Supercarrier Price

joojoo

Thank you for being generous to offer a substantial discount on a product that has been anticipated by many in the community Eagle Dynamics. It's a wonder that it has been offered upon first offering, for such a deep discount, with or without the pre-order Hornet additional discount).

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are not the same thing with different names. They were earned differently, they had different rules, which were clearly stated when they were set up, if ED Miles had never come along, you still wouldn't be able to use the old Bonus points for the carrier.

While they are completely two different programs, they were earned in the same manner. Usually using world wide accepted currency (i.e. US Dollar, Euros). There are equivalencies that could be made between programs as well but lets not pretend that I used Orens from the Witcher to previously buy ED products. If one bonus = 1 dollar/ruble/euro, and 1000 miles = 1 dollar, then logically 1 bonus = 1000 miles. Not sayin', just sayin'. There is a reason why older heads who provided support for the product in its infancy are frustrated with this approach.

The exchange rate isn't the same though. you got 20% in bonus points while now you get 10% in miles. Double the value, but in return you had to live with all the different conditions in which you could or couldn't use bonus points. This proved to be very impractical, especially for early supporters buying during the EA phase. Thats exactly why the switch to the miles system happened.

Everybody who bought a module participating in the old bonus program accepted the conditions so i don't see any reason to complain now.

Edited by spiddx

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

The exchange rate isn't the same though. you got 20% in bonus points while now you get 10% in miles. Double the value, but in return you had to live with all the different conditions in which you could or couldn't use bonus points. This proved to be very impractical, especially for early supporters buying during the EA phase. Thats exactly why the switch to the miles system happened.

Everybody who bought a module participating in the old bonus program accepted the conditions so i don't see any reason to complain now.

Then divide by 2. Human kind has figured out how to put an autonomous robot on Mars, I think we can figure out how to work PEMDAS. This isn't the first time this has come up and does not encourage customers to stay as long term buyers in this company as they are clearly undervalued.

Edited by Thump

There were way more conditions and intricacies in the old program than just the single percentage earned. It was just an example.

Anyways, this is what it says on top of the Bonus program conditions page in big red letters:

Attention!

On 1 August 2019 bonus system was replaced by ED Miles.

Bonus points can not be accrued any more and all existing bonus points will expire on 1 June 2020.

Bonus points cannot be exchanged for ED Miles or cash.

You can only spend the remaining bonuses on products released before August 1, 2019

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/bonus_rules/

It is what it is.

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

There were way more conditions and intricacies in the old program than just the single percentage earned. It was just an example.

Anyways, this is what it says on top of the Bonus program conditions page in big red letters:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/bonus_rules/

It is what it is.

I'm well aware of their policy and change in programs. I'm simply pointing out that it does not bode well for customer satisfaction and retention. What this change in programs does and how it was handled tells a customer is that it is FAR better to not buy anything, wait for a sale and protect yourself from the inevitable change in programs that will maximize your monetary value (as long term customers are not valued at the same level as new customers). Again, we aren't splitting the atom, we're working with long division at worst. And they hold the right to change the terms and conditions anyway, so why not do so in favor of your customer?

But as you say, it is what it is. There's just a reason behind the dissatisfaction.

Edited by Thump
Completing a thought without adding a new post

Players complaining over $5 LOL ... assuming you have the F-18

Just fyi I paid $19.40

Anyways here's too another unfinished Module that probably will take years to complete :thumbup:

Principle of the matter. I'm also guessing you're going to tip them $5 to prove you're ok with us taking the extra cost? In addition, purchasing the carrier only feeds their unrealistic reliance on EA. We will eventually have four modules in EA in the near future with the Hind and more on the way to unfinished product purgatory.

Edited by Thump

Principle of the matter. I'm also guessing you're going to tip them $5 to prove you're ok with us taking the extra cost? In addition, purchasing the carrier only feeds their unrealistic reliance on EA. We will eventually have four modules in EA in the near future with the Hind and more on the way to unfinished product purgatory.

+1

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language