Mouse Pointer Escaping DCS in VR

Captain Orso

I'm not sure if this is a DCS issue or specific to the AV-8B, but I've only ever experience it in the Harrier.

If I look down to a switch or dial on the consoles and it is near the edge of my viewing field, and I then put the mouse pointer over said switch or dial and left-click and hold (for a dial) or either click (for a switch), very often nothing happens, and after this, although I can position the mouse pointer to other switches, and the pointer changed to the switch or dial hover-over icon, clicking or click-holding will not operate the switch or allow to drag-turn the dial. After a few tries, the mouse pointer actually disappears. Moving the mouse vigorously causes the mouse pointer to reappear.

Even worse, is that I've discovered that when this happens the mouse pointer has actually left the DCS World window and is on the desktop, so clicking is actually acting on icons and context menus on the desktop(!!!!). This is very bad. Very easily repeatable.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Thanks for the reply Kula. I'll try that. I always forget that DCS has some weird issues with whether it's actually full-screen or not. :thumbup:

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Yissss! Going to DCS-Full-screen fixed the situation :thumbup:

BTW: LAlt+Enter

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler