Creating Mi-8 module for DCS-BIOS - Page 5 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-13-2017, 09:46 AM   #41
molevitch

Reputation power: 13
molevitch has a spectacular aura aboutmolevitch has a spectacular aura aboutmolevitch has a spectacular aura aboutmolevitch has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturDCS View Post

Sorry, I have never done anything Arduino related. I wish I could help. I guess you have to post your question to some DCS-BIOS & Arduino related thread or direct others to this thread.
I have created DCS-BIOS profiles and we use DCS-BIOS heavily in DCSFlightpanels but thats about it..
Thanks for your super-speedy reply!

Ah, ok, shame... But it looks like I might be on the right track, no? Ok, so your code is for communicating with Saitek panels.... But in principle, you are able to make the Saitek panel as an Arc-9 dial give discrete frequency values to DCS, as opposed to Increade/Decrease commands, as if by mouse clicks in cockpit?

Thank you for your reply, I will try posting to the DCS-BIOS pages too.

Molevitch

Mi-24 Cyclic and Collective with Magnetic Brakes and Force Feedback
Mag Brake in operation
molevitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 10:49 AM   #42
ArturDCS

Reputation power: 5
ArturDCS will become famous soon enoughArturDCS will become famous soon enough

Do you know how to use the DCS-BIOS Control Reference Page?
If you look there you will see there are no such hooks or controls (discrete). You have to move up/down for the ARC-9, Main 10kHz Rotary Knob and ARC-9, Main 100kHz Rotary Knob.

DCSFlightpanels does just that, but as you set the frequency on the Saitek Radio Panel (discrete) and press "Change button" on the panel DCSFlightpanels keeps track of the cockpit frequency and manipulates accordingly the rotaries up/down until the frequencies match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by molevitch View Post
Thanks for your super-speedy reply!

Ah, ok, shame... But it looks like I might be on the right track, no? Ok, so your code is for communicating with Saitek panels.... But in principle, you are able to make the Saitek panel as an Arc-9 dial give discrete frequency values to DCS, as opposed to Increade/Decrease commands, as if by mouse clicks in cockpit?

Thank you for your reply, I will try posting to the DCS-BIOS pages too.

Molevitch
Old 12-13-2017, 12:11 PM   #43
molevitch

molevitch has a spectacular aura aboutmolevitch has a spectacular aura aboutmolevitch has a spectacular aura aboutmolevitch has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Do you know how to use the DCS-BIOS Control Reference Page?
If you look there you will see there are no such hooks or controls (discrete). You have to move up/down for the ARC-9, Main 10kHz Rotary Knob and ARC-9, Main 100kHz Rotary Knob.

DCSFlightpanels does just that, but as you set the frequency on the Saitek Radio Panel (discrete) and press "Change button" on the panel DCSFlightpanels keeps track of the cockpit frequency and manipulates accordingly the rotaries up/down until the frequencies match.
I have literally only yesterday started to read the DCS-BIOS pages in any detail. Now that I might have an actual need for it, I am trying harder!

I am trying to puzzle out a way the mechanical rotary can work to do the "push button A if turned clockwise, push button B if turned anticlockwise" like a digital rotary encoder. But I cannot. Maybe theres a way.

Or, each switch position is equal to a freq. eg Switch 2 on 1kHz knob = freq 20 kHz. So I need to work out how to tell that to DCS. If I can do that, great, with a Bodnar button board.... I will keep reading the Control reference pages, and figuring.

So an Arduino clone is on its way, something new to learn.

But you say you know nothing about Arduino. I thought DCS-BIOS works only through Arduino. But your DCSFlightPanels interfaces between a Saitek box, and DCS.

Mag Brake in operation
Old 12-13-2017, 02:26 PM   #44
ArturDCS

Yes, DCS-BIOS is made up of several projects. The main project from my point of view is the one that exports of data from the simulator engine.
You will have to make sketches that interpret the same data that I deal with in DCSFlightpanels. It is supposed to be quite easy once you have one foot through the door. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by molevitch View Post
I have literally only yesterday started to read the DCS-BIOS pages in any detail. Now that I might have an actual need for it, I am trying harder!

I am trying to puzzle out a way the mechanical rotary can work to do the "push button A if turned clockwise, push button B if turned anticlockwise" like a digital rotary encoder. But I cannot. Maybe theres a way.

Or, each switch position is equal to a freq. eg Switch 2 on 1kHz knob = freq 20 kHz. So I need to work out how to tell that to DCS. If I can do that, great, with a Bodnar button board.... I will keep reading the Control reference pages, and figuring.

So an Arduino clone is on its way, something new to learn.

But you say you know nothing about Arduino. I thought DCS-BIOS works only through Arduino. But your DCSFlightPanels interfaces between a Saitek box, and DCS.

Old 12-13-2017, 02:44 PM   #45
molevitch

Quote:
Yes, DCS-BIOS is made up of several projects. The main project from my point of view is the one that exports of data from the simulator engine.
You will have to make sketches that interpret the same data that I deal with in DCSFlightpanels. It is supposed to be quite easy once you have one foot through the door. Good luck!
Thank you, fingers crossed and down the rabbit hole I go!

Mag Brake in operation
Old 12-13-2017, 02:58 PM   #46
ArturDCS

I forgot this. Here you can see how to install and use the DCS-BIOS Control Reference Page. First post.
Old 12-13-2017, 04:51 PM   #47
molevitch

Thank you again! Trying to puzzle it all out....

Mag Brake in operation
Old 12-24-2017, 10:00 AM   #48
molevitch

Well, I got the main rotator switch dial working so I am pretty sure the rest will be a piece of cake!

DCS-BIOS a fantastic piece of work! Brilliant.

Mag Brake in operation
Old 12-24-2017, 10:51 AM   #49
ArturDCS

Excellent, yes you will get it done.