Navy AI units

VTJS17_Fire

Hi,

because the F/A-18C and F-14A+/B is in development, we need some more Navy assets in DCS. Razbam is working on some ships (incl. a LHA) which is very nice, in my opinion.

But for the U.S., we only have 3 ships at this time. The planned carrier DLC includes only two carriers (one american and one russian), as far as we know. We don't have other western ships, no subs, too.

I would also like to see an updated S-3 3D modell, as well as an AI controlled A-6 and EA-6. The modell of the E-2 is very nice, but it's the only modern looking AI navy united, besides the current AI Hornet. The Seaking modell (is it an SH-3, I don't have DCS here yet) is also outdated.

best regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi,

because the F/A-18C and F-14A+/B is in development, we need some more Navy assets in DCS. Razbam is working on some ships (incl. a LHA) which is very nice, in my opinion.

But for the U.S., we only have 3 ships at this time. The planned carrier DLC includes only two carriers (one american and one russian), as far as we know. We don't have other western ships, no subs, too.

I would also like to see an updated S-3 3D modell, as well as an AI controlled A-6 and EA-6. The modell of the E-2 is very nice, but it's the only modern looking AI navy united, besides the current AI Hornet. The Seaking modell (is it an SH-3, I don't have DCS here yet) is also outdated.

best regards,

Fire

I agree :thumbup:

I would love something like this..........

572e1-carrierstrikegroup.jpg

I would love to see naval A.i in action as well, but also A.i aircraft taking off on deck but we dream a dream :music_whistling:

Edited by WRAITH

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg

I'd love to see dcs move toward naval simulation.. even in well. Pearl harbor, wake island, etc. Supply ships could be the answer to naval units and the built in supply system

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

Hi,

best regards,

Fire

outside of the E-2D and the F/A-18C, any other Western Naval Units models would pretty much need replaced, (Tomcat will be replaced when F-14A/B nears release).

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Skate, do you think we will ever see a wide ranging effort to bring model details up to the appearance of playable units? Units like the s-3, f-117, submarine units, etc could all use the facelift of course.

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

A Arleigh Burke DDG and some 688/Seawolf/Virginia SSN has imperative to get USNavy carriers appropriate defence, not bad a Zumwalt, but others NATO ships (F-100, Tipo 45, Aquitanie, etc) by 3rd parties

A MH-60/SH-60s has other "imperative" to get apropiate ASW/ASuW fleet protection and and VERTEC suply operations

Oh please yes an Arleigh Burke destroyer is needed!

+ Henry J. Kaiser(T-AO-187) class fleet oiler and Los Angeles(SSN-688 ) attack sub.

There are also many significant Russian ships currently missing - such as: Udaloy class(Pr. 1155) large anti-submarine ship, Sovremenny class(Pr. 956) destroyer, Boris Chilikin class(Pr. 1559V) fleet oiler and Akula class(Pr. 971) attack sub.

I hope so! Naval units right now are just eye candy, except maybe the Kuznetsov for Su-33 players. Even then, it's certainly an afterthought. It doesn't help that the map doesn't exactly lend itself to naval warfare.

There are no naval bases, no navigable rivers for the speedboats, The bosphorus strait isn't modeled( even though it's the ONLY way any US units could actually be present..

Art Of The Kill:

• 1 year later...