A few Newbie questions

Well, I just got the 109 for the Easter sale. It is a mighty satisfying airplane to do the basic stuff in. Takeing off and landing is a small miracle in themselves when you can do that in one piece! I spent my time crashing and burning a lot. :music_whistling: Helicopters are easier to fly in that area! Plenty of ammo and real destructive guns. Even the MG131 will rip a Mustang apart with two or three hits. A bit overpowered I think, but not a problem as long as I am not on the receiving end. :megalol:

Anyways, got a few questions, not sure if some of these are bugs or not.

1. When doing the quick mission "Take-off", the plane start with the throttle in the full-forward position, no matter what. (Warthog throttle fully open, or fully closed, HOTAS controls synchronized at the start of the mission in the options menu) Making this mission an instant failure.

2. Tracks NEVER playback correctly. I know sometimes DCS does this with other aircraft too, but even tough I managed a decent take-off, in the replay I always crash and burn.

3. I always start the mission with the pilot's view deep in the cockpit, almost as if I don't have a big parachute to sit on. Even tough I selected "gunsight view" in the options menu.

These things happen to the BF-109 only. It seems to me these are bugs. Are they known? Can I edit some LUA files to remedy these bugs?

Happy Flying! :pilotfly:

Yeah... you can raise and lower the seat. I did that. But I just thought it was a bit curious. It is not the most accesable aircraft in DCS but very rewarding when you can master it. Altough it is almost complete, it is none the less a bit anoying with all those little bugs.

And about the replays, I haven't had one succesfull replay yet. Time compression or not

Happy Flying! :pilotfly:

I just tried to replay a mission and it worked. I didnt speed up the time and didnt change anything with the view, and the replay was just like the previous flight. But I agree with you that all those little bugs can become annoying, although the 109 will soon be released, so some bugs should be fixed.

About the Take off mission, that's quite strange.

Did you crash an earlier one with throttle full forward?

I noticed, sometimes previous settings sort of "stick" in that mission.

Another thing, did you tick "Synchronize controls at startup" in the DCS settings?

(not sure of the exact wording)

That might help also.

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

Tracks are broken. They are on it.

About sight, you should map zoom options and use them, also check if you've changed default PoV and anyway you can change your default PoV and save it. Check forum for details, I can't remember the whole process since last time I tried.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice