Is they’re a way to do

I’m needing to see if there is a way. To

1) remove the pads from the 4pad farp item.

And if it is possible to change the green grass to a desert look?

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

x2

I'm looking to create my own custom FARP based off of the forward area refueling equipment (FARE) and CH-47 FAT COW refueling systems. I've managed to get the models in game as static objects but would like to add functionality to them with the end goal of allowing them to be resupplied via slingloadable rubber fuel bladders.

Looking through lua files i've gathered that i have to add the new FARP type to the db_units_misc.lua file; and that a new FARP could not be added like a new aircraft/vehicle/static object unfortunately. This seems to be the same case for warehouses and slingload cargo which i would also like to modify to add the fuel bladders. Upuaut has managed to add new cargo to the game but i don't think it will work without failing integrity check.

I hope ED can add a function similar to add_surface_unit for warehouses, cargo's and helipads.

Mike%20Wunder%20Helping%20US%20Army%20Ready%20Two%20Five%20Hundred%20Gallon%20Collapsible%20Fuel%20Drums%20in%20Afghanistan.jpg

MI8%20Russian%20Helicopter%20in%20Afghanistan%20Carrying%20Fuel%20Container%20to%20a%20FOB.jpg

t7Ag8lu.png

nYuLWD1.png

Edited by CharDee MacDennis

I’m confused what does this have to do with changing the part tiles?

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Well I think for your case you could replace the current FARP textures with sand instead of grass; but the pads are still part of the geometry and would require a new model if you wanted to remove them; and this is something i am currently trying to do so i thought i'd chime in and see if someone at ED can help :D

Thanks chardee for letting me know it’s possible now could you explain how o change the grass to sand?

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Here's a quick reskin i made by editing grass_n_4.bmp.dds in the buildings_sum.zip file located in C:\Program Files\DCS World OpenBeta\Bazar\Textures

I believe a better way would be to put the file somewhere in the savedgames DCS folder but i don't quite know the exact file location there yet. If there was a way to add new FARPs to the game rather than editing the existing ones i would happily make any kind you would desire as i think the legacy FARPs have not aged well and scenery variety is really important for missions :) .

KZLNwL5.jpg

Thanks I’ll try placing it their thru ovgme and seeit it works if not I’ll do it myself.. but ma be Saturday before I’m able

CharDee how did you edit ie what values of what variables

Edited by BlacleyCole

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB