TM Cougar MicroStick replacement

GreatWhiteHype

Hello all,

After many faithful years of service, I believe the microstick finally gave out. It is no longer responsive in the HOTAS CCP. The button still works though. I have read that the throttle can be taken apart and then taking some compressed air and cleaning it out may work.

First, Is there any other way to test that it is really dead?

Second, where can I find spare parts for the cougar these days? Foxy (Reddog) is no longer around. I wish I would have bought a bunch of spare parts years ago and held on to them. Dang it.:doh:

Thank you in advance for your replies. Take care.

Edited by GreatWhiteHype

Hello,

I’ve just purchased a microstick replacement, after contacting Guillemot here: https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/contact-en/

The cost was 29 euro including shipping to my country, the payment is trough PayPal ... it is a part that the user has to solder to a small pcb board that is inside the throttle .. I will recruit an electronics friend to help me with the soldering :)

I read about the compressed air, but since my Cougar is really old (purchased it on 2003), I prefer to do the replacement for a new part. I also purchased a throttle potentiometer (10 euro) to have as spare.

Cheers!

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thank you Rudel. I will try that link again. They gave me the run around a few days ago. It was the US Thrustmaster that wrote back to me and he gave me the same link. I told him to please forward it to the Europe office. We shall see. I watched a video about the replacement and I agree, I am going to look for a friend who is skilled in soldering. Take care.

Thank you Rudel. I will try that link again. They gave me the run around a few days ago. It was the US Thrustmaster that wrote back to me and he gave me the same link. I told him to please forward it to the Europe office.

Tough I initiated my support request trough their contact page, all further details were trough e-mail ... if the US office isnt working for you, perhaps you can try to e-mail directly to this e-mail: thrustmaster-english@guillemotsupport.com

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB