multicrew.. any NEWS or future plans for upcoming DCS aircraft or existing modules

hannibal

heatblur did an outstanding job on the multicrew for the F14..

im just wonder what are DCS plans for anything multicrew related.

i remember hearing about the Huey and Hip having improved multiseat..

polychop as well..

I hope that there will be improvements in the multiseat front.. I look forward to the Mi24!

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

Mi-24 and AH-1, eventually, some day.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

Has there been any recent news on the progress on the BelsimtekF-4E? This has long been one of my favorite aircraft of war and was what my unit went to after FINALLY retiring the RF-101 Voodoo camera platform jets. The Phantom 2 tome is the epitome of Vietnam era jet aircraft. To be able to fly on in DCS World would be a dream come true.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]FW190 A8 • MiG 29 • MiG 15bis • MiG 21bis • F-14 Tomcat • AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL DCS: AJS-37 Viggen • Spitfire LF Mk. IX • F-5E Tiger II • M-2000C Mirage • Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst • Fw 190 D-9 Dora • F-86F Sabre • Su-33 • Su-27 • F-15C • Su-25T • A-10A • A-10C • P-51D • Uh-1H Huey • TF-51B

Has there been any recent news on the progress on the Belsimtek F-4E? This has long been one of my favorite jet aircraft and was what my unit went to after FINALLY retiring the RF-101 Voodoo camera platform jets. The Phantom 2 (to me anyway) is the epitome of Vietnam era jet aircraft. To be able to fly on in DCS World would be a dream come true. I’ve always been a fan of the Intruder too but since it was so specialized as a bomber or in its later version, the EA6B Prowler, I don’t see anyone attempting to add it to DCS World anytime in the foreseeable future. Might be interesting though since it had a crew of four!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]FW190 A8 • MiG 29 • MiG 15bis • MiG 21bis • F-14 Tomcat • AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL DCS: AJS-37 Viggen • Spitfire LF Mk. IX • F-5E Tiger II • M-2000C Mirage • Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst • Fw 190 D-9 Dora • F-86F Sabre • Su-33 • Su-27 • F-15C • Su-25T • A-10A • A-10C • P-51D • Uh-1H Huey • TF-51B

i remember hearing about the Huey and Hip having improved multiseat..

It was a planned feature for both of these modules, but both modules were moved from Early Access to Release with that feature missing. Last I heard, it's still planned, but honestly I don't care anymore.

Like you said, Heatblur did a fantastic job and they set a very high standard.

polychop as well..

It works, but not very well. Handing controls from the pilot to the network copilot feels completely broken every time I tested it. They say the network lag is too high, but honestly it feels as if I was flying with a different set of controls. In MP, the cockpit instruments are divided. Some can only be used by the pilot, some can only be used by the copilot. It's an okay-ish interim solution, but there's certainly room for improvement.

I believe the L-39 also has a working MP cockpit.

The C-101 does as well, but some crucial systems (TACAN, radio with SRS) aren't properly synced yet, or at least they weren't a few months ago (haven't tested since the latest patches).

All things considered, I think MP shared cockpits are a nice idea, but right now Heatblur are the only ones I'd put money on getting it right.

Handing controls that are broken in the first place from pilot to copilot and/or back being broken made my day rdlaugh.png

And apparently Belsimtek taught us patience... six years and the modules are still incomplete. Best thing about it is the fact that the hardest to fly modules don't come with proper training missions... trying to learn taking off and holding the thing into a hover while having to read up in the corner of the screen at the same time is grand cinema. But I'd probably wait another six years icon_redface.gif

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

trying to learn taking off and holding the thing into a hover while having to read up in the corner of the screen at the same time is grand cinema.

So I guess you didn't fly the Huey during Beta? The first version of the FM was so twitchy, that was interesting to fly. And there were no training missions at all; we had to go by EvilBivol's videos. Good times. :D

Has there been any recent news on the progress on the Belsimtek F-4E? This has long been one of my favorite jet aircraft and was what my unit went to after FINALLY retiring the RF-101 Voodoo camera platform jets. The Phantom 2 (to me anyway) is the epitome of Vietnam era jet aircraft. To be able to fly on in DCS World would be a dream come true. I’ve always been a fan of the Intruder too but since it was so specialized as a bomber or in its later version, the EA6B Prowler, I don’t see anyone attempting to add it to DCS World anytime in the foreseeable future. Might be interesting though since it had a crew of four!

Wagz on a podcast (Fighter Pilot Podcast I think?) mentioned it was on hold, pushed behind the F-16 and Mi-24 at least. Unfortunately we probably won't see the Phantom for many years I think. It's a real shame.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

I would really love to see the Phantom. It is beyond me why it has not been done . It is one of the most iconic fighters and has a long history. I would rather see it being pushed out than some of the other aircraft that is in the pipeline . I am sure though that we all have are own ideas on that and in the end its up to the developers to decide the road they want to take. I just hope to see a Phantom here someday before I die...

