Quick question about mission clocks...

Finbarr996

Hi there,

I'm a VR user and constantly find I'm losing track of time when playing - it would be cool if I could have the cockpit clock show the real world time so I don't have to keep jumping out or pausing to see what the time it really is.

I had a go at setting mission start time in mission editor, but it seems to keep defaulting to 08:00 regardless of what I do.

In the M2000C, I don't seem to be able to alter the clock in the cockpit in flight either.

Any thoughts about how to solve this would be helpful - thanks!

Fin.

[edit]

Okay - I figured it out. By editing the 'Mission Briefing', you can set a mission start time, simply sync that with real time (or offset by 12 hours if playing at night and you want to fly in daylight).

Job done.

Edited by Finbarr996

Well, it's about TIME you figured that out :music_whistling:

... *ahem* jk ... :punch: *auchi* :wacko:

You could also just open the status line display at the bottom of the screen, also in VR, with <LCtrl><Y> IIRC.

But that will only show you mission time (you're mission's start time + however long the mission has actively run.

But none of that will tell you the Real-World© time.

How about if the pilot had a wrist-watch. It could work kind of like the Kneeboard; press a key and it displays as a hand with watch coming up from the lower left, nor just the watch.

Have it show both Real-World© and in-game times.

I promise, within a week of introduction, we'll have at least a dozen mods for it:

Breitling for the Brits

Timex for the Yanks

Casio for the Japs (digital ofc)

Sturmanskie Gagarin for the Ruskies

IWC Pilot for the Krauts

and

Rolex Oyster for the Arabs

If I've forgotten anyone, sorry, I didn't have TIME to find more watch names :)

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

I think you can set the mechanical clocks in the clickable cockpits, and all the red clocks including on the FC3 aircraft have elapsed time timers that you could start and know from that how long you've been playing, and so what time it is ITRW

Cheers.

*awww* I was just getting all hyped-up about getting a watch :( ....

maybe for retirement :P

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Those are pretty cool. There's even some good as new to be found on E-Bay... but you can't see them in VR :(

ahhh well, I guess I'll be happy with my P-51D's Wakmann clock ;)

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler