Stuttering when adding 1k monitor

I know this isn't flying related but it could translate to problems in game (I've not tested it yet).

I have an EVGA GTX 1080 ti FTW3 Hybrid card and I have a 32" 4k Acer Predator in one of the displayports. I have a sony TV at 1k that I want to plug in. This has to be plugged in by HDMI.

I have one HDMI slot on the card which the oculus rift is using. So i bought a cable with DP on one end and HDMI on the other, that way I can have the HDMI monitor plugged into on of the DP's on the card and keep[ the rift always plugged into the HDMI on the card.

I want to run my 4k monitor at 100% scaling for games. When I do this with both monitors plugged in my mouse is stuttering. If I change it to 150% (recommended) scaling then the stuttering goes away.

When I unplug my 1k monitor, there is no stuttering at all in either 100% or 150% scaling.

The issue seems to be scaling across 2 resolutions. Is there a fix for this?

My other option is to run the 1k monitor off a second GC - I have an extra EVGA GTX 680 Classified that I can plug in and run the 1k from. I've already done this and there was no stuttering at all on the 4k monitor at both 100% and 150% scaling.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG Rampage Extreme VI; i9 7900X (all 10 cores at 4.5GHz); 32 Gb Corsair Dominator DDR4; EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid; 1Tb Samsung 960 Evo M2; 2Tb Samsung 850 Pro secondary.

Oculus Rift; TM Warthog; Saitek Combat Pros.

Seems to have sorted itself out now. Don't know what I did to fix it but whatever it was worked!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG Rampage Extreme VI; i9 7900X (all 10 cores at 4.5GHz); 32 Gb Corsair Dominator DDR4; EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid; 1Tb Samsung 960 Evo M2; 2Tb Samsung 850 Pro secondary.

Oculus Rift; TM Warthog; Saitek Combat Pros.