Forrestal Development Update: Deck Crew WiP! - Page 14 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-12-2017, 05:57 PM   #131
boedha68

Reputation power: 7
boedha68 has a spectacular aura aboutboedha68 has a spectacular aura aboutboedha68 has a spectacular aura aboutboedha68 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by addde View Post
Yea as per link 2 he wrote road to release in the next week or two. That was 12 Days ago, so hopefully sometime this week!
Old 12-12-2017, 06:02 PM   #132
Silver_Dragon
ED Translator

Reputation power: 49
Silver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Silver_Dragon

I think the lack of news about the Forrestal carrier, ground crew and carrier operations will be Heatblur wait to ED carrier improvement and futntionality before put them into your units. Surely after the F/A-18C release.

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893
DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=104115
21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/
Silver_Dragon Youtube
Spanish 4Th Perrus Squadon Member: http://www.4thperrus.com
Silver_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 06:36 AM   #133
BlackLion213

Reputation power: 9
BlackLion213 is just really niceBlackLion213 is just really niceBlackLion213 is just really niceBlackLion213 is just really niceBlackLion213 is just really niceBlackLion213 is just really niceBlackLion213 is just really niceBlackLion213 is just really niceBlackLion213 is just really niceBlackLion213 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Idea Hat View Post
I'm getting very good at the Aerosoft F-14 (on FSX, so added level of annoyance), so here's to hoping some of what I'm learning transfers over.
Yes, time in the AS F-14 will give you a head start, especially in terms of basic systems (interpreting displays, basic controls, etc). Also, the AS Block 90 F-14A gives you some idea as to handling, but the Heatblur version is so much deeper and more nuanced. For example, I haven't flown the AS one for at least 6 months, but I remember it wing-rocking any time above 20 units (or so) AOA. With the Heatblur FM, things like wing-rock are highly dependent on stores (like the AIM-54 pallets in particular) and whether or not you elicit the rock with sideslip. If the aircraft is clean and light, you don't see it much, but breaking into an opponent at 20K' after launching your AIM-54s - it'll probably be there if you build up too much AOA (again 20-25+ units). Same with the landing behavior, so much depth and subtle variation based on loads, control inputs, stores, etc. It is simply fascinating to fly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Dragon View Post
I think the lack of news about the Forrestal carrier, ground crew and carrier operations will be Heatblur wait to ED carrier improvement and futntionality before put them into your units. Surely after the F/A-18C release.
Well, not really. The Heatblur CV-59-62 will gain functionality as ED adds features to the DCS carriers, but its more about the art-team being fully devoted to the F-14 artwork at this time.

-Nick
BlackLion213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 10:01 AM   #134
1stBEAST

Reputation power: 6
1stBEAST will become famous soon enough1stBEAST will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLion213 View Post
Yes, time in the AS F-14 will give you a head start, especially in terms of basic systems (interpreting displays, basic controls, etc). Also, the AS Block 90 F-14A gives you some idea as to handling, but the Heatblur version is so much deeper and more nuanced. For example, I haven't flown the AS one for at least 6 months, but I remember it wing-rocking any time above 20 units (or so) AOA. With the Heatblur FM, things like wing-rock are highly dependent on stores (like the AIM-54 pallets in particular) and whether or not you elicit the rock with sideslip. If the aircraft is clean and light, you don't see it much, but breaking into an opponent at 20K' after launching your AIM-54s - it'll probably be there if you build up too much AOA (again 20-25+ units). Same with the landing behavior, so much depth and subtle variation based on loads, control inputs, stores, etc. It is simply fascinating to fly!

Well, not really. The Heatblur CV-59-62 will gain functionality as ED adds features to the DCS carriers, but its more about the art-team being fully devoted to the F-14 artwork at this time.

