Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9 - Page 418 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-14-2018, 11:25 AM   #4171
RedBat07

Reputation power: 2
RedBat07 is on a distinguished road

Maybe even better its down,.. I have hard time concentrating on work when checking web page and growing gray hair!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RedBat07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 11:55 AM   #4172
SHaDoW STeP BG

Reputation power: 6
SHaDoW STeP BG has a spectacular aura aboutSHaDoW STeP BG has a spectacular aura aboutSHaDoW STeP BG has a spectacular aura about

Don't worry , we are loosing
Old 01-15-2018, 04:05 PM   #4173
lemoen

Reputation power: 3
lemoen has a spectacular aura aboutlemoen has a spectacular aura aboutlemoen has a spectacular aura about

Blue WON!

After some massive battles with hectic base defense from Red (Snowman, looking at you, well done!), Blue's bigger numbers where overwhelming in the end.

Can we please have a reset?
lemoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 06:37 PM   #4174
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Reputation power: 14
Ciribob is a glorious beacon of lightCiribob is a glorious beacon of lightCiribob is a glorious beacon of lightCiribob is a glorious beacon of lightCiribob is a glorious beacon of lightCiribob is a glorious beacon of lightCiribob is a glorious beacon of lightCiribob is a glorious beacon of lightCiribob is a glorious beacon of lightCiribob is a glorious beacon of lightCiribob is a glorious beacon of light

Map and sides are reset. Well done Blue, thought you were done for!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required!
DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord
Ciribob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 06:56 PM   #4175
Tholozor

Reputation power: 0
Tholozor is an unknown quantity at this point

Big shoutout to all the Blues who partook in recapturing Tblisi and Vaziani, that was a hard slog. Big props to Snowman for his absolutely relentless logistic defense.
Tholozor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 06:09 AM   #4176
MRaza

Reputation power: 2
MRaza will become famous soon enoughMRaza will become famous soon enoughMRaza will become famous soon enough

guys i am a bit confused in how radio freqs are set up...

i know that there are ATC and GCI channels on UHF, but how are interflight comms set up?

is there one frequency shared between all strikers, one for all helos, and one for all fighters?
MRaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 06:53 AM   #4177
lemoen

lemoen has a spectacular aura aboutlemoen has a spectacular aura aboutlemoen has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRaza View Post

i know that there are ATC and GCI channels on UHF, but how are interflight comms set up?

is there one frequency shared between all strikers, one for all helos, and one for all fighters?
You can change the frequencies on your radio, so organise between your flights which frequencies to use for special purposes.
Old 01-16-2018, 07:01 AM   #4178
dedde01

dedde01 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRaza View Post

Usually there aren't other freq, but if you want to communicate in other "unofficial" freq with a friend of yours or with someone who is cooperating with you for example, you are free to connect to another comm , but it's recommended to leave every time one channel in the official one (especially when you are approaching to an airfield or taking off from it, or if you have GCI online).

Sometimes can happen that the GCI itself organizes the situation by putting, for example, different types of aircrafts in different comms, when it's too difficult to have everyone in a single channel, only to improve radio sterility.

Mb: Asus PRIME Z370-A ; CPU: Intel Core i5 8600K @4.0 GHz ; GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX1070 8Gb ; RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 16Gb (2x8Gb) DDR4 ; DCS SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 256Gb ;
MONITOR: Samsung 24" 1920x1080 @60Hz ;
TrackIr 5; Thrustmaster T Flight HOTAS X; Turtle Beach PX22;

DCS MODULES: A10C Warthog ; F15C Eagle ; Mirage 2000k ; AV-8B N/A Harrier
dedde01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 01:36 PM   #4179
Qba

Qba is on a distinguished road

Hello fellow Blue Flaggers,

My and my squadron colleagues made few flights in Blue Flag recently (server testing for Round 10) and we enjoyed it very much, especially when AWACS/ATC was online. Among many servers available Blue Flag is the one with the biggest emphasis on realism and team effort in our opinion and it has definitely become our favourite one.

I just wanted to point out few comments and our ideas that might be worth Admins' consideration when configuring future Blue Flag rounds:

-Pilot lifes limit is the best idea ever, makes you respect your virtual life.

-EWR sites reports are very useful and create ad-hoc tasks for CAPs. It might be good idea to make them also report when bandits are no longer in given sector (useful when there is no human AWCS)

-Some aircraft types are available to both sides. It would be less confusing to have plane type available for only one side. If it's not possible, some kind of guide with skins photos would be helpful so we can do visual ID. Last time, flying F-5E I got tally on A-10 and was like "how do I know if it's friend or bandit?".

-Kill reports discussion from few pages before: they can be exploited to check if your BVR shot was successful and to check what kind of planes are around. So we are against them.

-Ultimately, having F10 map not showing your position would move us even closer to realism as theater awareness and ability to use your aircraft's navigation instruments are another skills that characterise good pilot - not only combat abilities.

Looking forward for more great flying.
Cheers!

Qba
VFA-313
Qba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 01:53 PM   #4180
lemoen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qba View Post
Hello fellow Blue Flaggers,

-Ultimately, having F10 map not showing your position would move us even closer to realism as theater awareness and ability to use your aircraft's navigation instruments are another skills that characterise good pilot - not only combat abilities.

Qba
VFA-313

In reality, people will duct tape a GPS / GLONASS unit into the cockpit if they have to. I certainly would. The F10 map with only you on it kinda simulates this idea.