Viper Manual Error reporting

NineLine

• 4 weeks later...

Not a bug, but a request:

I'm one of those that likes to print out my manuals, but everytime there's a revision, I have to print everything out instead of just the section that changed to keep my page numbers synced.

Can the page numbering move to a Section-Page number format instead of a straight-through numbering? That would allow me to only print out the section of the manual that changed instead of the whole thing.

I know it's minor but it makes sense to me. :)

Mod feel free to Delete if not appropriate place, but wanted to give feedback and make the request.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter:

HANDS-ON CONTROLS (HOTAS)

STICK

Page 38

[ORIGINAL]

TRIM Button. Positioning the button forward and aft trims the aircraft nose up and nose down.

[sHOULD BE]

TRIM Button. Positioning the button forward and aft trims the aircraft nose down and nose up.

• 4 weeks later...

Pg 102:

Step 3 & 5 (Both indicate same step) - AR Status Lights: Description indicates direct communication with refueling crew. This should be referencing Hot Mic switch on Comms panel as separate step. Image shows Disconnect lights instead of Lighting panel.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
p. 47

Bearing / Distance to Bullseye

should be 'from Bullseye'.

In March 2020 version, this is misstated on pages 50, 114 and 157.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

P223 March 2020 version says 'circle' 3 times in the RWR section when it should be 'diamond'.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Not a typo, per-se, but missing from Procedures:

Page 77 Cold Start:

1:No mention of Chocks

Ensure Chocks are in.

( These should ideally be in by default, but I note that they are not, at least in the Cold & Dark mission ). Failure to do so may startle the unwary.

18: HUD Control Panel; As Desired.

No mention is made here of needing to turn on the HUD display with the ICP Symbology Intensity Knob.

24: Engine Sec Mode. Before "d) Throttle - Snap to MIL..."

Chocks should be in by now. Also for step 31: Increasing the throttle even 10% may move the aircraft if chocks are not in.

• 2 weeks later...

Typo page 46. Heading reads MULITFUCTION displays (MFD)

Modules NOT currently in my hanger

Yak 52/F-14 Tomcat/CE II/Mig-19/I-16/FW-A-8/JF-17/Supercarrier

My system:

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 mobo

3.5 GHz Intel Core i5 4690k

H100i CPU Cooler

16 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 Hyper X Fury Red

MSI GTX980ti GPU

EVGA 850W PSU

Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD

128gb Plextor M.2 storage (Boot Drive)

Windows 10 X64 Professional