fatal error in mission editing

gunterlund21

Has anyone noticed this error when saving missiions. This comes up every so often and when it does it literally wipes out your mission. Even if you try to do a save as it changes all the names of your units to a Dict0... There is no recovery other than making sure you save your mission after every update.

1593977461_fileerror.thumb.png.0c4cbd9ba501b204cfeec08e87f4509b.png

I was in Art of the Kill D#@ it!!!!

I use OneDrive too, for storing my missions ... but have not had that error. May I suggest to exclude the Missions folder from the AntiVirus action?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Has anyone noticed this error when saving missiions. This comes up every so often and when it does it literally wipes out your mission. Even if you try to do a save as it changes all the names of your units to a Dict0... There is no recovery other than making sure you save your mission after every update.
Either you don't have write permission to that folder, or it is not accessible (wonky connection to share or USB-Stick) or some other program blocks the file. Likely you opened the MIZ file in a ZIP-Tool?

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)