Can I ask why?

Harlikwin

So,

Let me start off by saying I like migs... I really like migs...

But why the 19 of all of them? Why not a more modern one?

I guess it was fairly widely used. But so was the 21, and we don't have any Gen2 bluefor fighters (maybe the F5).

Is it easy to do?

I guess I just really don't get the plane set at this point.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

The MiG-23MLA is planned after the MiG-19.

From what I understand the people who were doing the MiG-19 & 23 got picked up by RAZBAM.

I guess they are going with the MiG-19 first because it is more simple & will give them experience for when they do the MiG-23.

Any other more modern MiGs seem to be off the table for now because of the Russian government afaik.

Also we already have a MiG-21 & the MiG-19 will actually possibly be even more deadly vs F-4s (like the one Belsimtek will be developing eventually) & F-5s (that we already have from Belsimtek) than the 21.

Edited by Dr.SquirrelBoy12

Modules: FC3, A-10C, M2000C, MiG-21bis, F-86F, AV-8B NA, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, A-29, Eurofighter Typhoon, A-6E, MiG-23MLA, Nevada, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Syria, Afghanistan

Specs: Intel i7 2600K, Nvidea GTX 980, 16GB RAM, NVMe SSD, Saitek X-55, TrackIR 5, Samsung Odyssey VR

Why not?

If nothing else, it's about the personal preference - not all of us agree that more modern is always more preferable.

There's always the 'big picture' of what other planes are available - but making even a single module is such a big undertaking that I really can't see dev teams basing their planes choices on simply what everyone else is doing.

Me personally, I love all the cold war stuff.

A-10C Warthog | AJS-37 Viggen | F-5E Tiger II | Mig-15bis | MiG-19P Farmer

The MiG-19 will be a great addition to the Vietnam map that will come eventually.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

1) Mig-19 was more times used in several big wars (modern migs only in little clashes)

2) For modern Migs like Mig-29 are unavailable data sources of avionics.

3) Mig-29 we have in FC3, now with PFM (but still arcade avionics there)

From my point of view is better choice Mig-19 like Mig-29. And

I am big fan of Mig-23 :)

migs look ugly as hell except 29. Can't think myself playing with them. But it is just matter of taste. i don't like them whereas somebody would die for it.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Maybe they're gathering some experience with the MiG-19 before doing other MiG's.

And maybe because it's hard getting any license to do any Russian planes.

I love any Russian modules. Be it a plane or a helicopter. Just give 'em to me.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

migs look ugly as hell except 29. Can't think myself playing with them. But it is just matter of taste. i don't like them whereas somebody would die for it.

I can empathise with that. However, I have found that if I start to enjoy a module, my opinions on its looks can change.

Main examples:

- Viggen. This was almost the last of the DCS modules i bought. I just couldn't get over the looks and steampunk interior. But after having a blast with it, I have grown to appreciate the aesthetics. It's my favourite module now.

- The Mig-15. But as I grew to enjoy how simple it is to throw around the sky, its simple lines grew on me.

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48K, Kempston joystick Interface, Alba Cassette Recorder, Quickshot II Turbo Joystick

"migs look ugly as hell except 29"

Agreed!

"Viggen. This was almost the last of the DCS modules i bought. I just couldn't get over the looks..."

Disagree strongly - it's beautiful!

But who cares, it's just my opinion :music_whistling:

Migs are full of character, my favourite modelling subject. C8wJf3.jpg

Most planes look like most planes. Russian planes however look significantly different. They stand out. Especially older jets. And the fact they look so weird and "ugly" kinda makes them incredibly mesmerising to me. I mean look at the gear of the MiG-23. Weird, twisted looking thing. But it's so unique and beautiful:

oE4mhUT.jpg

Looks like this plane is about to transform into an alien. The gear looks like a tripod that has other functions or something. Just beautiful XD

Edited by Alpenwolf

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

hm the mig23 is really not beautiful... i wouldn't believe anybody thinks it is some sort of aesthetic.

but i really look forward for this module and hope it will arrive soon, since it promises to be different than anything other.

it seems to me that mig experimented a bit in its timeline, maybe a bit more than others .. at least all planes are a bit different

sigpic.png.4d2403c54e341ae5cf45e3309e87cb2c.png

it seems to me that mig experimented a bit in its timeline, maybe a bit more than others

You know that MiG just copied everything from the USA, right?

The slight differences in lines and scale between the F-111 and the MiG-23 is just because of technical limitations of spy camera's and fax machines at that time.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously and back to topic: I think the MiG-19 might be the ultimate gunfighter. That in itself is enough reason to buy it immediately! :thumbup:

Modules: Bf 109, C-101, CE-II, F-5, Gazelle, Huey, Ka-50, Mi-8, MiG-15, MiG-19, MiG-21, Albatros, Viggen, Mirage 2000, Hornet, Yak-52, FC3

The MiG-23MLA is planned after the MiG-19.

From what I understand the people who were doing the MiG-19 & 23 got picked up by RAZBAM.

I guess they are going with the MiG-19 first because it is more simple & will give them experience for when they do the MiG-23.

Any other more modern MiGs seem to be off the table for now because of the Russian government afaik.

Also we already have a MiG-21 & the MiG-19 will actually possibly be even more deadly vs F-4s (like the one Belsimtek will be developing eventually) & F-5s (that we already have from Belsimtek) than the 21.

I guess that makes some sense if they absorbed a new team, but frankly it seems like RAZBAM has a ton of experience making modern jets like the M2000 and AV8 (have both :))

Frankly I'm pretty excited for the mig-23, but I'll probably get the 19 to go with my 15 and 21.

And yes I'm excited by the F4 but it looks like it will be a long while before we see it.

