DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - Page 181 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-09-2018, 07:47 PM   #1801
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Reputation power: 14
Ciribob is a glorious beacon of lightCiribob is a glorious beacon of lightCiribob is a glorious beacon of lightCiribob is a glorious beacon of lightCiribob is a glorious beacon of lightCiribob is a glorious beacon of lightCiribob is a glorious beacon of lightCiribob is a glorious beacon of lightCiribob is a glorious beacon of lightCiribob is a glorious beacon of lightCiribob is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaD CrC View Post
OK, thanks. It is nice to know this LOS feature is more than a 0/1 logic and you do take into account the Fresnel effect. I guess we have to run a specific test session for this. The environment of our last mission was not very favorable to radio transmissions as we had to fly deep and low to avoid being shot by the Osa units sitting on top of some mountains.
No worries

Not sure of the easiest way to test really, I guess side by recordings with Comms and a TacView?

I've tested by simulating the values but I'd really appreciate any pilot input as I've just done it on gut feeling really as I can't find any hard numbers.

I did used to work in radio transmissions for internet, and radios are really a black art. They never go where you'd expect! You can get some amazing unexpected reflections but simulating that is a step too far

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required!
DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord
Ciribob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:21 AM   #1802
Wingmate

Reputation power: 0
Wingmate is on a distinguished road

Hi Ciribob,

I've been trying to get SRS set up for my group but have been running into a strange issue with the server. When I launch the server I get a windows error saying that the program has stopped working and windows will close the program, if I click on the close program button or x out of the error window I will get about a minute before the server actually closes, in this time I am able to click on all the buttons and change settings that are then saved. The only hing I have not been able to do in this minute or so is to get a client to connect to it. I am running Windows 10.

The server logs are below and are from a newly downloaded and clean reinstalled, install.

Code:
2018-01-10 17:02:55.1534 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.Network.ServerState | Unable to read banned.txt System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'E:\Program Files\DCS-SimpleRadio-Standalone\banned.txt'.
File name: 'E:\Program Files\DCS-SimpleRadio-Standalone\banned.txt'
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding)
   at System.IO.File.InternalReadAllLines(String path, Encoding encoding)
   at Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.Network.ServerState.PopulateBanList() 
2018-01-10 17:02:55.1939 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.Network.ServerSync | Server Listen error: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)
   at Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.Network.ServerSync.StartListening() 
2018-01-10 17:02:55.1939 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.UI.MainWindow.MainViewModel | DCS-SRS Server Running - 1.4.5.0 
2018-01-10 17:02:55.2109 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.Network.TCPVoiceRouter | VOIP Listener INIT 
2018-01-10 17:02:55.2574 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.Network.TCPVoiceRouter | VOIP Listener Binding to 50021 
2018-01-10 17:03:03.6185 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Common.UpdaterChecker+<CheckForUpdate>d__2 | Running Latest Version: 1.4.5.0 
2018-01-10 17:03:04.0805 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.Network.TCPVoiceRouter | VOIP Listener Shutdown Requested
I have created a banned.txt and it solved the first error message about it not being present but that was it.

Any insight into this would be appreciated.

Thanks
-Josh
Wingmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:50 AM   #1803
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Reputation power: 14
Ciribob is a glorious beacon of lightCiribob is a glorious beacon of lightCiribob is a glorious beacon of lightCiribob is a glorious beacon of lightCiribob is a glorious beacon of lightCiribob is a glorious beacon of lightCiribob is a glorious beacon of lightCiribob is a glorious beacon of lightCiribob is a glorious beacon of lightCiribob is a glorious beacon of lightCiribob is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingmate View Post
Hi Ciribob,

I've been trying to get SRS set up for my group but have been running into a strange issue with the server. When I launch the server I get a windows error saying that the program has stopped working and windows will close the program, if I click on the close program button or x out of the error window I will get about a minute before the server actually closes, in this time I am able to click on all the buttons and change settings that are then saved. The only hing I have not been able to do in this minute or so is to get a client to connect to it. I am running Windows 10.

The server logs are below and are from a newly downloaded and clean reinstalled, install.

Code:
2018-01-10 17:02:55.1534 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.Network.ServerState | Unable to read banned.txt System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'E:\Program Files\DCS-SimpleRadio-Standalone\banned.txt'.
File name: 'E:\Program Files\DCS-SimpleRadio-Standalone\banned.txt'
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding)
   at System.IO.File.InternalReadAllLines(String path, Encoding encoding)
   at Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.Network.ServerState.PopulateBanList() 
2018-01-10 17:02:55.1939 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.Network.ServerSync | Server Listen error: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)
   at Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.Network.ServerSync.StartListening() 
2018-01-10 17:02:55.1939 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.UI.MainWindow.MainViewModel | DCS-SRS Server Running - 1.4.5.0 
2018-01-10 17:02:55.2109 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.Network.TCPVoiceRouter | VOIP Listener INIT 
2018-01-10 17:02:55.2574 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.Network.TCPVoiceRouter | VOIP Listener Binding to 50021 
2018-01-10 17:03:03.6185 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Common.UpdaterChecker+<CheckForUpdate>d__2 | Running Latest Version: 1.4.5.0 
2018-01-10 17:03:04.0805 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.Network.TCPVoiceRouter | VOIP Listener Shutdown Requested
I have created a banned.txt and it solved the first error message about it not being present but that was it.

Any insight into this would be appreciated.

Thanks
-Josh
The error is that the server port is in use, so something else is already on 5002 or 5003

Try editing the server.cfg file and picking a higher port like 5012 and trying again

If you use 5012 you also need to open 5013 as SRS always uses two ports, one above the one set in the cfg file and the one set in the cfg file

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required!
DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord
Ciribob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 01:27 AM   #1804
Wingmate

Reputation power: 0
Wingmate is on a distinguished road

That worked.

Thank you very much.
-Josh
Wingmate is offline   Reply With Quote