I would really love to see the Phantom. It is beyond me why it has not been done . It is one of the most iconic fighters and has a long history. I would rather see it being pushed out than some of the other aircraft that is in the pipeline . I am sure though that we all have are own ideas on that and in the end its up to the developers to decide the road they want to take. I just hope to see a Phantom here someday before I die...

The Phantom is coming.

When? Whenever it's ready, but ED has confirmed it will come at some point through a 3rd party (iirc)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Simming since 2005

My Rig: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming, AMD Ryzen7 2700X, G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200, EVGA RTX 2070 Super Black Gaming, Corsair HX850

So I guess you didn't fly the Huey during Beta? The first version of the FM was so twitchy, that was interesting to fly. And there were no training missions at all; we had to go by EvilBivol's videos. Good times. :D

Well I bought the thing when it became available, so I did. And I remember the lack of training missions - did them later anyway when they've been added. But all in all I didn't spend much time in the Huey back then, I still had an AMD rig and learning to fly a chopper at stunning single digit FPS is the true challenge. I fondly remember the whole DCS freezing up completely for up to 2-3 minutes by just a short burst out of that minigun or a peppering salvo from some rocket pods... back in the day, when CBUs actually did lots of damage - to the fps rdlaugh.png

I am so glad we have 2.5... years of waiting for that makes waiting for a TGP or VR improvements an utter joke luna-trcv.png

While we're at it, I was also looking forward to the F-4E a lot and didn't like the fact it was pushed back in favour of the Viper. But well, the later it comes, the better it gets as DCS as a whole evolves. Getting a proper multicrew without another real guy in the back will also be an essential thing there, Heatblur's just paving the way for it with Jester.

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Wagz on a podcast (Fighter Pilot Podcast I think?) mentioned it was on hold, pushed behind the F-16 and Mi-24 at least. Unfortunately we probably won't see the Phantom for many years I think. It's a real shame.

Many years seems a bit exaggerated. It is supposed to come after the F-16 and Mi-24. The F-16 is supposed to be released in Early Access this year and I think is is possible that the Mi-24 will follow next year. Given that work on the F-4E has already been done to a certain point (here and here) I think it is not totally unrealistic to expect the F-4E in 2021. This is my personal speculation, just to be clear.

The Phantom is coming.

When? Whenever it's ready, but ED has confirmed it will come at some point through a 3rd party (iirc)

Not a 3rd party anymore. The F-4E (as well as the Mi-24) have been the last two projects by Belsimtek before they were merged with ED, which causes both modules to be ED projects now.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Many years seems a bit exaggerated. It is supposed to come after the F-16 and Mi-24. The F-16 is supposed to be released in Early Access this year and I think is is possible that the Mi-24 will follow next year. Given that work on the F-4E has already been done to a certain point (here and here) I think it is not totally unrealistic to expect the F-4E in 2021. This is my personal speculation, just to be clear.

Not a 3rd party anymore. The F-4E (as well as the Mi-24) have been the last two projects by Belsimtek before they were merged with ED, which causes both modules to be ED projects now.

2021 seems optimistic to me, but even so it would technically still be "many years" if it's more than 1 year :P

They have to fix the netcode first. There are frequent synchronization issues between the RIO and pilot on the F-14 currently. But it's not Heatblur's fault. This issue is present with all the other multicrew capable modules. Only ED can fix it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh yeah. Great. Another fighter F-xx. How original.

Mi-24 is making slow progress but at least it is making progress. Rotorheads are waiting years between RW modules releases while we are seeing all the colors of F-00 to F-99 passing by.

We still don't have any F-xxx aircraft. I would love if we could get a F-104 or F-106!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Lol. Thanks for the correction QuiGon. Yes, I should have said F-000 to F-999.

Maybe by that time we will get one or two new choppers.

Finally someone who is chill and understands subtext :D

Tornado3 small.jpg

The new module projects by ED was put very clear from some tyme ago.... (F-16CM, Mi-24P, P-47, Mosquito FB, Me262 and carrier module).

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3735501&postcount=177

Our next marquee title from the Eagle Dynamics studio will be the famous F-16C multi-role fighter!

Work continues the deadly Mi-24P HIND

DCS: P-47D Thunderbolt, DCS: de Havilland Mosquito FB Mk.VI, and DCS: Fw 190 A-8 Shrike

These three of these aircraft are well underway

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3735501&postcount=178

Ships

we are also working on a separate Nimitz-class aircraft carrier module. a detailed and operable LSO and Air Boss stations, detailed modeling of the hangar, animated deck crew, briefing room, and control of the carrier

F-4E, AH-1 and Me262 coming follow.... the Me262 has in progress by Yo-Yo

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3809007&postcount=265

Multicrew is not all that useful when flying solely in SP, in my humble opinion at least. And since that is the majority of the playerbase, I guess it's just a feature for a module just like -for instance- a TGP is.

Edited by dawgie79