I guess I'm puzzled by the lack of something resembling a consistent aircraft set or devs trying to patch holes in the existing one. On the one hand we have a bunch of 4th gen blue air (Hornet, AV8, M2000, and the F14 and F16 on the way) Two older blue air F5E and the F86 and I guess now the A4. While red air basically gets the Mig15 and 21 which aren't competitive against anything other than the F5E/F86.

As for 4th gen red air, I think many people would be interested, and I'm not 100% sure I buy the whole careful with the Russian government story. I'm sure there are sensitivities, but the KA50 probably has more advanced systems than an 80's era Mig-29 (especially an export version like the 29G).

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I doubt aiming for a fair player vs. player environment is a major goal for the developers. They develop the modules they get data for and they find cool.

This line of thinking absolutely baffles me. Its a WAR-GAME (sim), of course players want to play WW3 or vietnam or the gulf war or the Balkans or Libya, or the iran iraq war or the various israeli arab wars or whatever what-if scenario. And having a plausible, playable opfor and appropriate masp seems like it would bring more people to it.

I wish that were the case but it seems like Razbam is the only dev trying to flesh out a specific conflict with the Falklands. I was really excited about the F-4 to go with the Mig-19, F-5, Mig-21, Huey, and hopefully A-6 from Heatblur. It got put on the back burner to the F-16 though since more people buy gen 4 unfortunately... Vietnam is probably the era with most potential but the Falklands is a great opportunity as well.

Oh yes. Although Viggen was on top of my list I was surprised how fun it turned out to be. Especially the thing of it being archaic and despite being before the age of the MFD it has a real computer of sorts onboard. The Mig-15 experience was perhaps more unexpected... simple and beautiful... vintage but quite capable... there is just so much athmosphere and you really should youtube this legendary aircraft for its story.

The Mig-19, I think it was done because it nicely bridges the gap between the 15 and the 21. Supersonic and in some cases even with missiles, it's pretty much the dawn of a new era. 17 would have just like the old stuff.

I guess many in DCS value the aircraft that are the most exotic or unusual - or which have historic value or something. It's not based on the one time Hollywood actually made a movie with a combat aircraft. Think about people going crazy over the Bronco and stuff. F-15s etc get boring quick when you've been gasping at them some 30 years or so. (Is that an age thing or a culture thing... full-fidelity Mig-29 or Su-27 could still be nice.)

https://i.imgur.com/oE4mhUT.jpg

Looks like this plane is about to transform into an alien. The gear looks like a tripod that has other functions or something. Just beautiful XD

I thought it looks like an alien who can't figure out how earthlings mark their restrooms :huh:

Edited by Varis

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

This line of thinking absolutely baffles me. Its a WAR-GAME (sim), of course players want to play WW3 or vietnam or the gulf war or the Balkans or Libya, or the iran iraq war or the various israeli arab wars or whatever what-if scenario. And having a plausible, playable opfor and appropriate masp seems like it would bring more people to it.

Ok. Then tell me one thing. Where are the pvp missions? Team vs team where you have to conquer the other team's airfield while defending your own like F-22 ADF had? Oh wait, I know what you want to say. Of course there is operation blue flag. But this was made by the community. And these players want it to be a fair red vs blue arena.

Of course we get more and more aurcraft, and of course you get matching pairs. Like F-5 vs Mig-21 or the Warbirds. But they were made, because the creators love those birds, not because "oh we need a fair counterpart for aircraft xy".

DCS is a study sim in the first place. Not a red vs blue pvp wargame. That is a thing players make dcs to be.

Don't get me wrong, this is fine and I wish I could raise some interest for pvp in my squadron. But it is not the first aim when modules are implemented.

Dcs is also a light version of a professional military training simulator. So a big part in the decision which birds we get is "which birds are needed in the pro version AND are allowed for the game community?"

So no, I don't work for ED or Razbam, but I think I am very certain, that pvp balance is not the biggest factor.

"Sieh nur, wie majestätisch du durch die Luft segelst. Wie ein Adler. Ein fetter Adler."

http://www.space-view.net

So,

Let me start off by saying I like migs... I really like migs...

But why the 19 of all of them? Why not a more modern one?

I guess it was fairly widely used. But so was the 21, and we don't have any Gen2 bluefor fighters (maybe the F5).

Is it easy to do?

I guess I just really don't get the plane set at this point.

It’s always the same thing.

It isn’t only about the module you want, it is mainly about what documentation the team can have access to.

And even if you aren’t interested into one particular aircraft, some other people will be.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

I wish that were the case but it seems like Razbam is the only dev trying to flesh out a specific conflict with the Falklands. I was really excited about the F-4 to go with the Mig-19, F-5, Mig-21, Huey, and hopefully A-6 from Heatblur. It got put on the back burner to the F-16 though since more people buy gen 4 unfortunately... Vietnam is probably the era with most potential but the Falklands is a great opportunity as well.

Well I think the A6 is going to be a later variant than what was used in VN, at least thats my guess.

I'd love to see some Falklands based mods/plane set. I think someone should make the Mirage III as well. Good matchup for the mig21 in the ME, and it fits the falklands.

As for the VN mod, I think it would be popular, but most of the current plane set doesn't really fit, the Mig19 would be the only one that would be accurate, and maybe the F4E depending on the version. The 21bis is a later model.

The other obvious theater to me is the Arab Israeli wars. Which could be relevant to modern times for hypothetical stuff as well as Syria.

So no, I don't work for ED or Razbam, but I think I am very certain, that pvp balance is not the biggest factor.

For all the reasons you listed its not, but I'm just sayin it could be a bigger draw. Honestly I think the Vegas map was good mainly because you can fly red-flag ish stuff, which is blue on blue mostly.

Personally I'd love to see a dynamic campaign too like BFM but I'm not holdin my breath.