-Nick
man, you are more worse(in a good way) then heatblur in regards of teasing!
1stBEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 10:04 AM   #135
Reflected

Reputation power: 19
Reflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stBEAST View Post
man, you are more worse(in a good way) then heatblur in regards of teasing!
I was gonna say the same! Shame on you BlackLion for writing so beautifully about the F-14!

My Music
My DCS Skins
B350 Gaming Plus / Ryzen 5 1600 X @ 3,6 / MSI GeForce GTX1070 8192 / 16 GB RAM / Samsung PM961 512 SSD / MS FFB 2 / TM Warthog throttle / Saitek ProFlight pedals / TrackIR 4 PRO
Reflected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 01:26 PM   #136
Bad Idea Hat

Reputation power: 1
Bad Idea Hat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Okay, so I'm not wrong to think that the AS Tomcat feels like it's on rails when I fly it. It's 100% predictable at every weight, stores config, etc. I worry I get too complacent flying the jet, and the only thing I had happen to me that really kicked my butt was a compressor stall around angels 26 in the left engine when I accidentally throttled down too much and stopped paying attention to the sim.

Really, the only thing I'm not comfortable with in the AS Tomcat is the auto-throttle, which I can only seem to get to work correctly if I don't make any movements over what feels like a degree per second.
Bad Idea Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 11:48 PM   #137
captain_dalan

Reputation power: 4
captain_dalan has a spectacular aura aboutcaptain_dalan has a spectacular aura aboutcaptain_dalan has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Its worth mentioning that this estimate was made before the decision to redo all of the artwork. When Cobra visited the US and photo'ed a dozen Tomcats in detail, he decided to laser scan and use photogrammetry to achieve a dimensionally accurate cockpit (perfect in fact). The current placeholder (originally to be definitive) was created using purely photo references and that technique simply has limitations. Now with VR in the mix, 3D inaccuracies can be quite noticeable in a way that was not a factor before.

The new cockpit will be spectacular (and 3D external - also redone from external scans and now way more accurate), but the art team is fully dedicated to the F-14 itself to stay as close as possible to prior estimates. This also why you haven't seen any Forrestal class updates for a while.

Cobra plans on a "Road to Release" post in the next few weeks which will detail the current state of things and next steps.

FM and system modeling are coming along beautifully, as is Jester. The F-14B (followed by F-14A) will be a very high functioning and fairly complete module on release. It is already more complete than a lot of prior EA products in terms of capability and functionality.

-Nick
Ah, we're quite a bit away from a release then, i'd guess. Oh well, DCS hiatus continues then, for what will be a boring holiday season
captain_dalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 12:32 AM   #138
VampireNZ

Reputation power: 7
VampireNZ is a jewel in the roughVampireNZ is a jewel in the roughVampireNZ is a jewel in the roughVampireNZ is a jewel in the roughVampireNZ is a jewel in the roughVampireNZ is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_dalan View Post
Ah, we're quite a bit away from a release then, i'd guess. Oh well, DCS hiatus continues then, for what will be a boring holiday season
Same story here - on a brighter note, that 'other' WWII sim is releasing awesome stuff left right and centre at the moment. Spending a lot of time over the NW Caucasus area.

On that sim, it is the first time I literally almost crapped myself in VR as I was skimming along the coast low-level just off the beach in my Spit - and almost got taken out by a big swell rolling in... was awesome! lol.

Shopping List -
F-14A/B
VampireNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 11:56 PM   #139
sphinx

Reputation power: 0
sphinx is on a distinguished road

Normandy?
Old 12-15-2017, 05:35 AM   #140
Mking

Reputation power: 2
Mking is on a distinguished road

.. delete

Hydro H115i with 8700k @ 4,9 ghz all cores, Asus strix Z370 f, 32gb ddr4 3600Mhz, Asusrog swift 34 gsync ,Asus strix 1080 Ti Oc Thrustmaster Warthog and th pedals

Lange lebe die Tomcat": Long live the Cat!

Last edited by Mking; 12-15-2017 at 05:47 AM.
Mking is offline   Reply With Quote