F-15E?

JazonXD

Red has.....MiG-29 and the SU-33 & family can't hang with Eagles, Vipers, and Hornets? I do agree with the fact that blue needs more helicopters than an aged Huey. I still scratch my head at the fact that there is no module based of any number of Blackhawks or Cobras!

Red has.....MiG-29 and the SU-33 & family can't hang with Eagles, Vipers, and Hornets? I do agree with the fact that blue needs more helicopters than an aged Huey. I still scratch my head at the fact that there is no module based of any number of Blackhawks or Cobras!

Now remove all the high fidelity aspects of the Hornet, Mirage, Harrier and Hog. Then I can understand your argument. But as it stands there seems to be no way of improving it. The most advanced thing for the RED side we could realistically dream of is a MiG-23/29A. But this is off topic, sorry for that.

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D

I was told that RAZBAM was waiting on an air to ground radar to be implemented in the game which may be the case with the F-15E, I haven't seen any development information posted on this since months and for maybe a year now. I hope their contract doesn't expire with ED for the Strike Eagle... :(

yup this is the reason A/G radar that they are waiting on.

Same reason why Ab8b N/A was dveloped first and the Av8b + will be followed up in the future. latter also needing a A/g radar.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Correct me if I'm wrong. Thought the reason early tomcats had TF-30's was because the navy couldn't get out of the contract with Pratt and Whitney? The F-111 couldn't be made light enough for carrier op's, so the navy got out of that contract. However, the engines were on their own forms.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Thought the reason early tomcats had TF-30's was because the navy couldn't get out of the contract with Pratt and Whitney?

I'm quite sure that the contract wasn't the issue. It was simply a matter of no available alternative. At the time that these decisions were being made, there was no other available powerplant of a similar class (both in terms of thrust and configuration).

All the other potential options required a lot of R&D and the budget wouldn't allow for any expansion of the F-14 program. The argument was even harder to make to the politicians since the F-14A prototypes were hitting all of their contracted performance benchmarks (top speed, acceleration, cruise efficiency, loiter, etc).

So in the end, the program managers chose with their wallet and selected the only available engine that also looked totally satisfactory on paper....hind sight is 20/20.

-Nick

Grumman Tested at least 4 other engines while F-14A was in early production, none of them matches the TF-30 top speed, and that was a major thing.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

they had to put an extension on the F101 to fit it in the tomcat.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

I mean I can see the top speed thing being a relevant factor. I don't know all of the ins and outs like you guys all seem to, but from what I understand is that as a replacement for the F-4 as to fit the interceptor role it would need to have the top speed to leg it out in those types of scenarios.

You don't know how much I want F-15E in this game... Air to air won't be realistic because a2a missile kinematics are bad and will never actually be corrected by ED, even with the missile mod being posted here which is far more accurate yet they won't implement it for some unknown reason. Maybe because they would have to change radar scope ranges for missiles as well and they don't have the resources to do the research for that. As it stands now, both AIM-120 and R-27ER have insanely low range in DCS for what they can do IRL.

Having even the opportunity to fight in, drop bombs with set impact conditions (also require ED to implement weaponeering for bunkers and such rather than this bomb kills this target, which also will never happen), and fight out would be amazing.

You don't know how much I want F-15E in this game... Air to air won't be realistic because a2a missile kinematics are bad and will never actually be corrected by ED, even with the missile mod being posted here which is far more accurate yet they won't implement it for some unknown reason. Maybe because they would have to change radar scope ranges for missiles as well and they don't have the resources to do the research for that. As it stands now, both AIM-120 and R-27ER have insanely low range in DCS for what they can do IRL.

Having even the opportunity to fight in, drop bombs with set impact conditions (also require ED to implement weaponeering for bunkers and such rather than this bomb kills this target, which also will never happen), and fight out would be amazing.

Wags stated numerous times that they are/will be improving missile performance. It was said in a live stream long ago and there might be some posts on this forum as well. It's probably somewhere in a big pile of priorities.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

This has been discussed over and over, neither of us have the real stats, but to be fair i think that dcs missile are quite good regarding kinematics (although bad in other aspects). The problem is that everybody is so used to think thst an aim120 is a 40 nm range missile, that almost no one is able to put that value under perspective(just best case scenario, high altitude, supersonic,etc,etc)

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

I Agree they sold the AIM 120 as a wonder weapon and in Irak non manouvering targets required at least two shots to insure a kill... Ibelive that DCS has it closer to reality even thow specs might not match the "Constructors numbers"... in Real life scenarios I bet non of the missiles has over a 30% PK...but hey weapons manufacturers need to keep making money ;)

I'm sure that an aim120 under 20mn has well over a 30%pk, but i'm also quite sure that 30-40mn shots requires non maneoveuring targets to obtain a kill, so in that regard DCS is about right (at least much better than bms where amraam are almost undefeatable kinematically under 30 mn even turning around and going full burner).

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

Wags stated numerous times that they are/will be improving missile performance. It was said in a live stream long ago and there might be some posts on this forum as well. It's probably somewhere in a big pile of priorities.

I've heard for years since basically advanced flight model for missiles first happened that it will be fixed. The missile mod does the fix pretty well even though flight profiles aren't accurate, it has some actual thrust and drag models researched and associated with it, and it is good. I'm not expecting it to be fixed ever at this point.

Seeing the work done by Heatblur on the F-14 from the latest update makes me think they should be making the F-15E Strike Eagle a DCS reality due to the attention to detail they can bring to the flight model and art work as well as AI back seater.

Would Razbam ever consider handing the F-15E project to another 3rd party developer? Not that Razbam would not do the F-15E justice... But that another 3rd party developer has already ironed out a 2 seat aircraft with AI and amazing attention to detail to flight model and art work.

• 2 weeks later...

i read somewhere that it is on "hold"

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

Last Check it was On Hold awaiting A2G Radar API in the SDK.