It time to buy.... (question)

Axel40

....so I did:)

I think I've just been waiting until I thought it was ready etc. I still have an hour to go on the download though.

Righty ho, I obviously have a few questions so here I go:

I have a X52 pro and I'm looking for an up to date profile, Track IR is broken so I need one with views. I did search and found a few but these are old and made for the BETA. Would these still be OK?

If and when I find a profile I read somewhere that I have to delete all the default key set up's in the game for the x52 and save that under a different name or I get conflicts while using the SST software, is that the right way of doing things?

Cheers for any help gents and anything I should know straight off the bat please? (apart from get another TIR that is ;)

There may be minor errors if the profile was made during beta. I'm not 100% sure if any standard keybinds were changed from late beta, but there were some changes that might affect the profile.

Deleting keyboard keys should not be necessary - indeed, doing so will make the profile unusable. However, depending on the profile you may need to remove certain things from the defaults for the stick, but assuming that the SST is working properly the presses should be intercepted and re-sent as keyboard presses before reacing DirectInput.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Ahh, OK that's cool.

I'll keep looking for a more up to date profile then. I'm pretty crap when it comes to setting these things up for myself so I have to rely on other peoples, guess I just want to fly instead of faffing around with setups :)

Thanks EtherealN, appreciated.

Any other input anyone, please?

I'm kinda in the same same situation, I'll be buying the game as soon as it comes out on Steam or when my joystick arrives, whichever comes first.

I was planning on using this profile http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=58484&highlight=X52+profile

with pov as the primary of POV3 (moving CMS to alt-POV3) and one of the unused rotaries as a zoom.

Now the fact that its an old profile dosent bother me because I was going to assign all the buttons myself in order to learn the joysticks software but looking at the keyboard command list Im at a loss about the right buttons to pick for POV.

thers so many of them, view left, view left slow, camera view left, camera view left slow, Cockpit camera view left. all that just for moving left. What do they all do? whats the difference? Is there a guide somewhere that explains button assignments? the manual just deals with the actual plane.

I know its a 6dof cockpit so there should be controls for moving the camera itself (cockpit Camera view maybe) and others to turn the head around but that still leaves alot of then unnacounted for.

Im hoping to move the pinky switch assignment somewhere else in that profile so that I can use the mode button, and maybe make one mode which is mostly camera and mouse controls for looking around and pressing cockpit buttons.

Oh well, whatever happens this should be interesting considering i'm pretty sure this is my first flight sim since microsoft combat flight simulator (1).

Jacks Profile is an excellent starting point if you have an X-52. I ended up changing half a dozen things to get comfortable with it, but over all its a great way to use your X-52 with the Sim. If you dont have one already I would also suggest a Track IR is going to help you get the most out of the sim.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

thers so many of them, view left, view left slow, camera view left, camera view left slow, Cockpit camera view left. all that just for moving left. What do they all do? whats the difference? Is there a guide somewhere that explains button assignments? the manual just deals with the actual plane.

Yep this simulator is overwhelming, but you have a great resource here - the community. Keep looking the forums if you need an answer on something.

But to address your question, view panning is accomplished with the numpad keys only. Under "View" category in Options->Controls you have these commands as "View <direction> slow".

Combined with right shift, the view rotates faster. With Right Control you have snap views that come back to center once you release the key, and with Right Alt you have snap views that dont recenter.