Complete Transport and Logistics Deployment - CTLD

Yup from docs here https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD/blob/master/README.md#jtac-automatic-targeting-and-laser

"You can also change the name of a unit* (unit, not group) to include "hpriority" to make it high priority for the JTAC, or "priority" to set it to be medium priority. JTAC's will prioritize targets within view by first marking hpriority targets, then priority targets, and finally all others."

So as you say a unit name of:

Sam hpriority #1

Sam hpriority #10 etc

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

• 2 weeks later...
is there a way to get JTAC reaper to prioritize sam? i looked at script and can only see option to name a single group as priority.... what if there are multiple groups i want to prioritize?

Check this... I did an extension to use with CTLD. You have many more options for JTACs and ground groups...like smoking, illum etc and even call for CAS (IA)

Wasn't this script broken in MP? As in DCS crashes because of destroying a static..
You're the first person to report this so I'd be surprised if that's the case as we're destroying statics merrily on BlueFlag on 1.5!

Please let me know if you get any crashes and post a sample and logs so I can replicate :)

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Pretty sure i saw this mentioned in some other thread, i'll test asap if it still crashes the server.
Much appreciated :)

If anyone does have issues or bugs, please let me know here or it won't get fixed... :)

Still crashes, i assumed there was an issue with CTLD because someone else mentioned the same problem but then it's likely something on my end. Kinda pulled the script apart and automated the table building, if you can automate stuff why do it yourself right? Maybe something goes wrong there, used to work though.

-

If man were meant to fly he'd be filled with helium.

As soon as i unpack a crate i get this error:

00478.065 ERROR Lua::Config: Call error world.onEvent:[string "-- world events hook..."]:426: attempt to call method 'getPlayerName' (a nil value)

stack traceback:

[C]: in function 'getPlayerName'

[string "-- world events hook..."]:426: in function <[string "-- world events hook..."]:313>.

I think this is not a user script error, gonna be fun trying to find this one unless anyone has a clue?

-

00478.065 ERROR Lua::Config: Call error world.onEvent:[string "-- world events hook..."]:426: attempt to call method 'getPlayerName' (a nil value)

stack traceback:

[string "-- world events hook..."]:426: in function <[string "-- world events hook..."]:313>.

I think this is not a user script error, gonna be fun trying to find this one unless anyone has a clue?

Is that a blocking error as in a prompt comes up and are there any other scripts in the mission?

Thanks for testing! :)

Just tested on the CTLD test mission - all seems to work fine on 1.5 with no errors?

Test mission attached.

test-mission.miz

This error started appearing out of the blue at some point, i think it was on some 1.5.7 version, before that there was no problem. Well DCS crashes, no popup window and DCS continues like with a mission script error. Yes the mission i'm running is basicly 99.99% script and there are other server level scripts running. SLMod, Slotblocking, SRS.. sound familiar? :)

The error doesn't say 'Mission script error' or 'LuaNET error' so i wonder where it comes from. None of my scripts, nor CTLD, have that function at line 426 either.

-

This error started appearing out of the blue at some point, i think it was on some 1.5.7 version, before that there was no problem. Well DCS crashes, no popup window and DCS continues like with a mission script error. Yes the mission i'm running is basicly 99.99% script and there are other server level scripts running. SLMod, Slotblocking, SRS.. sound familiar? :)

The error doesn't say 'Mission script error' or 'LuaNET error' so i wonder where it comes from. None of my scripts, nor CTLD, have that function at line 426 either.

I'm away from this evening but if you can, just try the mission above and see if you get a crash or not just to rule out dcs issue in general.

I'll try to investigate when I'm back next week :)

If you don't, at least we know it's not CTLD but may be a combination of scripts !

I'd have to test that mission in the same environment, maybe in the middle of the night or otherwise somewhere this weekend i can (probably) test it without having to kick 20 player...

-

stack traceback:

Thats an slmod caused error since its called from slmod code. I need to narrow it down and squash it.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Great! (that we know the source of the issue) Not sure i'm on the very latest version of SLMod, now on 7.5 but iirc i think i've seen a version 7.6 some time ago.

E: @Grimes, if you need logs or see the issue in action or anything just let me know

Edited by Coug4r

-

It wasn't making my game crash at all, it was just a harmless (relatively) lua error which slmod suppressed. I made a quickfix. If its still crashing your server I would disable slmod to at least rule that out before moving on to other scripts. Perhaps give us the mission file to see if we can reproduce the problem on any of our own systems.

https://github.com/mrSkortch/DCS-SLmod/tree/develop/Scripts

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Thank you! Now it crashes already when spawning a crate (Stinger) with a different although similar error:

00440.816 ERROR Lua::Config: Call error world.onEvent:[string "-- world events hook..."]:430: attempt to call method 'getGroup' (a nil value)

stack traceback:

[C]: in function 'getGroup'

[string "-- world events hook..."]:430: in function <[string "-- world events hook..."]:313>.

I'll do some more digging here later on. Noticed that this is coming from slmodevents.lua so i should be able to find what's going on. Maybe it's mist using wrong ID's, no clue yet but i'll check. Thanks for the help!

-

My bad.. looks like i found the issue, i've also modified the slotblock script slightly and was doing some debugging some time ago. Either i had to remove a function or put it in the slotblock namespace so now i removed it and it's all peachy again. Thanks for the help anyway!

hMGa6jH.jpg

giwI27x

-

Glad to hear it's all working :)

• Like 1

New version of the CTLD Script v.1.71

Make sure you have the latest MIST !

Change log:

• Improvements for JTAC Search Speed (more efficient LUA)
  • Better Priority Logic - hpriority, priority etc
  • Extra Status report in f10 for JTAC - list number of unit types visible
  • Added ability to set maximum group size per aircraft that can be loaded

Looks like I actually didnt update Master on Github with these changes... there now :)

Added ability to set maximum group size per aircraft that can be loaded

Just add the exact unit name (can be obtained from the mission file in the .miz if you extract it)

if a group is too large to fit, an error is shown when trying to load troops

Any templates that are on the F10 are also automatically filtered out.

This part isnt yet added to GITHUB readme

Look for the part below in the CTLD.lua and edit - then add to your mission :)

Example below limits all types of Gazelle to only 4 units

-- ************** Maximum Units SETUP for UNITS ******************

-- Put the name of the Unit you want to limit group sizes too
-- i.e
-- ["UH-1H"] = 10,
--
-- Will limit UH1 to only transport groups with a size 10 or less
-- Make sure the unit name is exactly right or it wont work

ctld.unitLoadLimits = {

-- Remove the -- below to turn on options
    ["SA342Mistral"] = 4,
    ["SA342L"] = 4,
    ["SA342M"] = 4,

}

Please see Readme and Github for latest code and how to use

Link:https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD

Examples:http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2621619

As always, please let me know if you have any issues or suggestions!

*** FOR 1.5 or 2.0: Make sure all human players are in separate groups / flights ***

Is there a way at this point to set or otherwise place extractable troops onto a ship?
You can directly add a group by just placing them on the deck of the ship by trial and error, and add their group name to the extractable groups list for pickup.

Or

You can add the ship name to the ships list in CTLD, then the ship becomes an actual pickup zone!

You can also stick a normal pickup zone over a ship, but if it moves, the zone will stay where you left it, so the second option is probably best