BFT#10 - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-21-2018, 05:03 PM   #11
Vantskruv

Does the mission fail if you do not put in the coordinates in degrees, minutes and seconds?
Hence the CDU requires you to put in the coords in degrees and decimalminutes format, and I got a failure two times now when converting the seconds to decimalminutes.
Vantskruv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 08:48 PM   #12
Sabre-TLA
3rd Party Campaign Creator

Yes you do need to know how to convert the coordinates into decimal format.

Here is a thread with some explanation how to do that.

Also don't forget that sometimes it may be necessary to add a leading zero for the heading or distance coordinates.
Sabre-TLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 08:12 AM   #13
Vantskruv

Yep, just wanted make sure it was not a miss in the mission.
I have my emulated Ti-86 ready in front of me.

Now I just need to get the time right, it seems the instructor is quite meticulous when it comes to the time, and also there seems to be quite a good time-pressure on you. But that is positive, to force me finding the best ways to be able to to turn to target quickly, and then setup the rest.
Old 12-22-2018, 01:59 PM   #14
Sabre-TLA
3rd Party Campaign Creator

Yes, best advice is to record the time of the instruction and then add the TOT to that so you can set the DTOT on the CDU which will give you a speed estimate to fly at to reach the waypoint on time.

The trigger timer starts at the end of the instructions.

Then it's just ensuring you are at the correct altitude. You do need to fly over the waypoint for the triggers to detect so don't turn away if you think you are close enough.

Also watch for the MOA boundaries or you can fail if you leave the MOA. You can reposition and circle as much as you want but then you will need to increase speed to make the waypoint on time.

The practice mission is a good way to get an understanding of all the CDU entries so you can be quicker when flying the campaign mission.

Recon Stewart has a good video of the mission if you have trouble. It was in an earlier release but the mission and triggers are still the same.

Good luck!
Sabre-TLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 03:01 PM   #15
Vantskruv

I successfully managed the mission now, thanks! Previously I was rounding down/up to minutes for the time, but now I meticulously noted the time with seconds when instructor said 'Begin now', and I also completed the basic campaign, great fun! Now I will restart and continue on the advanced campaign (even though almost played it through before, but I need to refresh my memories).

Any plans for a similar campaign for the F18 when it is done, and the F14 in the later stage?