2.5.6 Mission Editor and Scripting changes not in changelog

Grimes

They inserted S_EVENT_DETAILED_FAILURE into id 17 on the 2.5.5 patch, everything after that got bumped up a digit.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Sorry, typo......this feature is indeed broken in the new update. No hold function for WP's.

Glad to see this is noticed

hope it gets fixed soon my precious missions are suffering so.....

prefetch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 7700K, Win-8.1(wufuc), DCSW OB, FC3, CA, PG-map, Syria-map, Normandy-map, WWII-assetspack, Bf 109 K-4, MiG-21bis, MiG-19P, Mi-8MTV2, BS2,

Glad to see this is noticed

hope it gets fixed soon my precious missions are suffering so.....

This bug broke all my missions. :-( I use the WP hold on mission start to phase in forces depending on certain triggers. Broke every one of them.

Paco

Thanks. trying to fix the four new Events in MOOSE. As the days go by we can leverage some of these changes, the static one is helpful, preparation for paratroopers and so many things.

The Tasking change.... I dunno how many years we have worked around RTB by respawning aircraft that its likely in so much code already I dont know if we can leverage it much :/

There's a lot of possible rewriting available.

For the Airbase ID thing, I didnt really understand what you said @sunski34

PARATROOPERS! :D Really? Hot damn!

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And a change to the mission task that is a workaround fix to a longstanding bug. Basically you know how AI wouldn't do the correct waypoint type or RTB to the correct base that you assigned when you assign a new mission task after the AI spawn? Yeah apparently the game needs to know that you are assigning it to an aircraft group, they can't automate the workaround so we have to add a parameter to the tasking.

That is great! I still cannot quite believe that this is working now, but it does. Thank you and kudos to ED :thumbup:

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss