Trigger Setup.

Don't have a two stage trigger. TM16000M. Have mapped a mod button and trigger for first stage. Am not even sure if it works yet. I have found with using mod buttons I need to be sure to hit the modifier button first before whatever main button or switch. A little tricky.

Two questions: Is there a better way for a single stage trigger? And, do I need to hold the buttons for the trigger or is it set then proceed with the second stage? Ie; firing.

Set the button up as a modifier, not a shift button. ( In the controller menu they are easy to confuse).

Then, you can have two functions on the trigger. One when just pulling the trigger, the other when holding in the button you assigned as modifier whilst pulling in the trigger.

If you accidently set it up as a shift button, then that changes the behavior to pull the trigger is one function, press and release the shift button, then pull the trigger is the second function, rinse and repeat.

I myself prefer to have a buttons assigned as modifier rather than shift, and use it exclusively as a press and hold modifier.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

That's they way it's set up. Mod +trigger. SO, to lock the aircraft on the glide path I am holding down the mod and trigger. Then I let go mod and begin firing? Do I still get the stage 1 effect?

Not sure I get the meaning of stage 1 effect, if you have a two stage trigger and assign the command for press and hold to give extra command to first stage, then yes.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Ya thats what I mean.

OK tried that. Holding the mod and trigger steadies the aircraft but I have to let them go and re pull t5he trigger causing the aircraft to kick up slightly. I think with real two stage you depress the trigger slightly for 1st stage and then follow thru for gun? And stage 1 is still happening?

You are talking about T.16000M trigger, that has only one stage (or button) or want know how people with 2 stage (2 buttons) trigger joystick, ex. X-52, Cougar, Warthog work?

This could vary from game and from the plane, for example.

DCS Bf 109 or SPit. IXe, if you set:

1st stage for MGs

2nd stage for Cannons

Press first stage fire MGs and continue pressing until 2nd stage fire cannons but don't stop MGs, because the button on 1st stage remains pressed to allow press the 2nd stage.

For other functions assigned for 1 stage in a given plane for function different than weapons, the result could be different.

No, I was just being A10 specific but overnight I realized frst stage is mapped to a keyboard button and I need to free up a button on my throttle to use for that purpose. Not use a mod button with trigger. My TWCS has button 3 as my modifier button which I would like to keep and button 2 for gear. Moving gear to a stick button and using for first stage.