263081733602?icm=false&iso=true&authkey=CNXCgYeVt4-VCg

Edited by lasvideo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The workaround above does not work for many, including myself.  I have had intermittent success, sometimes restarting a few times to get it to work.  Tonight, after the 10th restart, I decided to look for an answer some more, or just start mapping my gear in the game and not using the Control Manager Software anymore.

I THINK I FIXED IT!!!  Here is how:

1) Open Device Manager in Windows

2) Find the CH Products list and expand it

3) For every device listed:

A) Right click, then click properties in the window for the device. 

B) Click the Power Management tab, if there is one.  If not, just close the window and move to the next device

C) UNCHECK the box that says “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”

After I finished all the devices in the list, I restarted my PC

After that… it worked flawlessly, like it always used to.  I can switch back and forth between direct and mapped modes over and over, load a new profile, switch between modes some more, load another profile, all is right with the world again.  I even restarted again to be sure. I didn't wait for anything. When the desktop came up, I opened Control Manager, and switched from direct to mapped mode, and it worked fine!

Hope this helps someone (hopefully everyone with this problem!)!!

• Like 1

i7-9700k overclocked to 4.9ghz, RTX 2070 Super, 32GB RAM, M.2 NVMe drive, HP Reverb G2 version 2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals, and a Logitech Throttle Quadrant

• 2 weeks later...