[INVESTIGATING]STT missing target extrapolation

Beamscanner

while in STT, targets do not move smoothly (via extrapolation) accross the radar screen.

Instead, target motion appears as discrete jumps from position to position in both range and azimuth(when turning).

This becomes very noticeable at range scales below 20 miles.

Track previously posted:

https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=232898&d=1587174323

The problem is not with extrapolation but with the draw rate of all HAFUs on both the radar and SA screens. I don't know why but the way it's coded means HAFUs are redrawn at a relatively slow refresh rate compared to something like bricks. I'll see if it can be fixed, it doesn't happen in the Viper.

The problem is not with extrapolation but with the draw rate of all HAFUs on both the radar and SA screens. I don't know why but the way it's coded means HAFUs are redrawn at a relatively slow refresh rate compared to something like bricks. I'll see if it can be fixed, it doesn't happen in the Viper.

I see. Yes, I dont see this in the viper either.

Does this have anything to do with the datalink update rate I posted before? The outcome sounds the same, doesn't it?

Stay safe

Does this have anything to do with the datalink update rate I posted before? The outcome sounds the same, doesn't it?

Bump. I'm very interested in this question. What I posted about the 12 secs was wrong as proved by the community and Santi. But I wonder if it is related.

Stay safe

The HAFUs move smoothly on the radar display in LTWS and TWS though. The issue appears only in STT mode.

For off-board only HAFUs on the radar display (off-board tracks should still move smoothly in azimuth if ownship is changing heading) and for the SA page, I agree with you, there appears to be an issue with the draw rate.

But I'm thinking that the STT issue is different, because it's an on-board track and on-board tracks extrapolate properly in other radar modes besides STT.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

The HAFUs move smoothly on the radar display in LTWS and TWS though. The issue appears only in STT mode.

For off-board only HAFUs on the radar display (off-board tracks should still move smoothly in azimuth if ownship is changing heading) and for the SA page, I agree with you, there appears to be an issue with the draw rate.

But I'm thinking that the STT issue is different, because it's an on-board track and on-board tracks extrapolate properly in other radar modes besides STT.

Yeah, the only case when they are smooth is when it's either a brick or an onboard HAFU outside of STT. It's pretty much the same bug with STT as you can see it updates at the same rate as the SA page when you turn. So whatever is making bricks and onboard HAFUs smooth in RWS/TWS is not working in STT or for offboard HAFUs.

Yeah, the only case when they are smooth is when it's either a brick or an onboard HAFU outside of STT. It's pretty much the same bug with STT as you can see it updates at the same rate as the SA page when you turn. So whatever is making bricks and onboard HAFUs smooth in RWS/TWS is not working in STT or for offboard HAFUs.
Exactly. Hopefully that'll help the devs narrow down the issue.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro