F5-E BLACK SEA RESOLVE '79 Campaign

This campaign will test your A2A A2G skills and will try to cover a variety of missions in the late 70’s.

This is a complete 25 mission’s campaign with briefings and kneeboard inserted. Thanks to the guys at CombatFlite for the awesome mission editor tool. Also thanks to crazyeddie for the F-4-E skins. Last but not least. Thanks to my girlfriend for putting up with me for over one year and supporting me when needed and when I was close to drop this dead due to AI and such 

Feedback and criticism is more than welcome as long as we keep it civil. 

I tried to put a set-list that will be close to the late 70’s history but I had to work with the DCS constraints.

Download link here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1XR11xYvGPdBGA5lXyeObO4C6rpY9e4wH?usp=sharing

Extract here: C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Saved Games\DCS\Missions\Campaigns\en and install the F4-E skins.

BLACK SEA RESOLVE '79

April 25th 1978 the USSR Chairman Leonid Brezhnev fails sick and relinquishes the control of the Communist Party. The newly appointed Chairman, Yuri Andropov takes the reigns of the USSR but there is turmoil inside the Communist party. The party is torn between the partisans for the war in Afghanistan and the fractions against it. Andropov opposing the decision to have a military intervention in Afghanistan is losing support and in August 23rd 1978 a successful Coup d'état removes Andropov from Moscow. The country is torn and during this time on August 30, Ukraine declares its independence followed by the rest of the USSR regions.

15th October 1978 Georgia and Krasnodar declare their independence. In the following weeks the communist party is trying to regain control of the former Soviet Union. The 127th Motor Rifle Division seized Tbilisi and reinstates the Soviet leadership. The Division continues north towards Krasnodar but due to the long supply lines and the lack of support from the locals the advance stops before crossing the rivers Pshada, Afips and Bezeps

Under UN intervention,a cease-fire agreement signed on December 20 hoping for a peaceful resolve ofthe conflict.

The former Soviet provinces voice their concern to UN about an escalation of the conflict once the USSR troops resupplied and the weather permits. The UN agrees to maintain a peace keeping force in the region of Krasnodar and NATO forces are tasked to deploy.

The USSR declares that any foreign troops based on the territory of the Soviet Union are considered hostile.

The US president Jimmy Carter fearing a nuclear escalation of the conflict and having a low support after the Vietnam War orders the deployment of a small force formed from elements from 9th Infantry Division, 6th Cavalry AirBrigade and a MEU from 1st Marine Division.

For Air SupportUSAF is preparing 3 F-5E squadrons and 2 F-4E to support the ground forces. The first troops arrive by air at the end of January. Air and sea being the only valid supply route.

Your squadron is tasked to deploy at the beginning of March.

The OperationBlack Sea Resolve is about to begin…

Edited by SorelRo