Bugs, Known issues & Updates

gregzagk

Gas throttle not reacting

Yeah, I have this issue, but it's not specific to the ARGO campaign. You should post this in the uh-1h bugs section perhaps?

Yes, I checked it. It's not the campaign's fault. It turns out to be the case in every mission when starting up the Huey with a gas throttle. Will report this bug and others (raining/snowing into the cabin for example) that still exist in the newest update in the Huey section.

MSI H170M-A Pro with i5-6600K @ 3.5 Ghz, 16Gb DDR4-2133, ASUS GTX 1080 TI 11 Gb DDR5 352bit, Win10 Pro,

PUMA Flight Trainer, DCS 1.5, 2.5 open beta, UH-1H, KA50, Mi8-MTV2, Gazelle.

Have a safe flight !

You certainly mean 'Radar Altimeter', which is switched-on on the overhead panel, right ?

MSI H170M-A Pro with i5-6600K @ 3.5 Ghz, 16Gb DDR4-2133, ASUS GTX 1080 TI 11 Gb DDR5 352bit, Win10 Pro,

Have a safe flight !

Remember to turn the knobs beneath the meter for setting lower and upper altitude limits. If you don't the digits won't lit.

Have a safe flight !

Remember to turn the knobs beneath the meter for setting lower and upper altitude limits. If you don't the digits won't lit.

That's the ONLY thing I was doing right! LOL

Gonna fly the 3rd one today.

all the best,

Sydy

Thanks, will include the fix in the updated missions.

Greg

Hi Greg,

any estimation from your side when (all?) the mentioned bugfixes will make it into the next upate maybe? Some of them seems to be pretty much showstoppers for me at least, I don't really want to continue flying with a recepie for failure...

Hello, they should be in the next dcs update but which one is a showstopper?

They seem really minor and many reached to the final mission ;)

Greg

OK, I might have exaggerated for theatrical purposes. :music_whistling: :smilewink:

Just remembered Blackhawks flying a bit too close and so on... By the way, in the first mission I carved endleess cicrcles in the sky over harbour (within limits), and never knew if I need to keep on circling for any longer or already missed any trigger and could have been circling untill today without progress. In the second mission I hovered over the sub way below 60 feet for long minutes and nothing happened. Might be good to put some hint into the text what to expect, like "photo passes takes about 10 minutes" or "rescue will take about 5 minutes" to avoid uncertainity.

Just my constructive 2 cents, but still a very nice campaign, don't get me wrong. :thumbup:

Hi Greg,

any estimation from your side when (all?) the mentioned bugfixes will make it into the next upate maybe? Some of them seems to be pretty much showstoppers for me at least, I don't really want to continue flying with a recepie for failure...

Hi Greg,

Just to add some data. Just tried to fly the Mission 3. Right after the rendevouz with the choppters, one of the black hawks crashed into me while en route to the art. site... Tried to complete the mission but was without speedometer, radio altimeter, FM nor ADF radios... It was a show stopper for me... :joystick:

Well, gonna give it a try again...

I will keep you posted.

All the best,

Sydy

Hi Greg,

Just to add some data. Just tried to fly the Mission 3. Right after the rendevouz with the choppters, one of the black hawks crashed into me while en route to the art. site... Tried to complete the mission but was without speedometer, radio altimeter, FM nor ADF radios... It was a show stopper for me... :joystick:

I will keep you posted.

All the best,

Sydy

It's improved already. Distances etc. Should be available in the next update.

It's pretty random as it didn't happen to most of the players. That's why it's a minor issue and not a reproducable bug that stops the campaign from progressing.

Greg

Edited by gregzagk

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Hi Greg,

I will keep you posted.

All the best,

Sydy

During testing I flew the mission more than 10 times with out facing the black hawk issue.

Also I don't remember anyone from ED testing team referring to this.

So it must be pretty random but since Greg made changes to the mission I am sure that this problem will be fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

During testing I flew the mission more than 10 times with out facing the black hawk issue.

Also I don't remember anyone from ED testing team referring to this.

So it must be pretty random but since Greg made changes to the mission I am sure that this problem will be fixed.

I do believe you, but happened to some guys flying the mission 3. I just flew it again and I avoided some close calls from those Blackhawks. It was fun anyway, but being hit by AI is not nice.

Xh2Gv.jpg

2u4f1.jpg

Anyway, this is the way we have to help Greg to improve your product.

