TARGET mapping Warthog dual triggers for Dora

Belphe

Hi,

I've been trying to create a Dora TARGET profile for Warthog with my primary and secondary triggers enabling MG131s and MG131+151s respectively but due to the fact the primary trigger is set up as "HOLD" (MG131s fire as long as you hold the primary trigger) pressing further through the secondary trigger doesn't enable the MG131+151 combo as for some reason DCS can only have a single button pressed in "HOLD" state at a time.

So, to sum it all up:

Primary Trigger === RCtrl+Space === MG131s

Secondary Trigger === Space === MG131s+MG151s

Holding Primary Trigger and then pushing if further to the Secondary Trigger doesn't enable it's action (as it is busy executing the Primary Trigger's operation).

Can anything be done to make them work like when they're mapped in-game?

Thanks!

Edited by Belphe

Never say never, Baby!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just mapped the primary and secondary trigger on my warthog in game for MG131 fire and MG131/151 fire respectively and it works fine.

Or are you intending to use a T.A.R.G.E.T profile for other functions as well as trigger?

You could just remap the bindings in DCS so "Space" is MG131 and "Space+RCtrl" is both guns.

Edited by Keakaha

Thanks! For some reason, after enabling T.A.R.G.E.T. my combined input column for Warthog HOTAS in DCS was greyed out last time I checked and I was unable to map any buttons. However, it was OK now so I managed to do it the "old fashioned" way for the triggers.

I am using T.A.R.G.E.T. for pretty much everything else so I was hoping I would be able to keep the whole Dora mapping in a single T.A.R.G.E.T. file. Oh well... The issue this software is having is the fact that it cannot overwrite the currently depressed key with a second one unless the first key is released. As you know, the first stage trigger on the Warthog is not released when the second is getting pressed. This way I was stuck with 131 fire only and no 131 + 151/20 combo available. I tried releasing the 1st stage with a TARGET command prior the second stage which was delayed by 100ms (otherwise it was malfunctioning) but that 100ms was bothering me so I suppose your solution is better - I get instant fire from both guns as soon as I press my trigger all the way.

Thanks

Edited by Belphe

Never say never, Baby!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 7 months later...

mangaroca,

Try using DX1 for first stage trigger and DX5 for second stage trigger.

If I understand Keakaha correctly ED has setup the Dora to read those trigger commands natively. If that's what it's called.

I'm gonna try it tonight.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

Don't know why this post is in Dora section as it is not a Dora issue.

But, to anwser your question my Target script for this is :

MapKey(&Joystick, TG1, SPC);

MapKey(&Joystick, TG2, L_ALT+'w');

With T.A.R.G.E.T. Script, of course !

btw, i know that almost all keys and modifiers fonctions well with Target, but i feel strange with your :

Primary Trigger === RCtrl+Space === MG131s

Secondary Trigger === Space === MG131s+MG151s

As Keakaha said :You could just remap the bindings in DCS so "Space" is MG131 and "Space+RCtrl" is both guns. sound much better understandable.

But unfortunatelly, this doesn't work too. You are supposed to press SPC while you are already pressing R_CTL+SPC or vice versa.

Edited by Scoll
tested

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]