Problems with latest DCS update and Helios profile

DudleyAz

The recent DCS update to 2.5.5.33184 released yesterday (July 7, 2019) seems to have broken one of my Helios profiles. The profile is based on the excellent Capt Zeen F-15 Helios profile that uses the Helios Flaming Cliffs 2 interface. This profile has been working wonderfully since putting it in place a couple years ago. It worked in both the original track of Helios, and in the new BlueFinBima development track (which is OUTSTANDING btw!:thumbup:).

The problem is that since the .33184 release, as soon as I start flying the Helios profile slows to a crawl, the touchscreen becomes unusable, and DCS itself eventually becomes unstable. I also noticed that if I exit out of DCS, the gauges within the Helios profile continue to sputter along as if DCS was still running and I have to close Helios to get control of my touchscreen again. This led me to look at the DCS interface that the Helios profile was using. It turns out that this is the original Flaming Cliffs 2 interface. So I made of copy of my Helios F-15 profile and deleted the FC2 interface. Bingo! Helios worked just fine again and so did DCS. The challenge is that by deleting the FC2 interface from my Helios profile, none of my instruments that are exported to Helios work any longer for that particular profile. I find that using the functional Helios gauges easier to read and utilize than the in-game ones because they are bigger and are always available to glance at regardless of what I'm looking at in the actual sim, so this is an issue for me.

I use OvGME to manage all my DCS .lua files and such, and it works wonderfully. None of my other non-FC2 profiles are broken since the update, so my guess is that DCS changed some base coding that is no longer compatible with the FC2 interface in Helios... I just don't have the skill or knowledge to troubleshoot farther than that.:joystick:

So, my questions are:

1. Has anyone else experienced your Helios profiles using the FC2 interface not working correctly since the .33184 update?

2. Any thoughts or experience in getting the DCS F-15 gauges to work in Helios without the FC2 interface?

Here are the particulars of what I'm using, and I'll also attach the Helios profile if anyone wants to take a look for themselves.

Any help with the issue is greatly appreciated!:D

Dud

Helios version 1.4.2019.0616 by BlueFinBima

OvGME version 1.7.4

DCS version 2.5.5.33184

DCS F-15C v2.zip

If it worked perfectly... what's the fun in that? :joystick:

• 3 weeks later...

CApt Zen

Helios question:

Trying to make a AMPCD for Fa-18. I cant get helios to accept dsc A-10 interface. My game install is not in C: but in G:

when I manually type it in it doesnt take it. says cant find install dir.

I just updated to the newest OPENBETA yesterday.....

I can get helios to put the MPCD brezel on the screen just cant get the buttons to function I think because the interface....

Any help thanks

If you use my export files, you dont need to setup the interface on helios.

Helios question:

Trying to make a AMPCD for Fa-18. I cant get helios to accept dsc A-10 interface. My game install is not in C: but in G:

when I manually type it in it doesnt take it. says cant find install dir.

I just updated to the newest OPENBETA yesterday.....

I can get helios to put the MPCD brezel on the screen just cant get the buttons to function I think because the interface....

Any help thanks