All the best,

Sydy

Edited by Sydy

I do believe you, but happened to some guys flying the mission 3. I just flew it again and I avoided some close calls from those Blackhawks. It was fun anyway, but being hit buy AI is not nice.

Xh2Gv.jpg

2u4f1.jpg

Anyway, this is the way we have to help Greg to improve your product.

All the best,

Sydy

I totally agree with you, feedback is very important and is always welcomed!

I am sorry that you had to re-fly the mission.

Maybe something during the updates triggered this strange event.

Thank you for your feedback. :-)

Again only a very minor mistake in the pdf briefing (Mission 14). Nothing serious.

In paragraph 2 the last sentence is: "Luckily we able to eliminate them all". Shouldn't it be "Luckily we WERE able..."?

As for the trigger events, I never encountered any problems in the last 13 missions - well done :-)

Edit: Also in mission 14:

The pdf briefing says: "We were ordered to puck the US teals team from the NATO Base and head towards the Batumi Airport"

Isn't it Kobuleti AB when reading the rest of the briefing and when watching the waypoints? Or did I misunderstood this? (I did not yet fly the mission). Before and after that message, it's always talked about Kobuleti AB.

Edited by rge75

Mission 15 needs some rework imo..

1.The flying with the other 3 choppers was really fun, going down low, terrain masking,

but after turning from factory to uav station, 1 apache and the blackhawk just smashed the ground..

aight, second try and flying a little higher ~500ft,made it not even to factory, the blackhawk crashed right into powerlines

thrid try i was going around 2000ft high just to make shure and they were still flying in "waves" up, down, up, down, up down.. I am really not shure if you could do anything against it, i think its just dcs AI :P

2. when turning from UAV station to SE to follow the river, close to the mountains, there is a junction where the river goes 3 different ways, would have been nice to have any kind of info which one to follow, like little voiceover "hey, follow the right one !"

3. The MI-26 took off and the voiceover/text said he is fleeing to South, but for me he was going to NW down the valley where the apaches went..

4. Minor to me, the voice overs at the end seem a little bit "robotic" like its not a natural conversation timingwise..

Thanks! Will check it out in the evening.

I think too that it has to do with the AI so will try to find an alternative to avoid any possible issues.

Btw congrats for reaching the final mission :)

Greg

Edited by gregzagk

Mission 15 needs some rework imo..

1.The flying with the other 3 choppers was really fun, going down low, terrain masking,

but after turning from factory to uav station, 1 apache and the blackhawk just smashed the ground..

aight, second try and flying a little higher ~500ft,made it not even to factory, the blackhawk crashed right into powerlines

thrid try i was going around 2000ft high just to make shure and they were still flying in "waves" up, down, up, down, up down.. I am really not shure if you could do anything against it, i think its just dcs AI :P

2. when turning from UAV station to SE to follow the river, close to the mountains, there is a junction where the river goes 3 different ways, would have been nice to have any kind of info which one to follow, like little voiceover "hey, follow the right one !"

3. The MI-26 took off and the voiceover/text said he is fleeing to South, but for me he was going to NW down the valley where the apaches went..

4. Minor to me, the voice overs at the end seem a little bit "robotic" like its not a natural conversation timingwise..

Just finished the mission. Didn't have problems with your first mentioned point.

2nd point

I already had problems to find the UAV (I thought it should be the "well known base" until I re-checked the briefing. Anyway, so I also flew following "one of many" rivers, hoping it was the right one according to the bearing. In the end, I indeed found the correct location, but it probably was pure luck - and due to my searching, I almost ended up w/o fuel at the end of the mission.

3rd point

I did not even see it taking off, so I can't argue on that.

4th point - I didn't notice that.

And an additional note - there's a slight typo at the beginning of the mission.

Spear: Spear1 at start upt procedure.

I suppose it should be start up (w/o the t).

Thanks, I tried to reproduce the AI issues but didn't get the same problems during my tests. Will keep trying though to nail it down.

Congrats again for reaching in the final mission :thumbup:

Greg

Hay Greg,

didn't see anything about Argo fixes in last Friday's update change log. Maybe next week? :helpsmilie:

Hello, they won't be mentioned in the patch notes as far as I know.

The files are sent to ED and they get them into their update batches.

Will check if they are already in otherwise I guess they probable be there on Friday. Thanks.

Greg