Hawk Stops while taxiing - Page 7 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-10-2017, 09:34 PM   #61
Pman
3rd Party Developer

Reputation power: 14
Pman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingscotsman View Post
Hi Just had this problem, in 2.2.2, first hawk test, came out of parked move a few feet tested the brakes, and the froze on. This is not on line, just on local, Pc. Came out of that flight started again, no problem. New FM was great, early dawn Nellis thotoughly enjoyed it , thanks
Yeah and that is what we are finding and is making it difficult to fix, we have probably tried 30 fixes so far :/

We are continuing and will do until we get the fix

Pman
Old 12-11-2017, 01:14 PM   #62
Gianthobopixie

Reputation power: 0
Gianthobopixie is on a distinguished road

I got this last night on the Cold War Server Any idea when we might have a fix ? I could start up but couldn't taxi after a few resets it didn't stick but then stopped before runway and couldn't move.
Gianthobopixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 01:28 PM   #63
Pman
3rd Party Developer

Pman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianthobopixie View Post
I got this last night on the Cold War Server Any idea when we might have a fix ? I could start up but couldn't taxi after a few resets it didn't stick but then stopped before runway and couldn't move.
Until we ID positively what is causing this I have no ETA I am afraid.

The codebase for the Hawk EFM and the P-40 EFM is the same code base and the P-40 does not suffer from this bug.

So for the moment we have reported it to ED and continue to bug hunt but that is about as much as I can tell you I am afraid

Pman
Old 12-11-2017, 10:34 PM   #64
flyingscotsman

Reputation power: 10
flyingscotsman is a jewel in the roughflyingscotsman is a jewel in the roughflyingscotsman is a jewel in the roughflyingscotsman is a jewel in the roughflyingscotsman is a jewel in the roughflyingscotsman is a jewel in the rough

No problem plan, just reporting it, a fix will be found at some point I’m sure. Thanks
flyingscotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 12:46 AM   #65
Buzzles

Reputation power: 16
Buzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pman View Post
Until we ID positively what is causing this I have no ETA I am afraid.

The codebase for the Hawk EFM and the P-40 EFM is the same code base and the P-40 does not suffer from this bug.

So for the moment we have reported it to ED and continue to bug hunt but that is about as much as I can tell you I am afraid

Pman
Just fyi:
"They share the same code and one is working, therefore the problem can't be in there" is a trap I've fallen into on occasion
Buzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 08:57 AM   #66
Pman
3rd Party Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzles View Post
Just fyi:
"They share the same code and one is working, therefore the problem can't be in there" is a trap I've fallen into on occasion
Its something we have spent quite alot of time trying to figure out

About the best clue we have at the moment - to be open about it - is that even with all forces removed from the aircraft the AoA shown in the F2 view is still a massive negative number when spawning (when the bug occurs) when wind is in the mission.

That is after we have removed the effect of all forces on the aircraft.

We are continuing to try and troubleshoot the issue

Pman

Last edited by Pman; 12-12-2017 at 09:20 AM.
Pman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 02:09 PM   #67
Auntystatic

Reputation power: 1
Auntystatic is on a distinguished road

Dear Pman,
Thanks for all you an the teams work on getting the Hawk back to normal flight conditions, with the recent news of 1.5 being unsupported in a few weeks as 2.5 comes out I don't think you should waste time doing anything else on 1.5.

As we don't yet have access to 2.5 as users we don't know yet if these problems are going to still be with us but I'm sure as developers you must have some sort of 2.5 access to try / test these issues, so personally as a customer / user I'm saying forget 1.5 and just do 2.5 I hope all my fellow users would agree with me on this point, heres hoping

Thanks
Danielle
Auntystatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 02:16 PM   #68
shagrat
ED Translator

Reputation power: 49
shagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntystatic View Post
Dear Pman,
Thanks for all you an the teams work on getting the Hawk back to normal flight conditions, with the recent news of 1.5 being unsupported in a few weeks as 2.5 comes out I don't think you should waste time doing anything else on 1.5.

As we don't yet have access to 2.5 as users we don't know yet if these problems are going to still be with us but I'm sure as developers you must have some sort of 2.5 access to try / test these issues, so personally as a customer / user I'm saying forget 1.5 and just do 2.5 I hope all my fellow users would agree with me on this point, heres hoping

Thanks
Danielle
^this! 100%

Though I am pretty sure with 2.2 Openalpha most of the new version is already covered.
Remember Wags saying the modules will be copied from 2.2...

- Flying Sims since 1984 -
Win 10 | i5 7600K@4.2GHz | 32GB | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat
TM HOTAS Warthog
custom build extension | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs |
a hand made UFC and an AHCP
shagrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 02:42 PM   #69
joey45
Veteran

Reputation power: 174
joey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagrat View Post
^this! 100%

Though I am pretty sure with 2.2 Openalpha most of the new version is already covered.
Remember Wags saying the modules will be copied from 2.2...
Probably most modules and core stuff will be updated in the process.
"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."
It's not the Devs that destroy games it's the communities that control it.
Please send all hate mail to No11
Version 1 of my Harrier liveries are up and a load of other fantastic ones.
joey45 is offline   Reply With Quote